Raw irritated eyelids. Retatrutide-associated dysesthesia?
-
My eyelids have been feeling raw and sunburned (but I have not been in the sun for months now because it is close to 100' all summer so far!).
Could this eyelid irritation be from the Reta, or maybe the GHK-Cu in the KLOW I am taking?
I'm taking a few other peptides as well, but Reta and GHK-Cu seemed like they might be behind it. What do you think?
-
My eyelids have been feeling raw and sunburned (but I have not been in the sun for months now because it is close to 100' all summer so far!).
Could this eyelid irritation be from the Reta, or maybe the GHK-Cu in the KLOW I am taking?
I'm taking a few other peptides as well, but Reta and GHK-Cu seemed like they might be behind it. What do you think?
So, should I lower my dose of Reta? I am feeling like it might be too high for me anyways. I am a 2mg/wk. at week 9.
I just asked AI if the sunburnt eyelids was a symptom from R3, and got this response - YES to Reta being the culprit.
Yes, it can affect the eyelids, and the "raw sunburn" description is one of the most commonly reported characterizations of retatrutide dysesthesia/allodynia.
The sensation is systemic and neurological β it's driven by glucagon receptor activation on peripheral sensory nerves, so it can appear on any part of the body, including the face and eyelids. The eyelids are a plausible (and commonly affected) site because the skin there is very thin and densely innervated, making the abnormal nerve signaling more noticeable.
The "sunburn" description specifically:
Multiple patient reports describe it as feeling "like a bad sunburn" or "sunburn-like soreness" with the skin looking completely normal β no redness, no rash, no swelling. That's the key distinguishing feature: it feels like a burn but there's no visible skin change.
The milder form (pain from light touch, like clothing brushing the skin) is technically allodynia; the more intense form (burning, crawling, electric-shock sensations) is dysesthesia. Both are part of the same spectrum and both are attributed to the glucagon receptor component.
One Reddit user described it as "severe sunburn all over" after a dose increase, and another said it "stung like a bad sunburn" and lasted about 4 weeks before resolving. -
The glucagon portion of Reta is your most likely cause. It all depends on your tolerance. Let is play out and maybe it'll get better or lower and potentially drop and switch to a different GLP.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login