Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. Equipment for doing your own testing
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Equipment for doing your own testing

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
14 Posts 8 Posters 416 Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • C Commander

    Screenshot 2026-09-22 at 4.16.32 PM.png

    This is what I see when I click that link. If you have to create an account to see it - it is Pretty useless....

    BeeKindB Online
    BeeKindB Online
    BeeKind
    wrote last edited by
    #5

    @Commander like most vendors- you have to sign in to see their products. Try that first.

    Just someone with a fridge full of research and a browser history that would concern my doctor.

    1 Reply Last reply
    -1
    • Snake PepskinS Offline
      Snake PepskinS Offline
      Snake Pepskin
      wrote last edited by Snake Pepskin
      #6

      Interesting… if they wanted to sell those at mass, they should show results from the machine next to the lab results on their peptides.

      b24b8067-74e2-4893-8fd0-6bddc057ee74-image.jpeg

      “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
      It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • C Offline
        C Offline
        Commander
        wrote last edited by
        #7

        Would this think actually work to test mass & purity?

        Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • RandyR Offline
          RandyR Offline
          Randy
          wrote last edited by Randy
          #8

          6b1d8722-b992-460a-8463-c67435c79466-image.jpeg

          Just saying...theyve got a good margin on that.

          Talk to them like a grey market vendor and say "Hello Dear, I need sample before i make big order and do much business" Then the MOQ doesnt matter.

          "If it doesnt come in a needle. It doesn't work"

          R D 2 Replies Last reply
          4
          • RandyR Offline
            RandyR Offline
            Randy
            wrote last edited by
            #9

            I also dont know what this machine is actually capable of. I have asked someone much smarter who runs a lab.

            "If it doesnt come in a needle. It doesn't work"

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • RandyR Randy

              6b1d8722-b992-460a-8463-c67435c79466-image.jpeg

              Just saying...theyve got a good margin on that.

              Talk to them like a grey market vendor and say "Hello Dear, I need sample before i make big order and do much business" Then the MOQ doesnt matter.

              R Online
              R Online
              Reactive3078
              wrote last edited by
              #10

              @Randy said:

              "Hello Dear, I need sample before i make big order and do much business"

              😂😂😂

              D 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • C Commander

                That link is not for any test equipment.... it is a peptide vendor

                D Offline
                D Offline
                djoelcassell
                wrote last edited by
                #11

                @Commander 51f36b1e-2785-4f11-a5a3-dc62efbbdcd2-image.jpeg

                Sorry about that. The link was with me logged in. Yes, it's AMC peptide vendor but I was not suggesting people buy peptides from there. I have in the past but not in the last year or more. Just happened to see recently that they sell equipment too. I found it interesting.

                Again, apologies for not thinking the link through.

                Joel

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • R Reactive3078

                  @Randy said:

                  "Hello Dear, I need sample before i make big order and do much business"

                  😂😂😂

                  D Offline
                  D Offline
                  djoelcassell
                  wrote last edited by
                  #12

                  @Reactive3078 - Bahahahha! Again, I'm not recommending the machine or AMCs peptides, I just didn't know that testing equipment that SUPPOSEDLY does the same tests we pay for, was attainable for us common folks. I own a winery and I KNOW how expensive equipment is. I assumed specialized peptide testing equipment would run, like winery equipment, $100-$250K minimum. I do have a small wine analyzer that tests for five or six things but even it runs $25K.

                  Randy you can take this down anytime brother, I'm not affiliated in any way other than I made 3-4 peptide purchases from AMC in 2024-25. Ha! It may be a piece of junk. Just thought it was interesting.

                  Joel

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • RandyR Randy

                    6b1d8722-b992-460a-8463-c67435c79466-image.jpeg

                    Just saying...theyve got a good margin on that.

                    Talk to them like a grey market vendor and say "Hello Dear, I need sample before i make big order and do much business" Then the MOQ doesnt matter.

                    D Offline
                    D Offline
                    djoelcassell
                    wrote last edited by djoelcassell
                    #13

                    @Randy Oh my! That's quite a margin! And even more attainable than I thought! Hahaha. Now I feel like an idiot.

                    And in light of the Snake Pepskins quote under his name: “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
                    It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

                    I REALLY feel like an idiot for sharing that link, Lol!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • B Offline
                      B Offline
                      bsal99
                      wrote last edited by
                      #14

                      People mix up three different questions:

                      Purity - what fraction of the UV-absorbing stuff is the main peak
                      Identity - is that peak the peptide on the label
                      Amount - how many mg of actual peptide are in the vial

                      A used Agilent 1100/1200 + C18 column + 0.1 mg balance will do #1 and a version of #3. It will not do #2. FOr #2 you need a Mass Spec machine.
                      HPLC separates by hydrophobicity and measures peak area at 214/220 nm. Purity is just:
                      main peak area / all peak areas

                      Practical cheap setup for HPLC: complete used 1100/1200 gradient HPLC with UV/DAD, one new C18, HPLC ACN/water/TFA, 0.1 mg balance. Ballpark $8–15k could be less on used lab equipment sites but need to make sure it has all the modules. Not easy to keep these machines working well without knowhow.

                      For identity of what is in the vial you need Mass Spec
                      Best cheap option: ESI single-quad LC-MS

                      Agilent 6120/6130/6140, Shimadzu LCMS-2020, Waters QDa/SQD.

                      Used working ones usually ask $35k–$55k. “Powers on” eBay units at $8k–$20k are often dead. Also really tough to run and maintain - need nitrogen tank at home etc.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups