Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Peptide Discussion
  3. Southern Aminos SA-3R. Real deal or Frankenstein?
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Southern Aminos SA-3R. Real deal or Frankenstein?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Peptide Discussion
8 Posts 4 Posters 497 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • M Offline
    M Offline
    Mindset Modality
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Been a steady researcher/customer of SA. However decided to compare their published sequence of SA-3R to canonical Reta and was surprised to see the fatty-acid side chain attached to the first of two lysines located next to each other. My understanding is that canonical reta—Lilly’s LY3437943—has it attached to the second lysine.

    I contacted their customer service to ask if their product has the exact same structure as LY3437943 and whether the sequence shown is simply a formatting error. I also asked if their testing verifies the precise attachment location.

    Alas, no answer whatsoever after a week and another follow up query. Maybe it's an error. Maybe it doesn't matter. Or maybe it's a Frankenstein and anybody's guess as to what a Rat might experience.

    In any case, definitely erodes confidence and trust to not receive any answer or acknowledgement of the question. Disappointing.

    Anyone else seeing this with SA or other vendors? Anyone with more than my HS level of Chemistry knowledge have an opinion?

    vpepsV EXTROPIANE 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • M Mindset Modality

      Been a steady researcher/customer of SA. However decided to compare their published sequence of SA-3R to canonical Reta and was surprised to see the fatty-acid side chain attached to the first of two lysines located next to each other. My understanding is that canonical reta—Lilly’s LY3437943—has it attached to the second lysine.

      I contacted their customer service to ask if their product has the exact same structure as LY3437943 and whether the sequence shown is simply a formatting error. I also asked if their testing verifies the precise attachment location.

      Alas, no answer whatsoever after a week and another follow up query. Maybe it's an error. Maybe it doesn't matter. Or maybe it's a Frankenstein and anybody's guess as to what a Rat might experience.

      In any case, definitely erodes confidence and trust to not receive any answer or acknowledgement of the question. Disappointing.

      Anyone else seeing this with SA or other vendors? Anyone with more than my HS level of Chemistry knowledge have an opinion?

      vpepsV Offline
      vpepsV Offline
      vpeps
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Mindset-Modality I don't think you should expect any knowledge on biochemistry from the sellers. They are businessmen, not scientists. For them these compounds are not more than a magic potion for a medieval charlatan.
      I got tired of counting errors on these sites, wrong names, formulas, numbers, descriptions. I reported it to them first, but generally nobody cared even to fix it. They don't know and don't care what they sell as long as you buy it.

      attentiion is all you need

      1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • M Mindset Modality

        Been a steady researcher/customer of SA. However decided to compare their published sequence of SA-3R to canonical Reta and was surprised to see the fatty-acid side chain attached to the first of two lysines located next to each other. My understanding is that canonical reta—Lilly’s LY3437943—has it attached to the second lysine.

        I contacted their customer service to ask if their product has the exact same structure as LY3437943 and whether the sequence shown is simply a formatting error. I also asked if their testing verifies the precise attachment location.

        Alas, no answer whatsoever after a week and another follow up query. Maybe it's an error. Maybe it doesn't matter. Or maybe it's a Frankenstein and anybody's guess as to what a Rat might experience.

        In any case, definitely erodes confidence and trust to not receive any answer or acknowledgement of the question. Disappointing.

        Anyone else seeing this with SA or other vendors? Anyone with more than my HS level of Chemistry knowledge have an opinion?

        EXTROPIANE Offline
        EXTROPIANE Offline
        EXTROPIAN
        wrote on last edited by EXTROPIAN
        #3

        @Mindset-Modality In layman's term please explain to someone who onced use a fizzing baking soda and vinegar as a cleaning agent.
        The Lilly’s LY3437943 peptide illustration and\or writen sequence incorrect? Or a new rareTA?

        2M

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • N Offline
          N Offline
          Nuncles
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I feel like I'm listening to the teacher from Charlie Brown.

          EXTROPIANE 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • N Nuncles

            I feel like I'm listening to the teacher from Charlie Brown.

            EXTROPIANE Offline
            EXTROPIANE Offline
            EXTROPIAN
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Nuncles He is concerned. Maybe he is onto something. lol

            2M

            N 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • EXTROPIANE EXTROPIAN

              @Nuncles He is concerned. Maybe he is onto something. lol

              N Offline
              N Offline
              Nuncles
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @EXTROPIAN Yeah, the info will be useful to someone. It's just way over my head.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • vpepsV Offline
                vpepsV Offline
                vpeps
                wrote on last edited by vpeps
                #7

                He talks about retatrutide molecular structure. But I actually don't see two Lysines (K) next to each other.
                https://www.peptideprotocolwiki.com/peptides/retatrutide/molecule
                https://www.kegg.jp/entry/D12430

                P.S. I think it's a specially modified linker (Lys-{diacid-C20-gamma-Glu-(AEEA)-Lys}), it's visible here https://gsrs.ncats.nih.gov/ginas/app/ui/substances/LQ42M82ZU6
                In SA site it is Lys(modified)–Lys. I think they just copied it from somewhere. It probably means the same, a different way to express it. I doubt that people at SA will be able to explain it.

                attentiion is all you need

                EXTROPIANE 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • vpepsV vpeps

                  He talks about retatrutide molecular structure. But I actually don't see two Lysines (K) next to each other.
                  https://www.peptideprotocolwiki.com/peptides/retatrutide/molecule
                  https://www.kegg.jp/entry/D12430

                  P.S. I think it's a specially modified linker (Lys-{diacid-C20-gamma-Glu-(AEEA)-Lys}), it's visible here https://gsrs.ncats.nih.gov/ginas/app/ui/substances/LQ42M82ZU6
                  In SA site it is Lys(modified)–Lys. I think they just copied it from somewhere. It probably means the same, a different way to express it. I doubt that people at SA will be able to explain it.

                  EXTROPIANE Offline
                  EXTROPIANE Offline
                  EXTROPIAN
                  wrote on last edited by EXTROPIAN
                  #8

                  @vpeptides so the gamma-glutamyl was linked to two lysins in the chain? Learn something every day. What I am wondering how the gila monster poison (exendin-4) was added to this chain. I am going into look up a natural GLP-1 and the gila monster/exendin-4 /GLP-1 side by side. They say the moded gila blocks dpp-4 and last longer in the system. What is in the chain or not that allows it to work/express the way it does in reta?

                  2M

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  • Login

                  • Login or register to search.
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Categories
                  • Recent
                  • Tags
                  • Popular
                  • World
                  • Users
                  • Groups