Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. How do you calculate the overfill when adjusting your dose?
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

How do you calculate the overfill when adjusting your dose?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
11 Posts 6 Posters 210 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • RandyR Offline
    RandyR Offline
    Randy
    wrote last edited by
    #2

    even the compounders arent as accurate as you would like to believe.

    Yes you average it for your rat. That being said eyballing 33 units vs 35 is kind of pointless. I always round to the nearest big number on syringes. I also try to keep every research protocol for the rat using the same number. so 40 units all around these days.

    "If it doesnt come in a needle. It doesn't work"

    U 1 Reply Last reply
    3
    • ResearchCatR Offline
      ResearchCatR Offline
      ResearchCat
      wrote last edited by ResearchCat
      #3

      I always find it amusing when these questions come up. I was there once myself. Almost everyone assumes that the compounding pharmacy is somehow precisely on the money, but then the peptide vendors aren’t. And then people talk about how tirz from one compounding pharmacy or vendor is ‘stronger’ than the same chemical from another pharmacy or vendor. There is only one scientific way I know that can make that true. 😉

      Keep in mind that the last compounding pharmacy I dealt with had me with a prescription for Clomid but wrote enclo in the comments (‘that is our system’) and I was supposed to believe they were actually sending me enclomiphene citrate no COA. There are not enough expletives for how little confidence I have in the medical industry anymore.

      Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

      If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

      1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • vpepsV Online
        vpepsV Online
        vpeps
        wrote last edited by
        #4

        There are a lot of errors and roundings in the process. You reconstitute it with a not exact amount of water, you filter it (if you do) and something is left there, you transfer it from vial to vial or to a pen, you measure it with a syringe. Do you expect it to be exact 11.85 mg divided by a dose ratio to the tens of micrograms (microliters)? Just assume the number on the label unless it's twice less than COA.

        attentiion is all you need

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • RandyR Randy

          even the compounders arent as accurate as you would like to believe.

          Yes you average it for your rat. That being said eyballing 33 units vs 35 is kind of pointless. I always round to the nearest big number on syringes. I also try to keep every research protocol for the rat using the same number. so 40 units all around these days.

          U Offline
          U Offline
          user_6780
          wrote last edited by
          #5

          @Randy thanks! Yeah I sort of figured this would be the reply..but figured it couldn't hurt to ask. You don’t know what you don't know right?

          ResearchCatR 1 Reply Last reply
          2
          • U user_6780

            @Randy thanks! Yeah I sort of figured this would be the reply..but figured it couldn't hurt to ask. You don’t know what you don't know right?

            ResearchCatR Offline
            ResearchCatR Offline
            ResearchCat
            wrote last edited by
            #6

            @user_6780 We all started out there. Perfectly good question. I use a spreadsheet and plug the numbers into it, including the averaging to get my dosage and units.

            Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

            If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • B Offline
              B Offline
              Blueeyedme
              wrote last edited by
              #7

              For a minor overfill, I don’t even count it and dose based on the label.

              U 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • B Blueeyedme

                For a minor overfill, I don’t even count it and dose based on the label.

                U Offline
                U Offline
                user_6780
                wrote last edited by
                #8

                @Blueeyedme I use other peps that have overfill and I have never worried about it before; however, specifically for tirz, I am l transitioning from a compounding pharmacy, so a little different experience. I also am EXTREMELY sensitive to tirzepatide in general. I have never injected over 1mg in the last year and had to titrate up very slowly. My larger concern was more focused on an accurate dose as not to overwhelm my system with a crazy fluctuation.

                ResearchCatR 1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • U user_6780

                  @Blueeyedme I use other peps that have overfill and I have never worried about it before; however, specifically for tirz, I am l transitioning from a compounding pharmacy, so a little different experience. I also am EXTREMELY sensitive to tirzepatide in general. I have never injected over 1mg in the last year and had to titrate up very slowly. My larger concern was more focused on an accurate dose as not to overwhelm my system with a crazy fluctuation.

                  ResearchCatR Offline
                  ResearchCatR Offline
                  ResearchCat
                  wrote last edited by
                  #9

                  @user_6780 said:

                  @Blueeyedme I use other peps that have overfill and I have never worried about it before; however, specifically for tirz, I am l transitioning from a compounding pharmacy, so a little different experience. I also am EXTREMELY sensitive to tirzepatide in general. I have never injected over 1mg in the last year and had to titrate up very slowly. My larger concern was more focused on an accurate dose as not to overwhelm my system with a crazy fluctuation.

                  One thing I stand by is that for most peptides, ignoring a 20% overfill is probably fine. Doing so with GLP-1’s is a completely different thing. I would definitely go by the COA instead of the label. Your particular vial might not be spot on, but starting conservatively and titrating up based on initial findings is a good way to go.

                  My current tirz kit tested at 70mg for a 60mg vial, and since I typically only take 5mg, ignoring that overfill would give me a noticeable difference in suppression. The higher your dose, the less meaningful it is, but unlike other peps, dosing mistakes with GLP-1’s can punish you.

                  Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                  If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                  U 1 Reply Last reply
                  4
                  • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

                    @user_6780 said:

                    @Blueeyedme I use other peps that have overfill and I have never worried about it before; however, specifically for tirz, I am l transitioning from a compounding pharmacy, so a little different experience. I also am EXTREMELY sensitive to tirzepatide in general. I have never injected over 1mg in the last year and had to titrate up very slowly. My larger concern was more focused on an accurate dose as not to overwhelm my system with a crazy fluctuation.

                    One thing I stand by is that for most peptides, ignoring a 20% overfill is probably fine. Doing so with GLP-1’s is a completely different thing. I would definitely go by the COA instead of the label. Your particular vial might not be spot on, but starting conservatively and titrating up based on initial findings is a good way to go.

                    My current tirz kit tested at 70mg for a 60mg vial, and since I typically only take 5mg, ignoring that overfill would give me a noticeable difference in suppression. The higher your dose, the less meaningful it is, but unlike other peps, dosing mistakes with GLP-1’s can punish you.

                    U Offline
                    U Offline
                    user_6780
                    wrote last edited by
                    #10

                    @ResearchCat thank you! Yes I agree!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • atlas01A Offline
                      atlas01A Offline
                      atlas01
                      wrote last edited by
                      #11

                      I usually take the average of all available test results, and round up or down to the nearest whole number. Because nobody can accurately draw up 20.5 units on a syringe 🤣

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups