Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. BAC water expiration
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

BAC water expiration

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
11 Posts 8 Posters 646 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • B Offline
    B Offline
    billyshalom
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    What happens when BAC water reaches its expiration date? Should it truly be thrown out? What goes bad with it?

    C S kenhnsyK 3 Replies Last reply
    0
    • N Offline
      N Offline
      Nuncles
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      The short answer is, it's your call and comfort level. It's not a magic number and doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. It's a safety precaution by the manufacturer. There's an expiration on milk. Can it still be good and can you still drink it past the expiration? Sure, but it's at your risk.

      1 Reply Last reply
      3
      • B billyshalom

        What happens when BAC water reaches its expiration date? Should it truly be thrown out? What goes bad with it?

        C Offline
        C Offline
        Commander
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @billyshalom said:

        What happens when BAC water reaches its expiration date? Should it truly be thrown out? What goes bad with it?

        If you do a search, it has been talked about in length in a few threads…

        Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • NewenoughN Offline
          NewenoughN Offline
          Newenough
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Also, the quality of the water will determine that "safety margin". Hospira is a lot different than Uncle Wang's toilet water.

          1 Reply Last reply
          2
          • N Offline
            N Offline
            Nuncles
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            And by Uncle Wang's he means Chinese vendor backwater. I don't know the details but it's an inside joke from this forum creator. Just clarifying for the original poster.

            For a while, I thought Uncle Wang was an actual Chinese vendor. They all seem to have strange names. I didn't know any better.

            1 Reply Last reply
            4
            • B billyshalom

              What happens when BAC water reaches its expiration date? Should it truly be thrown out? What goes bad with it?

              S Online
              S Online
              Stevepep
              wrote on last edited by Stevepep
              #6

              @billyshalom like others have said you can search the forum. It’s a personal opinion people have hoarded it out of fear it was disappearing so in the years to come we’re are going to find out the real answer with the test pilots who are going to continue to use it years passed expiration. I think you are likely fine 6 months or so after the expiration. It does deteriorate over time and lose its ability to act as a preservative that’s for sure. The deterioration also causes the build up of micro plastics which are my biggest concern when it comes to injectables. If you ask Hospira, I have, they say absolutely do not use it past the expiration date and that it’s not some made up date it’s when they see the product deteriorating at a faster pace but there is a margin of safety built in. The milk analogy is a good one imo. So like everything else we do it’s a matter of risk tolerance. Personally, I buy what I need so I don’t go past the expiration I have seen the fear, scarcity tactic play out for three years so the one thing I don’t worry about is hospira Bac water. I also feel like we are getting closer to alternative in the market

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • ResearchCatR Offline
                ResearchCatR Offline
                ResearchCat
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I’m pretty sure a lot of us would use boiled water if push came to shove, so expired bac water is probably safer than that until the alcohol fully dissipates. 😉

                I’d probably put bac water closer to expired medications, which retain 90%+ efficacy for a long time, than milk, which might go bad before expiry if you don’t store it right.

                Someone, somewhere has surely experimented with cutting themselves and rubbing lyophilized powder into the cut. (Jokes, people, please don’t do this! Maybe sprinkle some in your eye.)

                Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                D S 2 Replies Last reply
                2
                • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

                  I’m pretty sure a lot of us would use boiled water if push came to shove, so expired bac water is probably safer than that until the alcohol fully dissipates. 😉

                  I’d probably put bac water closer to expired medications, which retain 90%+ efficacy for a long time, than milk, which might go bad before expiry if you don’t store it right.

                  Someone, somewhere has surely experimented with cutting themselves and rubbing lyophilized powder into the cut. (Jokes, people, please don’t do this! Maybe sprinkle some in your eye.)

                  D Offline
                  D Offline
                  damic
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @ResearchCat rofl, milk....rub it in your eye! lolz!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • B billyshalom

                    What happens when BAC water reaches its expiration date? Should it truly be thrown out? What goes bad with it?

                    kenhnsyK Offline
                    kenhnsyK Offline
                    kenhnsy
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @billyshalom said:

                    What happens when BAC water reaches its expiration date? Should it truly be thrown out? What goes bad with it?

                    Assuming the molecule does not break down in water: Benzyl alcohol has a specific gravity of 1.05. At 0.9% solution, there is about 283.5 mg in a 30 ml bottle. You are well within measurement range on a decent $80 Chinese milligram scale. If I remember tomorrow I will measure the weight of 4 new bottles of HBAC and see how much variation there is.
                    So you should be able to subtract the weight of your filled bottles minus the weight of an empty one and figure how much has evaporated past the seal. If it is small, I would use it.
                    Oh, wait. The boiling point is 401F. Maybe a chemist here can correct me. But that suggests that more water would evaporate out than benzyl alcohol.

                    kenhnsyK 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • kenhnsyK kenhnsy

                      @billyshalom said:

                      What happens when BAC water reaches its expiration date? Should it truly be thrown out? What goes bad with it?

                      Assuming the molecule does not break down in water: Benzyl alcohol has a specific gravity of 1.05. At 0.9% solution, there is about 283.5 mg in a 30 ml bottle. You are well within measurement range on a decent $80 Chinese milligram scale. If I remember tomorrow I will measure the weight of 4 new bottles of HBAC and see how much variation there is.
                      So you should be able to subtract the weight of your filled bottles minus the weight of an empty one and figure how much has evaporated past the seal. If it is small, I would use it.
                      Oh, wait. The boiling point is 401F. Maybe a chemist here can correct me. But that suggests that more water would evaporate out than benzyl alcohol.

                      kenhnsyK Offline
                      kenhnsyK Offline
                      kenhnsy
                      wrote on last edited by kenhnsy
                      #10

                      kenhnsy said:

                      weight of your filled bottles

                      Here is the weight of 3 bottles dated at Feb 2029:
                      40.356, 40.369, 40.352g.
                      This gives you an idea of how much yours should weigh.
                      If I find my brix meter I will see if that cheap instrument can measure the SG change of BAC water.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

                        I’m pretty sure a lot of us would use boiled water if push came to shove, so expired bac water is probably safer than that until the alcohol fully dissipates. 😉

                        I’d probably put bac water closer to expired medications, which retain 90%+ efficacy for a long time, than milk, which might go bad before expiry if you don’t store it right.

                        Someone, somewhere has surely experimented with cutting themselves and rubbing lyophilized powder into the cut. (Jokes, people, please don’t do this! Maybe sprinkle some in your eye.)

                        S Online
                        S Online
                        Stevepep
                        wrote on last edited by Stevepep
                        #11

                        @ResearchCat @kenhnsy it’s not just the alcohol dissipating it’s what happens inside the bottle when it dissipates it causes the rubber stopper and plastic to breakdown the expiration date is based on storage and takes all that into account. I have first hand talked to the Hospira rep about this. Simply testing for alcohol content would show us the obvious that alcohol has dissipated somewhat. It’s one of these things we’re people will do what they want we are all adults. Some people will say screw it and will use it till it’s gone and ignore the expiration date entirely some will say 6 months, maybe a year. Others will just say this is something I actually have control over and will just stay close to what the manufacturer put on the bottle and order accordingly. I don’t think this is something we need to hoard but others may disagree.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        2

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Tags
                        • Popular
                        • World
                        • Users
                        • Groups