Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Community Meta & Off-Topic
  3. Off-Topic Lounge
  4. Let’s Talk Supplements
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Let’s Talk Supplements

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off-Topic Lounge
34 Posts 11 Posters 2.1k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ResearchCatR Online
    ResearchCatR Online
    ResearchCat
    wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Depending on when you had your scan, they should have seen something if there was a serious inflammation or other thing. I am not a doctor.

    My first labs after starting Tirz showed very high lipase (pancreas), but subsequent labs show it back to normal after reducing my dose and making other changes. No symptoms. We really have to listen to our bodies when researching. And get labs done.

    Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

    If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

    Mydogdaryl423M 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

      Depending on when you had your scan, they should have seen something if there was a serious inflammation or other thing. I am not a doctor.

      My first labs after starting Tirz showed very high lipase (pancreas), but subsequent labs show it back to normal after reducing my dose and making other changes. No symptoms. We really have to listen to our bodies when researching. And get labs done.

      Mydogdaryl423M Offline
      Mydogdaryl423M Offline
      Mydogdaryl423
      wrote on last edited by
      #26

      @ResearchCat said:

      Depending on when you had your scan, they should have seen something if there was a serious inflammation or other thing. I am not a doctor.

      My first labs after starting Tirz showed very high lipase (pancreas), but subsequent labs show it back to normal after reducing my dose and making other changes. No symptoms. We really have to listen to our bodies when researching. And get labs done.

      My pancreatic function was also abnormal but this wasn't due to the high dose Tirz I was taking. It was due to the gallstones causing inflammation and/or obstruction near the pancreas. This leads to lab tests that show abnormal pancreatic function. Because the blockage usually affects the common bile duct as well, liver values (ALT, AST, ALP) and bilirubin often spike alongside pancreatic enzymes.

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • P PeptideEd

        @researchcat I find different models have different personalities. Gemini is pretty liberal, and insightful about peptides. Claude is a bit more traditional, but very very detailed. The two of them together in my experience provide better results than one alone.

        D Online
        D Online
        derekg1
        wrote on last edited by
        #27

        @PeptideEd said:

        @researchcat I find different models have different personalities. Gemini is pretty liberal, and insightful about peptides. Claude is a bit more traditional, but very very detailed. The two of them together in my experience provide better results than one alone.

        Tweaking your agent definition can erase a lot of the personality issues.

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

          What are you taking?
          What is it for?
          Do you think it works?
          Best time of day?
          Any issues taking with other Suppies?

          I take a ton, and periodically add or remove based on perceived efficacy and/or research findings. I mostly take them all together in the morning, even though I know a few should be in the evening.

          Fish Oil - heart health, gut lube
          Optimen Multivitamin - probably 100% useless
          Glucosamine - knees and joints; been taking for several years; anecdotally, this works for old knees.
          Tongkat Ali - T support; not sure if it works, might.
          Magnesium Glycinate - Good for sleep, stress, maybe heart health
          Zinc - supports T production and immune function
          GABA - brain health, mood improvement, reduced anxiety
          Iron supplements - started recently due to low iron; probably doesn’t help, smells like beef bullion.
          (Might have missed one or two)
          Pterostilbene - longevity, stuff found in berries. Decent oral bioavailability.
          Creatine - Just accept creatine in your life, brothers and sisters!
          Mucil - cause fiber. (Sugar free)

          Dead Soldiers
          These are ones I tried and no longer take, typically because oral bioavailability is poor, sometimes because it just doesn’t work.

          NAD+ - no practical oral bioavailability (See Randy’s signature line)
          Berberine - supposedly amazing benefits but no oral bioavailability, don’t believe the lies, faux alternative to GLP-1
          Turmeric - “You’re better off having a nice curry on Fridays.”
          NMNH - might have some benefits, the blends often smell like rotten eggs, poor bioavailability
          Bromelain - Pineapple extract, supposedly good for vision and floater dissolution. Took for 2 months, no perceived benefit

          D Offline
          D Offline
          diegoc
          wrote on last edited by
          #28

          @ResearchCat I take everything your taking x 3 probably 100 caps a day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • SpaceGhostS Online
            SpaceGhostS Online
            SpaceGhost
            wrote on last edited by
            #29

            Update: Saw my doc yesterday. Ultrasound scheduled for next week. Pain is getting worse and spreading. If this continues, I may head to the ER rather than wait for my scheduled ultrasound.

            I titrated Reta from .5 or 1 to 2 in just two weeks because I didn’t experience any ISR, nausea, etc. (Newbie dumbass move!) I’m also researching Wolverine (2mg) and KPV (.5mg)

            Should I throw the brakes on everything, just blame Reta, or let it ride?

            You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

            vpepsV 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • SpaceGhostS SpaceGhost

              Update: Saw my doc yesterday. Ultrasound scheduled for next week. Pain is getting worse and spreading. If this continues, I may head to the ER rather than wait for my scheduled ultrasound.

              I titrated Reta from .5 or 1 to 2 in just two weeks because I didn’t experience any ISR, nausea, etc. (Newbie dumbass move!) I’m also researching Wolverine (2mg) and KPV (.5mg)

              Should I throw the brakes on everything, just blame Reta, or let it ride?

              vpepsV Offline
              vpepsV Offline
              vpeps
              wrote on last edited by
              #30

              @SpaceGhost It wouldn't make it worse to pause it till you get your Ultrasound results, also to see if pausing makes it better.

              attentiion is all you need

              1 Reply Last reply
              3
              • ResearchCatR Online
                ResearchCatR Online
                ResearchCat
                wrote on last edited by
                #31

                @spaceghost, If the symptoms started after you began Reta, then perhaps stopping all research is a good idea until you get it resolved. If you are in a lot of pain and it is getting worse, then maybe going to the ER is a good idea.

                I am not a doc and this may not be your issue, but I have been reading that ER’s are seeing a huge increase in visits due to GLP-1 ‘overdoses’.

                Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                1 Reply Last reply
                3
                • SpaceGhostS Online
                  SpaceGhostS Online
                  SpaceGhost
                  wrote on last edited by SpaceGhost
                  #32

                  Went to the ER last night. They admitted me, saying gall stones and pancreatitis.

                  Disclosing peptides research to the doctor will be fun 🙄. Any suggestions?

                  You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

                  Mydogdaryl423M 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • ResearchCatR Online
                    ResearchCatR Online
                    ResearchCat
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #33

                    I am glad you are being treated. Pancreatitis is no joke.

                    The only thing I can say is that I would suggest you tell them because that will potentially explain the condition. Not disclosing will potentially mean lots of diagnostics to try to figure it out. I am not educated on these conditions, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

                    I hope treatment is easy and you recover quickly. 🙏

                    Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                    If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    2
                    • SpaceGhostS SpaceGhost

                      Went to the ER last night. They admitted me, saying gall stones and pancreatitis.

                      Disclosing peptides research to the doctor will be fun 🙄. Any suggestions?

                      Mydogdaryl423M Offline
                      Mydogdaryl423M Offline
                      Mydogdaryl423
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #34

                      @SpaceGhost said:

                      Went to the ER last night. They admitted me, saying gall stones and pancreatitis.

                      Disclosing peptides research to the doctor will be fun 🙄. Any suggestions?

                      Knew it. Lol. Your description was all too familiar.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups