Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Peptide Discussion
  3. Spring: the no good for nothing but spreading disease and viruses... TICKS!
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Spring: the no good for nothing but spreading disease and viruses... TICKS!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Peptide Discussion
thymosin-beta-4thymalinthymosin-alpha-1
6 Posts 3 Posters 545 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • WisGal64W Offline
    WisGal64W Offline
    WisGal64
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Spring has arrived in the US, and unfortunately that means one thing: ticks are back and thriving, Plum Island be damned.

    I left work early yesterday and drove up north to open the cabin for the season. The evening was perfect, cool, a fire going, until I felt that unmistakable crawling sensation on my back and legs. My stomach dropped. I already knew.

    I didn’t waste a second. Grabbed the flashlight, dropped my drawers, didn’t care who was around. My fear was confirmed, TICKS! My time at the fire was over, DONE 😥

    Then this morning, I felt another one near my ear. Thankfully I caught it before it latched, but still, the stress is real. Normally bugs don’t bother me, but ticks are a whole different story.

    My lab rat had Lyme in 2021, so every encounter now hits differently.

    There's a protocol for Lyme disease, had no idea until now. Thought I'd share.

    [https://www.peptide-protocol.com/post/lyme-disease-protocol](link url)

    LL-37 is mentioned, not one I want to mess with, just based on some feedback I've seen on this pep. But the others, I have researched, except Thymalin but it's on my list.

    Has anyone researched peps for Lyme?

    “Not a guru, not a chemist-just here trying to keep my receptors AND my sanity responsive.”

    1 Reply Last reply
    2
    • afkar7A Offline
      afkar7A Offline
      afkar7
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Something I didn't think about as far as researching. I hike as much as I can, normally once a week when the weather is good and have to always be on the lookout after for them. Same during the early hunting season.

      Thanks for sharing.

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • ResearchCatR Offline
        ResearchCatR Offline
        ResearchCat
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Tiny little world. A friend has a cottage on plum island.

        We’re constantly fighting the deer.. The hostas sprouted two days ago and the deer are already on them. Ticks are awful here. Need more hunters.

        Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

        If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

        afkar7A 1 Reply Last reply
        2
        • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

          Tiny little world. A friend has a cottage on plum island.

          We’re constantly fighting the deer.. The hostas sprouted two days ago and the deer are already on them. Ticks are awful here. Need more hunters.

          afkar7A Offline
          afkar7A Offline
          afkar7
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @ResearchCat said in Spring: the no good for nothing but spreading disease and viruses... TICKS!:

          Need more hunters.

          I'd love to help out. 😁

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • ResearchCatR Offline
            ResearchCatR Offline
            ResearchCat
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @afkar7 Plum Island is managed, but most of MA has a density of 50-100/sq mile, which is 5-10x the sustainable rate. MA has awful gun laws and worse hunting policies, so most hunters would rather go to Nh or Maine. There are coyotes and turkeys in downtown Boston sometimes.

            This past winter, the deer ate through pretty much all vegetation low enough to reach.

            Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

            If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • WisGal64W Offline
              WisGal64W Offline
              WisGal64
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @researchcat we used to see a lot of deer, guys had their quota by the end of opener. But in the last 10 years, the deer are very sparse. I think the timber wolves and coyotes are getting their bellies full.

              “Not a guru, not a chemist-just here trying to keep my receptors AND my sanity responsive.”

              1 Reply Last reply
              1

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              • Login

              • Login or register to search.
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Categories
              • Recent
              • Tags
              • Popular
              • World
              • Users
              • Groups