Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Peptide Discussion
  3. Opinions Wanted - Sermorelin to CJC-1295 (no dac) Transition
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Opinions Wanted - Sermorelin to CJC-1295 (no dac) Transition

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Peptide Discussion
22 Posts 8 Posters 436 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ResearchCatR Online
    ResearchCatR Online
    ResearchCat
    wrote last edited by
    #2

    A + 7 chars

    Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

    If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

    N 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

      A + 7 chars

      N Offline
      N Offline
      Nuncles
      wrote last edited by Nuncles
      #3

      @researchcat
      "+7 chars"??

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • R Offline
        R Offline
        robert929045
        wrote last edited by
        #4

        I'd go with Option A—Sermorelin has a super short half-life so receptor desensitization isn't really an issue, and CJC + Ipamorelin work best taken together anyway.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Mydogdaryl423M Online
          Mydogdaryl423M Online
          Mydogdaryl423
          wrote last edited by
          #5

          @nuncles What was your current protocol? 7 days or 5 on 2 off?

          N 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • ResearchCatR Online
            ResearchCatR Online
            ResearchCat
            wrote last edited by
            #6

            @nuncles posts have to be 8 characters long. I was being a smartass.

            I have gone right from sermorelin to CJC/Ipa and I have gone directly from Tesa to CJC/Ipa and it seemed to be fine both times. The problem for many researchers is that sermorelin and tesa are both ‘gentler’ peptides, meaning you have to research them for several months to achieve the benefits, where CJC/Ipa often show results in a month or so. That has certainly been the case for me.

            WRT 5/2 vs 7 days, I stopped doing 5/2 a while ago. I might do it for my bride because she won’t use pens and gets needle fatigue, but I think many people have gotten away from the 5/2. I haven’t seen any evidence that 2 days off is going to reset your receptors in any meaningful way. The only real reason I know of for 5/2 is to take the weekend off.

            For me, I just take a month off every 4-5 months and then start it all up again, or sometimes I keep going.

            Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

            If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

            1 Reply Last reply
            2
            • Mydogdaryl423M Mydogdaryl423

              @nuncles What was your current protocol? 7 days or 5 on 2 off?

              N Offline
              N Offline
              Nuncles
              wrote last edited by
              #7

              @Mydogdaryl423 said:

              @nuncles What was your current protocol? 7 days or 5 on 2 off?

              It was 5 on 2 off.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Mydogdaryl423M Online
                Mydogdaryl423M Online
                Mydogdaryl423
                wrote last edited by
                #8

                @nuncles not saying this with any kind of educated information. I would think chance of receptor burnout is low. Even so, I always want to get the most out of my protocol. If it was me I would wait 2 weeks then start both. Hedge my bet.

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • N Offline
                  N Offline
                  Neil McCauley
                  wrote last edited by Neil McCauley
                  #9

                  Option C

                  Start low. 150/150mcg total. 1 dose a day. No calories 3 hours prior/2 hours after.

                  I've experimented with pinning first thing a.m. and last thing before bed. Try both and see which one you prefer. There are pros and cons to each, best method is whichever one works best for you.

                  I'd start with a.m. first week or two if possible just to see how stimulating it is/get your body used to it. See how that goes. You can then switch over to nighttime for a couple weeks and see how that goes. Then pick a method you like.

                  I am not a fan of 5/2 cycles. Every day your peptide exists reconstituted, it loses potency. No reason to ever have it sitting around unused. Run that bottle dry.

                  2 days is nowhere near enough time to reset receptors/prevent desensitization/prevent antibody buildup regardless. You need a minimum of 30 days for that.

                  Run your cycle 30 - 90 days on/30 days off

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • Mydogdaryl423M Online
                    Mydogdaryl423M Online
                    Mydogdaryl423
                    wrote last edited by
                    #10

                    I watched this before I started. If you have them individually and not a blend I think I remember info in here on running one at more of dose than the other after introduction.

                    https://youtu.be/8OEo-mcbdpY?is=Y8oJ0XJA1x22IJJ0

                    pep_researcherP 1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • N Offline
                      N Offline
                      Nuncles
                      wrote last edited by
                      #11

                      @mydogdaryl423 thanks. I will give it a watch.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Mydogdaryl423M Mydogdaryl423

                        I watched this before I started. If you have them individually and not a blend I think I remember info in here on running one at more of dose than the other after introduction.

                        https://youtu.be/8OEo-mcbdpY?is=Y8oJ0XJA1x22IJJ0

                        pep_researcherP Online
                        pep_researcherP Online
                        pep_researcher
                        wrote last edited by
                        #12

                        @Mydogdaryl423 I like Hunter Williams' masterclasses. He's one of the few or the only one who has proper timestamps, clear structure, and clear dosing and titration info.

                        Worse are those docs like Huberman, just chat chat chat — 2 hr long chat and the audience is still scrambling to find actionable info.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Mydogdaryl423M Online
                          Mydogdaryl423M Online
                          Mydogdaryl423
                          wrote last edited by
                          #13

                          @pep_researcher I agree. I like some of the short form for entertainment but like this format for a more detailed deep dive. I like Huberman but getting harder for me to stay engaged with his content these days.

                          pep_researcherP 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Mydogdaryl423M Mydogdaryl423

                            @pep_researcher I agree. I like some of the short form for entertainment but like this format for a more detailed deep dive. I like Huberman but getting harder for me to stay engaged with his content these days.

                            pep_researcherP Online
                            pep_researcherP Online
                            pep_researcher
                            wrote last edited by
                            #14

                            @Mydogdaryl423 said:

                            Huberman

                            I just don't have patience to watch a 2 hr long podcast with scientific references that don't add much value than just make Huby look scientific and intelligent. He has started releasing shorts though. Probably realized his audience fatigue with information overload.

                            judgetooJ 1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • N Offline
                              N Offline
                              Nuncles
                              wrote last edited by Nuncles
                              #15

                              I hadn't seen anything by Hunter Williams before. I look forward to checking it out. I will admit that I don't have the patience to sit through an hour or two of this stuff. I often find they ramble. I usually try and find stuff under 20 minutes to hit the key points. Even at 2x speed those shorter ones can test my patience.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • N Offline
                                N Offline
                                Nuncles
                                wrote last edited by Nuncles
                                #16

                                I thought there were going to be more opinions. All good. I was leaning towards a break and now after hearing the feedback, I will take the middle ground and break for a week before starting both at the same time (not combined). I appreciate everyone's feedback.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                1
                                • ResearchCatR Online
                                  ResearchCatR Online
                                  ResearchCat
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #17

                                  Yeah, it isn’t as complicated or as controversial as people creating content want you to think it is. No matter what you do, it is going to be fine. It’s all research and figuring out what works best for you.

                                  Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                                  If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • N Offline
                                    N Offline
                                    Nuncles
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #18

                                    @researchcat I believe you are right. Lately, when I start getting towards the end of my protocols, I begin quickly increasing the dosage just to see how I react to it and use up the last of the reconned.

                                    This may sound like a stupid question but here goes. Hope it makes sense. I read everywhere about starting low and titrating up to see the reactions. I get it. But what do most people when they are ready for their next protocol (of the same peptide). Do you start the low dose again and titrate up, or just start directly at the ending dosage amount of the previous protocol?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    1
                                    • pep_researcherP pep_researcher

                                      @Mydogdaryl423 said:

                                      Huberman

                                      I just don't have patience to watch a 2 hr long podcast with scientific references that don't add much value than just make Huby look scientific and intelligent. He has started releasing shorts though. Probably realized his audience fatigue with information overload.

                                      judgetooJ Offline
                                      judgetooJ Offline
                                      judgetoo
                                      wrote last edited by
                                      #19

                                      @pep_researcher I cheat by feeding the link to AI and ask for a summary and if there’s something I want to go deeper on, I ask for the time stamp so I can watch that segment. It’s worked pretty well for me…

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • ResearchCatR Online
                                        ResearchCatR Online
                                        ResearchCat
                                        wrote last edited by
                                        #20

                                        @nuncles That is a great question! Once I have experience with a given peptide, or set of peptides, I will usually start at the target dose. Exceptions might be MOTS-C or other peps that can cause histamine reactions. If it is going well, I may accelerate dose increases.

                                        When I recommend starting low and titrating up, it’s usually for new folks starting out who are very enthusiastic and want to start pinning half a dozen peps at once but don’t really know how they will respond to any of them. Even though they are generally safe, everyone is different, reactions occur, mistakes are made, etc.

                                        Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                                        If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        3
                                        • N Offline
                                          N Offline
                                          Nuncles
                                          wrote last edited by
                                          #21

                                          @researchcat Thanks man. That's pretty much what I was thinking but just wanted to validate.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          1

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups