Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. Tested my peptides at home and it works
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Tested my peptides at home and it works

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
23 Posts 9 Posters 805 Views 2 Watching
Tested my peptides at home and it works Tested my peptides at home and it works
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • S Online
    S Online
    Stevepep
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    I didn’t think it would work but it does . I posted about this before this $6 bottle tests for the presence of a peptide. While I received it and it works. It will not tell you anything other than that. But, if you buy some grey like me and are worried about a mixed batch you just add an equal amount of this $6 bottle to any peptide and if a peptide is present it turns purple. No more worries about mixed batches.

    It’s called Biuret. The right is the peptide and the left is bac water. It’s a no brainer. You just draw 3IU of the peptide in a syringe and 3IU of Biuret and bingo you know if a peptide is present

    IMG_7374.jpeg IMG_7375.jpeg

    1 Reply Last reply
    3
    • S Online
      S Online
      Stevepep
      wrote last edited by Stevepep
      #2

      This is where I ordered from https://www.homesciencetools.com/product/biuret-reagent-30-ml/

      One bottle is good for about 100 tests

      1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • S Stevepep referenced this topic
      • J Online
        J Online
        JtCjEfF
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        This is great! Thanks.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • judgetooJ Offline
          judgetooJ Offline
          judgetoo
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          Sorry, I'm not so bright but this is very interesting. Basically, the test checks for the presence of a protein, right?

          S 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • judgetooJ judgetoo

            Sorry, I'm not so bright but this is very interesting. Basically, the test checks for the presence of a protein, right?

            S Online
            S Online
            Stevepep
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            @judgetoo It tests for peptide bonds. https://krysia0430.substack.com/p/purple-blue-or-bunk?r=8xcjom&utm_medium=ios

            1 Reply Last reply
            2
            • Stan DouglasS Offline
              Stan DouglasS Offline
              Stan Douglas
              wrote last edited by
              #6

              Oh, you're the guy that locked me on to Krysia, thanks, I've been enjoying her articles the last few weeks and the Substack site!

              What is the ration you are using Biuret:Pep?
              You're combining them in syringes? What is the process?

              S 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Stan DouglasS Stan Douglas

                Oh, you're the guy that locked me on to Krysia, thanks, I've been enjoying her articles the last few weeks and the Substack site!

                What is the ration you are using Biuret:Pep?
                You're combining them in syringes? What is the process?

                S Online
                S Online
                Stevepep
                wrote last edited by Stevepep
                #7

                @Stan-Douglas it’s supposed to be equal parts. And it doesn’t have to be exact. I draw 3IU of the peptide in the syringe and then drew 3 of solution and then let it sit for 5 minutes. If it turns purple it’s a peptide. It happened right away within about 30 seconds on the 3 I did. I am doing it whenever I reconstitute a new peptide before I add in the pen cartridge if it’s not from Nexaph.

                Essentially all my grey stuff. I test on my own but who knows if the other vials are mixed so this at the very least shows if a peptide is present or not in every vial. I for sure feel more comfortable after seeing that purple.

                Krysia is the best if you are into peptides she is your girl and she has contact with the labs all the time. I have asked her a bunch of stuff and she is very honest and responds right away. Peter from Janoshik is on frequently and answers as well. Her Khole is back up

                Stan DouglasS 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • S Stevepep

                  @Stan-Douglas it’s supposed to be equal parts. And it doesn’t have to be exact. I draw 3IU of the peptide in the syringe and then drew 3 of solution and then let it sit for 5 minutes. If it turns purple it’s a peptide. It happened right away within about 30 seconds on the 3 I did. I am doing it whenever I reconstitute a new peptide before I add in the pen cartridge if it’s not from Nexaph.

                  Essentially all my grey stuff. I test on my own but who knows if the other vials are mixed so this at the very least shows if a peptide is present or not in every vial. I for sure feel more comfortable after seeing that purple.

                  Krysia is the best if you are into peptides she is your girl and she has contact with the labs all the time. I have asked her a bunch of stuff and she is very honest and responds right away. Peter from Janoshik is on frequently and answers as well. Her Khole is back up

                  Stan DouglasS Offline
                  Stan DouglasS Offline
                  Stan Douglas
                  wrote last edited by
                  #8

                  @Stevepep
                  Have you had any fails and from whom?

                  S 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Stan DouglasS Stan Douglas

                    @Stevepep
                    Have you had any fails and from whom?

                    S Online
                    S Online
                    Stevepep
                    wrote last edited by Stevepep
                    #9

                    @Stan-Douglas I only did 3 tests so far and yes I had one fail on Pineolon. Then the next vial passed and then I tested the first one that failed again and it didn’t turn purple so fail. I tested the one that passed again and it passed a second time. One for two I guess. From whom, that group buy company isn’t allowed on here. I am not going to use any of it. I just have no trust in the group buy. And don’t see the value in getting it lab tested so it was more an experiment. In the garbage it goes

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • D Offline
                      D Offline
                      denti
                      wrote last edited by denti
                      #10

                      What about something like GHK-cu which is blue?

                      Edit: Thinking about it more, if your GHK-cu is blue then its probably GHK-cu so no need to test anything that has a color to it.

                      Stan DouglasS 1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • D denti

                        What about something like GHK-cu which is blue?

                        Edit: Thinking about it more, if your GHK-cu is blue then its probably GHK-cu so no need to test anything that has a color to it.

                        Stan DouglasS Offline
                        Stan DouglasS Offline
                        Stan Douglas
                        wrote last edited by
                        #11

                        @denti said:

                        What about something like GHK-cu which is blue?

                        She mentions it in the article he provided near the bottom:

                        Then there is GHK-Cu

                        I was also shown testing involving GHK-Cu. This one is considerably messier. GHK-Cu is itself a copper complex and already has a distinctive colour. You’re then adding a copper-based colour reagent and attempting to interpret another colour change visually. GHK itself is a tripeptide and therefore has two peptide bonds, so there’s a basis for a Biuret reaction. But GHK-Cu is hardly the cleanest product to use to demonstrate a test whose entire readout depends on copper chemistry and colour. I’d be much more cautious interpreting that result than I would a clear blue-to-purple change from an uncoloured peptide solution.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • RandyR Offline
                          RandyR Offline
                          Randy
                          wrote last edited by
                          #12

                          I have GHK that has no GHK in it. Its blue.

                          "If it doesnt come in a needle. It doesn't work"

                          S 1 Reply Last reply
                          2
                          • D Offline
                            D Offline
                            dispensarysupport
                            wrote last edited by
                            #13

                            Waste of time. It tells you if there is "a peptide" in there.

                            It doesn't tell you if its 50%, 80%, 99%. It also doesn't tell you if it has Endotoxins or Sterility.

                            S 1 Reply Last reply
                            -2
                            • D dispensarysupport

                              Waste of time. It tells you if there is "a peptide" in there.

                              It doesn't tell you if its 50%, 80%, 99%. It also doesn't tell you if it has Endotoxins or Sterility.

                              S Online
                              S Online
                              Stevepep
                              wrote last edited by
                              #14

                              @dispensarysupport what? You aren’t using it for that reason. You test grey with a lab and then use this on the other vials to give you some comfort there isn’t a zero peptide mixed in the pack. Simple stuff it’s not used for purity or endotoxins it’s to verify the other vials contain an actual peptide. It’s just another safety step.

                              D 1 Reply Last reply
                              2
                              • RandyR Randy

                                I have GHK that has no GHK in it. Its blue.

                                S Online
                                S Online
                                Stevepep
                                wrote last edited by
                                #15

                                @Randy funny enough I tried it in on GHK and compared it to the ghk in the vial it did turn purple but harder to see the difference.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                1
                                • S Stevepep

                                  @dispensarysupport what? You aren’t using it for that reason. You test grey with a lab and then use this on the other vials to give you some comfort there isn’t a zero peptide mixed in the pack. Simple stuff it’s not used for purity or endotoxins it’s to verify the other vials contain an actual peptide. It’s just another safety step.

                                  D Offline
                                  D Offline
                                  dispensarysupport
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @stevensanto said:

                                  @dispensarysupport what? You aren’t using it for that reason. You test grey with a lab and then use this on the other vials to give you some comfort there isn’t a zero peptide mixed in the pack. Simple stuff it’s not used for purity or endotoxins it’s to verify the other vials contain an actual peptide. It’s just another safety step.

                                  This question I just saw brought up to Rick on TG. His reply was about where im at with it as well. https://t.me/onthepencommunity/28/648

                                  S 1 Reply Last reply
                                  -1
                                  • D dispensarysupport

                                    @stevensanto said:

                                    @dispensarysupport what? You aren’t using it for that reason. You test grey with a lab and then use this on the other vials to give you some comfort there isn’t a zero peptide mixed in the pack. Simple stuff it’s not used for purity or endotoxins it’s to verify the other vials contain an actual peptide. It’s just another safety step.

                                    This question I just saw brought up to Rick on TG. His reply was about where im at with it as well. https://t.me/onthepencommunity/28/648

                                    S Online
                                    S Online
                                    Stevepep
                                    wrote last edited by Stevepep
                                    #17

                                    @dispensarysupport I don’t know who Rick on telegram is ot why he is an authority from on the pen but it’s not a substitute for lab testing it’s to confirm the untested vials in a pack contain an actual peptide and aren’t a mixed in zero peptide. What it does is stated in the article posts and my post. If you think it’s a waste of time that’s fine don’t buy it. For me it’s an added layer of safety

                                    D 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • S Stevepep

                                      @dispensarysupport I don’t know who Rick on telegram is ot why he is an authority from on the pen but it’s not a substitute for lab testing it’s to confirm the untested vials in a pack contain an actual peptide and aren’t a mixed in zero peptide. What it does is stated in the article posts and my post. If you think it’s a waste of time that’s fine don’t buy it. For me it’s an added layer of safety

                                      D Offline
                                      D Offline
                                      dispensarysupport
                                      wrote last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @stevensanto said:

                                      @dispensarysupport I don’t know who Rick on telegram is ot why he is an authority from on the pen but it’s not a substitute for lab testing it’s to confirm the untested vials in a pack contain an actual peptide and aren’t a mixed in zero peptide. What it does is stated in the article posts and my post. If you think it’s a waste of time that’s fine don’t buy it. For me it’s an added layer of safety

                                      Rick is an Ai Peptide authority. But regardless, i dont know that ive ever had a kit where they had some vials with peps and some without.

                                      J S Mr SmurfM 3 Replies Last reply
                                      1
                                      • D dispensarysupport

                                        @stevensanto said:

                                        @dispensarysupport I don’t know who Rick on telegram is ot why he is an authority from on the pen but it’s not a substitute for lab testing it’s to confirm the untested vials in a pack contain an actual peptide and aren’t a mixed in zero peptide. What it does is stated in the article posts and my post. If you think it’s a waste of time that’s fine don’t buy it. For me it’s an added layer of safety

                                        Rick is an Ai Peptide authority. But regardless, i dont know that ive ever had a kit where they had some vials with peps and some without.

                                        J Offline
                                        J Offline
                                        jasonfournier
                                        wrote last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @dispensarysupport how would you ever know unless you tested every vial?

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • D dispensarysupport

                                          @stevensanto said:

                                          @dispensarysupport I don’t know who Rick on telegram is ot why he is an authority from on the pen but it’s not a substitute for lab testing it’s to confirm the untested vials in a pack contain an actual peptide and aren’t a mixed in zero peptide. What it does is stated in the article posts and my post. If you think it’s a waste of time that’s fine don’t buy it. For me it’s an added layer of safety

                                          Rick is an Ai Peptide authority. But regardless, i dont know that ive ever had a kit where they had some vials with peps and some without.

                                          S Online
                                          S Online
                                          Stevepep
                                          wrote last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @dispensarysupport you would if you tested this way that’s the whole point

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          1

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups