Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. Breather needle
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Breather needle

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
syringes
12 Posts 7 Posters 989 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • RandyR Online
    RandyR Online
    Randy
    wrote on last edited by
    #3

    those are the ones.

    "If it doesnt come in a needle. It doesn't work"

    D 1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • A Offline
      A Offline
      amcgruff
      wrote on last edited by
      #4

      Thank you, both!

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • P PeptideCritic moved this topic from Supplies Discussion on
      • RandyR Randy

        those are the ones.

        D Offline
        D Offline
        danielgegic
        wrote on last edited by
        #5

        @Randy is it 30Ga-1 inch option

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • E Online
          E Online
          Eleanor
          wrote on last edited by Eleanor
          #6

          Anything wrong with using Comfort syringe with 29 or 30Ga, pull out the stopper and place in the vial? Guess I need the Luer lock on it? If my thinking is totally wrong, I accept that; yes, I know my math sucks (per gymrat).

          Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • ResearchCatR Offline
            ResearchCatR Offline
            ResearchCat
            wrote on last edited by
            #7

            Not at all; a syringe with the stopper removed is just fine. Some of us just like buying every possible piece of equipment. Given the size of the cartridge membrane, I like thinner gauge needles for this job.

            My main setup is 3ml 25g Luer lock syringes for recon, 31g 1.5” needles for pulling from vials(to get every unit!), and 30g 1” needles for venting. This was mostly driven by what was recommended or what was available, and since they come in 100 packs, they last a while.

            Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

            If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

            1 Reply Last reply
            2
            • ResearchCatR Offline
              ResearchCatR Offline
              ResearchCat
              wrote on last edited by
              #8

              Stopper = plunger.

              Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

              If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • B Online
                B Online
                bingo
                wrote on last edited by
                #9

                I just grab one of my 8mm pen needles and use that. Just put it in at a slight angle to leave room for the main needle and filter.

                1 Reply Last reply
                2
                • E Online
                  E Online
                  Eleanor
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #10

                  Thank you all very much!

                  Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • T Offline
                    T Offline
                    timber6
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #11

                    Should we filter the venting needle?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • ResearchCatR Offline
                      ResearchCatR Offline
                      ResearchCat
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #12

                      No need. Nothing it going through it. The filter is to remove potential contaminants in the peptide solution, not particulates in the air.

                      The likelihood that something bad in your house is going to find its way through the breather needle and cause a problem is quite small. Though now that you asked, I am sure I will start finding cat hairs in my cartridges. 😉

                      Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                      If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      2

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups