Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Vendor Reviews & Orders
  3. Can we have too much testing in retail? (Mile High Compounds)
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Can we have too much testing in retail? (Mile High Compounds)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Vendor Reviews & Orders
6 Posts 4 Posters 346 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • J Offline
    J Offline
    jdot
    wrote last edited by jdot
    #1

    MHC was my first peptide purchase, and I genuinely like what Max has built. Even though I mostly use grey-market sources and Nexaph now, there are still a few retail resellers I keep an eye on, MHC included.

    What has kept me from ordering is the pricing. Of the companies I follow, they tend to be among the highest-priced. Their platform has always been strong testing, but lately it feels like more and more testing is being added to justify that premium.

    I’m not sure it necessarily adds enough value for me personally. Once purity and endotoxin are confirmed, I’m usually comfortable. Sterility testing is a plus, but I have rarely seen a failure reported and understand true failures should be uncommon. The same goes for heavy metals, since they generally are not part of peptide production. Residual-solvent testing is newer to me, so I’m still open to learning more about its value.

    With the growing availability of well-tested grey-market options, I think the question becomes whether the additional retail testing justifies the price difference.

    How does everyone else feel?

    M 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • pep_researcherP Offline
      pep_researcherP Offline
      pep_researcher
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      @jdot The main difference some feel is that stateside retailers have a real human face and a real owner that you can reach out or escalate through an affiliate whose code you used and an option to finally do a CC dispute (I have never used it as that hurts RUO community collectively).

      With greys every purchase can be a gamble. Remember how JEEP tried to deny any restitutions for the endotoxin bomb on their batch until they feared permanently losing face and customers as a grey vendor? That's unlikely with stateside vendors.

      J 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • pep_researcherP pep_researcher

        @jdot The main difference some feel is that stateside retailers have a real human face and a real owner that you can reach out or escalate through an affiliate whose code you used and an option to finally do a CC dispute (I have never used it as that hurts RUO community collectively).

        With greys every purchase can be a gamble. Remember how JEEP tried to deny any restitutions for the endotoxin bomb on their batch until they feared permanently losing face and customers as a grey vendor? That's unlikely with stateside vendors.

        J Offline
        J Offline
        jdot
        wrote last edited by jdot
        #3

        @pep_researcher maybe my post isn’t clear because I’m not sure how your response ties in.

        I’m asking if the continued adding of additional testing is enough to justify the large price gap? I don’t think all the additional testing past the basics provides the perceived value they are looking to build. US resellers are struggling for retention at their current price points.

        I’m fully aware of the differences in ordering directly from a vendor and a US reseller who is building an authority presence.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • pep_researcherP Offline
          pep_researcherP Offline
          pep_researcher
          wrote last edited by pep_researcher
          #4

          @jdot I replied to your following statements. "With the growing availability of well-tested grey-market options, I think the question becomes whether the additional retail testing justifies the price difference."

          I was commenting on why someone may still prefer stateside retailers.

          Hope that clarifies.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • J jdot

            MHC was my first peptide purchase, and I genuinely like what Max has built. Even though I mostly use grey-market sources and Nexaph now, there are still a few retail resellers I keep an eye on, MHC included.

            What has kept me from ordering is the pricing. Of the companies I follow, they tend to be among the highest-priced. Their platform has always been strong testing, but lately it feels like more and more testing is being added to justify that premium.

            I’m not sure it necessarily adds enough value for me personally. Once purity and endotoxin are confirmed, I’m usually comfortable. Sterility testing is a plus, but I have rarely seen a failure reported and understand true failures should be uncommon. The same goes for heavy metals, since they generally are not part of peptide production. Residual-solvent testing is newer to me, so I’m still open to learning more about its value.

            With the growing availability of well-tested grey-market options, I think the question becomes whether the additional retail testing justifies the price difference.

            How does everyone else feel?

            M Offline
            M Offline
            mary
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            @Jdot

            Five years ago, when Peptide Sciences was basically the only game in town for newbies, the only question was about the concept of peptides. Now that much of the medical religion has embraced that concept, the question for most has moved to the quality of those peptides, hence, the bubble of the boutique peptide market.

            I believe there will be a flood of the U.S. population entering the peptide scene soon and Mile High is perfect for those new researchers wanting fast shipment West of the Mississippi. Maybe there is a good vendor on the East coast that will be better for those non-pioneer people who will be coming late to the game. : )

            What was critical for me starting out this second time, and probably for most, is obtaining well tested safe singles to try out; and from a trustworthy company that didn't just pop up in 2026. Cost isn't a big deal like it is when you are buying kits and secure enough in peptides to think long term.

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • U Offline
              U Offline
              user_16538
              wrote last edited by
              #6

              Yeah i guess we want best testing but yes while we see alot of prices come down with competition some may keep higher price with more testing.
              My issue,

              1. Some prices ie tirz i can get compounded pharma grade for few bucks more than the top peptide places
              2. Even with testing i have been on prescription tesa/ipa, tirz, bpc, semax,motsc. And yet i get same peps that at times have zero effect or far less meaning it was junk or lower qty of actual active ingredient. And these are from some top rated peptide places.
                At point are the peptide places worth it.. if they dont clean up the crooks and have 100% tested legitinate stuff, as coumpounding becomes more available for common peps, as long as price doesnt sky rocket there will be some give and take.
              1 Reply Last reply
              0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              • Login

              • Login or register to search.
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Categories
              • Recent
              • Tags
              • Popular
              • World
              • Users
              • Groups