Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. Blood in cart ?!? 🩸
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Blood in cart ?!? 🩸

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
14 Posts 7 Posters 812 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ResearchCatR Online
    ResearchCatR Online
    ResearchCat
    wrote on last edited by
    #5

    There have been a few threads about this. I am assuming you are injecting cold, though that isn’t required. When you install the pen needle, sometimes if there is a pressure imbalance due to temperature differences, there could be a bit of vacuum in the cart, which is why you sometimes get air bubbles. But if you are slow to inject or hit a vessel like the poster above said, you can get some backflow. I have had this happen once myself, and it sucks throwing a cart away.

    My suggestion to minimize this happening, and losing drops, is to hold the pen vertically tip up when installing the pen needle, inject quickly and smoothly, and remove the needle immediately after done. My hypothesis is that backflow happens at the beginning, not the end, of injection.

    Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

    If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

    P Snake PepskinS 2 Replies Last reply
    1
    • Snake PepskinS Offline
      Snake PepskinS Offline
      Snake Pepskin
      wrote on last edited by
      #6

      Did you by chance loosen the cartridge before pulling the needle? I usually have drips from the needle after withdrawal, which would indicate positive pressure still in the cylinder, thus no way for blood to go back in the cartridge. Can you post a picture, or link of the pen used. I’ve heard of this before, but never experienced it.

      “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
      It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

      P 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • N NobleONe

        Curious to see what others say, never seen that before.

        Where do you get your carts from?

        P Offline
        P Offline
        Paradox
        wrote on last edited by
        #7

        @NobleONe that one was from Randy, but I also have a large batch from Ali I haven’t started using yet. I am positive it wasn’t the cartridge. I think I knocked a Bessie and it backfilled.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

          There have been a few threads about this. I am assuming you are injecting cold, though that isn’t required. When you install the pen needle, sometimes if there is a pressure imbalance due to temperature differences, there could be a bit of vacuum in the cart, which is why you sometimes get air bubbles. But if you are slow to inject or hit a vessel like the poster above said, you can get some backflow. I have had this happen once myself, and it sucks throwing a cart away.

          My suggestion to minimize this happening, and losing drops, is to hold the pen vertically tip up when installing the pen needle, inject quickly and smoothly, and remove the needle immediately after done. My hypothesis is that backflow happens at the beginning, not the end, of injection.

          P Offline
          P Offline
          Paradox
          wrote on last edited by Paradox
          #8

          @ResearchCat I think this is what happened, yeah I had to toss it. It wasn’t super cold, I had let it sit out some. I always put a fresh needle on directly before injecting and immediately remove. Hopefully was a fluke thing.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Snake PepskinS Snake Pepskin

            Did you by chance loosen the cartridge before pulling the needle? I usually have drips from the needle after withdrawal, which would indicate positive pressure still in the cylinder, thus no way for blood to go back in the cartridge. Can you post a picture, or link of the pen used. I’ve heard of this before, but never experienced it.

            P Offline
            P Offline
            Paradox
            wrote on last edited by
            #9

            @Snake-Pepskin same, usually there’s a drop at the end of the needle when I withdraw. It’s the V4 pen from this site. They are great! Never had a problem before. Although my Xuilin’s are buttery smooth and Convipen automatics are amazing for no-sting peps.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • P Offline
              P Offline
              Paradox
              wrote on last edited by
              #10

              UPDATE: This is now going to haunt my nightmares… I let the cartridge sit on the counter all day, and when I picked it up to discard it, IT WAS COMPLETELY CKEAR!!! I shook it up and pounded it on the table just to see if the strands/blobs would come loose from the side or top or bottom or something, but they were nowhere to be found. So if I had robotically done what I usually do and inject, remove the tip and discard, swab (I swab before and after), put the cap back on the pen and place back in the fridge without looking at it, I never would’ve seen this!! 😳 😱

              Snake PepskinS 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • P Paradox

                UPDATE: This is now going to haunt my nightmares… I let the cartridge sit on the counter all day, and when I picked it up to discard it, IT WAS COMPLETELY CKEAR!!! I shook it up and pounded it on the table just to see if the strands/blobs would come loose from the side or top or bottom or something, but they were nowhere to be found. So if I had robotically done what I usually do and inject, remove the tip and discard, swab (I swab before and after), put the cap back on the pen and place back in the fridge without looking at it, I never would’ve seen this!! 😳 😱

                Snake PepskinS Offline
                Snake PepskinS Offline
                Snake Pepskin
                wrote on last edited by
                #11

                @Paradox It’s in the house… GET OUT BEFORE IT GROWS!

                Seriously, that’s a bit strange. I’ve been checking my vials, since someone else posted a similar experience., but nothing so far.

                “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
                It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

                  There have been a few threads about this. I am assuming you are injecting cold, though that isn’t required. When you install the pen needle, sometimes if there is a pressure imbalance due to temperature differences, there could be a bit of vacuum in the cart, which is why you sometimes get air bubbles. But if you are slow to inject or hit a vessel like the poster above said, you can get some backflow. I have had this happen once myself, and it sucks throwing a cart away.

                  My suggestion to minimize this happening, and losing drops, is to hold the pen vertically tip up when installing the pen needle, inject quickly and smoothly, and remove the needle immediately after done. My hypothesis is that backflow happens at the beginning, not the end, of injection.

                  Snake PepskinS Offline
                  Snake PepskinS Offline
                  Snake Pepskin
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #12

                  @researchcat @paradox Good points, I have a habit of pushing 1iu before I mount the needle, which essentially primes the needle upon insertion. I mean, yes, it’s Snake Logic, but seems to work.

                  “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
                  It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • EXTROPIANE Offline
                    EXTROPIANE Offline
                    EXTROPIAN
                    wrote on last edited by EXTROPIAN
                    #13

                    I use v2s and remove the pen cap. I disinfect the skin surface and I pin probe the surface for sensory nerves endings and away from hair first. Those are the nerves that inially hurt. When you probe with the pin tip find the spot where it feels the least to nothing at all (the sweet spot). You can probe the skin without breaking skin. Rest the needle tip on the skin at an angle when probing. When you find the sweet spot pin on that spot straight down. Most of the time you will not hit anything. But I had a few between the epidermis and the dermis that I would hit a nerve or a capillary. The nerve feels like an sharp electric shock, the capillary and arteries like sharp nudge (def' bleed). I usually pull it out as soon as I start to feel them and probe again. If you dont have the patients nor the *nerve to do it. Then quickly "pinch, pin and pray".

                    There is a possibility you pinned the arteries in the subQ layer which have enough pressure along with your heart racing from the idea of pinning. lol
                    what-is-skin.jpg-300x184.png

                    2M

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • mrjoshua44M Offline
                      mrjoshua44M Offline
                      mrjoshua44
                      wrote last edited by
                      #14

                      It's happened to me once, and what I figured out was after I finished my injection and leaving the needle in for about 7-8 seconds, I realized I was pushing down way to hard on the end cap of the pen because I was wanting to make sure I got my entire dose. Well before removing from my skin, I would remove my thumb from the end cap and by doing that, it created suction and a drop of blood got in the cartridge.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups