Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. No 2nd Needle for Venting Pen Cartridges - a different method
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

No 2nd Needle for Venting Pen Cartridges - a different method

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
18 Posts 8 Posters 642 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • WisGal64W Offline
    WisGal64W Offline
    WisGal64
    wrote last edited by
    #9

    @mikemiranda I did the same thing when I first started. I was so frustrated that I didn't choose a pep that I could afford to lose for my first go at it.

    “Not a guru, not a chemist-just here trying to keep my receptors AND my sanity responsive.”

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • WisGal64W Offline
      WisGal64W Offline
      WisGal64
      wrote last edited by
      #10

      @mydogdaryl423 haha at some point I will, I have about 1000 syringes(no joke, grabbed them early on from a sale I couldn't resist) before I do lol

      “Not a guru, not a chemist-just here trying to keep my receptors AND my sanity responsive.”

      T 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • M MikeMiranda

        @WisGal64 I've blown one out luckily it was a cheap bottle or Tirz becuase I didn't have the breather pushed far enough in the Vial,

        J Offline
        J Offline
        jackiee
        wrote last edited by
        #11

        @MikeMiranda said:

        @WisGal64 I've blown one out luckily it was a cheap bottle or Tirz becuase I didn't have the breather pushed far enough in the Vial,

        I once had a bad breather needle, I guess. It was in and I could feel the resistance, but I ignored it and it blew out. It was GHK-cu. Thankfully, I hadn’t paid much for it. I now NEVER ignore the feeling.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • WisGal64W WisGal64

          @mydogdaryl423 haha at some point I will, I have about 1000 syringes(no joke, grabbed them early on from a sale I couldn't resist) before I do lol

          T Offline
          T Offline
          TBone
          wrote last edited by
          #12

          @WisGal64 Sell them to a friend like I did and go to pens. Highly recommend! 😬

          Comfort is the worst addiction - Marcus Aurelius

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • S Stevepep

            @randallchampion I don’t follow if you are filling a cartridge without a vent you will blow the plunger out. If you are sucking the air out of the cartridge that will force the plunger up exposing the internals. It then would go down as you fill it. Unless I am missing something. Not sure if it was you but someone posted the use a device to free the plunger as well. Maybe you can get lucky and draw air out without the plunger moving and then add your peptide without blowing it out but you will get burned with this method if that’s what you are doing. Many of us have tried and you end up wasting a peptide on the floor

            R Offline
            R Offline
            randallchampion
            wrote last edited by randallchampion
            #13

            @Stevepep air expands and contracts A LOT. It all depends on temperature differentials and what state a cartridge is in when you start it (is it under vacuum or pressure? Neutral?).

            You would be very surprised by how much air you can draw from the cartridges before the plunger budges.

            Humor me and give the method a try with something cheap. When people blow the plungers out it's because they didn't prepare it by putting it under vacuum before filling it.

            I use a cartridge filling station. It has 4 holes for holding cartridges with flat bottoms. The flat bottom prevents the plunger from being able to get pushed out, but it's unnecessary if you're doing it right. The center hole has a dowel in it that you use for pushing the plunger up to purge your cartridge once it's filled. You don't have to purge it that way, but it's faster than using the pen itself to purge the cartridge once you load it.

            S 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • R randallchampion

              @Stevepep air expands and contracts A LOT. It all depends on temperature differentials and what state a cartridge is in when you start it (is it under vacuum or pressure? Neutral?).

              You would be very surprised by how much air you can draw from the cartridges before the plunger budges.

              Humor me and give the method a try with something cheap. When people blow the plungers out it's because they didn't prepare it by putting it under vacuum before filling it.

              I use a cartridge filling station. It has 4 holes for holding cartridges with flat bottoms. The flat bottom prevents the plunger from being able to get pushed out, but it's unnecessary if you're doing it right. The center hole has a dowel in it that you use for pushing the plunger up to purge your cartridge once it's filled. You don't have to purge it that way, but it's faster than using the pen itself to purge the cartridge once you load it.

              S Offline
              S Offline
              Stevepep
              wrote last edited by
              #14

              @DarkStar why? The center is for removing the plunger to sanitize the cartridge. Not for what you are using it for. You push it up to free it and then use a syringe to push air in the cartridge to remove the plunger and sanitize it in an autoclave. You don’t us it like you are because uneven pressure can cause the plunger to get off center which causes other problems. I appreciate the fact you are trying to find a new way or even a better way but this isn’t it IMO. But if it works for you it’s fine

              R 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • S Stevepep

                @DarkStar why? The center is for removing the plunger to sanitize the cartridge. Not for what you are using it for. You push it up to free it and then use a syringe to push air in the cartridge to remove the plunger and sanitize it in an autoclave. You don’t us it like you are because uneven pressure can cause the plunger to get off center which causes other problems. I appreciate the fact you are trying to find a new way or even a better way but this isn’t it IMO. But if it works for you it’s fine

                R Offline
                R Offline
                randallchampion
                wrote last edited by
                #15

                @Stevepep It's been a while and I'm not sure what popped this back up on my radar, but that is not what that center hole on the cartridge filling station is for. It is literally called the "Purging Station."

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • boogiescofferB Offline
                  boogiescofferB Offline
                  boogiescoffer
                  wrote last edited by
                  #16

                  Um… what?! Can I just use a breather + filter?

                  R 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • boogiescofferB boogiescoffer

                    Um… what?! Can I just use a breather + filter?

                    R Offline
                    R Offline
                    randallchampion
                    wrote last edited by
                    #17

                    @boogiescoffer Lol. You can do whatever you want. It just makes me cringe every time I watch somebody pull in a syringe of room air and inject it into their sterile vial.

                    S 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • R randallchampion

                      @boogiescoffer Lol. You can do whatever you want. It just makes me cringe every time I watch somebody pull in a syringe of room air and inject it into their sterile vial.

                      S Offline
                      S Offline
                      Stevepep
                      wrote last edited by
                      #18

                      @randallchampion ummm your pushing the air out of the vial to let liquid fill the void. You're searching for a solution without a problem

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups