Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Peptide Discussion
  3. Healing for upcoming surgery
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Healing for upcoming surgery

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Peptide Discussion
11 Posts 9 Posters 447 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • T Offline
    T Offline
    TheMachinist
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I will be having arthroscopy surgery on my shoulder in a little over a week. I am considering something to help with healing. I currently use Reta and have been for one month, this is the only experience that I have with peptides. Advice on this would be great

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • sgirmantS Offline
      sgirmantS Offline
      sgirmant
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      My coyote is 15 weeks post rotator cuff surgery. You should check with your Dr. re: Reta as usually they like you to be off it for 2 wks prior to surgery which my coyote did. I put my coyote on a BPC157 / TB500 routine a couple of months prior to surgery. Post surgery I put my coyote on a KLOW blend for the GHK-cu & KPV benefits of healing and inflammation reduction. I also added to the regiment Ipa / CJC 1295 for 8 weeks. KLOW or GLOW are staples now and felt it improved healing in my coyote tremendously. Prepared yourself, this is one of the complicated joints in the body and recovery is a long game and it will be great. Know that there will be times where you feel like it's not going to improve but stay positive and dedicated to the PT which my coyote can't stress enough of. If your PT is lame, find another, find one that will make you work, not just phone it in. You will thank yourself in the end. My Coyote still has a ways to go, another 2-3 months before he can chase the little fuzzy yellow ball around but the light is visible... you can do this, we can do hard things.... blessings for a successful journey.

      1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • ResearchCatR Online
        ResearchCatR Online
        ResearchCat
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I hope your surgery goes well. I think KLOW post surgery would help significantly with healing. I haven’t had surgery recently but had a very bad muscle tear a few months ago and was running 2x Klow daily and was pretty much fully healed in 4 weeks. The last time I had a muscle tear that turned my whole leg black, it took 4 months to recover.

        Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

        If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • S Offline
          S Offline
          STATIEEIGHT
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          If it’s being done under general anaesthetic - you’d better at least let them know you’re on a GLP1 (not necessarily that it is RETA or where you got it from) as it can cause complications - also probably don’t pin from now as they’ll more than likely tell you to stop at least a week beforehand.

          1 Reply Last reply
          2
          • EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
            EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
            EXTROPIAN
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Man your shoulder is going to screaming repair (DAMPs)!. BPC-157 and TB-500 alone will speed up recovery but you have to make sure to suppliment the material it needs to repair it.
            Most important protein and essencial aminos acids such as leucine, isoleucine, valine, glutamine and arginine. Some vit C, D and omega 3.

            2M

            S 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • EXTROPIANE EXTROPIAN

              Man your shoulder is going to screaming repair (DAMPs)!. BPC-157 and TB-500 alone will speed up recovery but you have to make sure to suppliment the material it needs to repair it.
              Most important protein and essencial aminos acids such as leucine, isoleucine, valine, glutamine and arginine. Some vit C, D and omega 3.

              S Offline
              S Offline
              Stevepep
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @EXTROPIAN that’s it

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • WisGal64W Offline
                WisGal64W Offline
                WisGal64
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I wish you the best with your surgery. My hubs just had this done in July(3rd one), the recovery hasn't been easy. He's always been one to recover relatively easy from surgeries, but this time around altogether different.
                He was instructed to stop the GLP one week prior to surgery. Post surgery, he could resume the day of but he waited a week.
                2 weeks after his post-op follow up, he decided to try KLOW/supp regimen to help with the recovery and inflammation, only did 3 days at a very low dose but stopped because he was still feeling a bit off with fatigue/chills on and off despite his vitals and bloodwork being normal. Fast forward to now, he has a full blown infection, they think it has been there since the day of surgery, but it was a slow growing bacteria so it didn't pick up with the bloodwork they did. Been a roller coaster ride since.

                “Not a guru, not a chemist-just here trying to keep my receptors AND my sanity responsive.”

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • T Offline
                  T Offline
                  TheMachinist
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I have been dosing .5mg twice weekly for the GLP, the Dr. was o.k. with continuing but I will stop now with ten days until surgery. What is a good protocol for KLOW or BPC-157/TB-500?

                  L 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Mydogdaryl423M Offline
                    Mydogdaryl423M Offline
                    Mydogdaryl423
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I had surgery the beginning of July. Stopped GLP 10 days out and didn't start again until 30 days after. Why? So I could eat. Peptides are great but nothing is better than giving your body all the raw material it needs for healing. The re feed actually jump started better fat loss over the last 4 weeks once back on.

                    EXTROPIANE 1 Reply Last reply
                    3
                    • Mydogdaryl423M Mydogdaryl423

                      I had surgery the beginning of July. Stopped GLP 10 days out and didn't start again until 30 days after. Why? So I could eat. Peptides are great but nothing is better than giving your body all the raw material it needs for healing. The re feed actually jump started better fat loss over the last 4 weeks once back on.

                      EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
                      EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
                      EXTROPIAN
                      wrote on last edited by EXTROPIAN
                      #10

                      @Mydogdaryl423 I have heard that a glp reset is good practice specially if you plateau. Couple of weeks off and back on kicks in like new. I am going to start tapering. I believe I been on reta to long.

                      2M

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • T TheMachinist

                        I have been dosing .5mg twice weekly for the GLP, the Dr. was o.k. with continuing but I will stop now with ten days until surgery. What is a good protocol for KLOW or BPC-157/TB-500?

                        L Offline
                        L Offline
                        Le Pew
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @TheMachinist
                        I would do the TB-500 and BPC-157, minimum .5 mg with maybe some Cartalax.
                        As extropian stated, get plenty of supplements.
                        Sardines have a lot of actual tendons, ligaments,. cartilage etc.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        1

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Tags
                        • Popular
                        • World
                        • Users
                        • Groups