Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Results & Lifestyle
  3. GLP Recipe Thread
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

GLP Recipe Thread

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Results & Lifestyle
26 Posts 11 Posters 1.9k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

    Hitting my protein macros is always hard. I usually include at least 1 Oikos Protein(30 G protein) shake after my post CJC/Ipa fast ends before I leave for work. Breakfast is 8 oz full fat Greek yogurt(Fage or Cabot, sometimes store brand), 8 oz frozen blueberries, and 2 stevia packets sprinkled on top. That is about 26-30 grams of protein.

    I eat tons of ground turkey, either seasoned with curry powders or chili/taco seasoning. 8 oz is about 25 grams of protein. I get tired of this, so I occasionally beg my bride to make turkey burgers. Note: Somehow, adding rice to the ground turkey helps me eat more of it.

    We also eat a fair amount of hamburgers as I don’t get tired of hamburgers.

    For the rest, it is mostly going to lunch shops and trying to find a protein forward meal - which isn’t easy. I need to do more meal prep. My wife just made pulled chicken, which was really good. I have made it before but it was always dry. I will be adding this in as you can make a bunch and season on demand.

    BeeKindB Offline
    BeeKindB Offline
    BeeKind
    wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @ResearchCat I used to use mayo to keep chicken moist. Next time I cook chicken breast I'm going to try greek yogurt and see if that does the same thing.

    Just someone with a fridge full of research and a browser history that would concern my doctor.

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • ResearchCatR Offline
      ResearchCatR Offline
      ResearchCat
      wrote on last edited by
      #18

      @shaqdiesel Yep, 100% thighs are our favorites. For slow cooking, you can combine them but we prefer thighs.

      @beekind I’ve seen a number of recipes for dips and other things that substitute full fat Greek yogurt for sour cream, mayo, or other stuff.I don’t know why it never occurred to me to try that on my own.

      Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

      If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

      E 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

        @shaqdiesel Yep, 100% thighs are our favorites. For slow cooking, you can combine them but we prefer thighs.

        @beekind I’ve seen a number of recipes for dips and other things that substitute full fat Greek yogurt for sour cream, mayo, or other stuff.I don’t know why it never occurred to me to try that on my own.

        E Online
        E Online
        Eleanor
        wrote on last edited by
        #19

        @ResearchCat said:

        @beekind I’ve seen a number of recipes for dips and other things that substitute full fat Greek yogurt for sour cream, mayo, or other stuff.I don’t know why it never occurred to me to try that on my own.

        Be careful if you cook yogurt in a dish, casserole, etc. It does not keep for very long. Eat same day. It's why I don't put it in my Indian recipes that I think might have leftovers (rare).

        Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

        Mydogdaryl423M 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • E Eleanor

          @ResearchCat said:

          @beekind I’ve seen a number of recipes for dips and other things that substitute full fat Greek yogurt for sour cream, mayo, or other stuff.I don’t know why it never occurred to me to try that on my own.

          Be careful if you cook yogurt in a dish, casserole, etc. It does not keep for very long. Eat same day. It's why I don't put it in my Indian recipes that I think might have leftovers (rare).

          Mydogdaryl423M Offline
          Mydogdaryl423M Offline
          Mydogdaryl423
          wrote on last edited by
          #20

          @Eleanor said:

          @ResearchCat said:

          @beekind I’ve seen a number of recipes for dips and other things that substitute full fat Greek yogurt for sour cream, mayo, or other stuff.I don’t know why it never occurred to me to try that on my own.

          Be careful if you cook yogurt in a dish, casserole, etc. It does not keep for very long. Eat same day. It's why I don't put it in my Indian recipes that I think might have leftovers (rare).

          I use Greek yogurt in everything. Anything I need creamy. Never had an issue with leftovers when using it. You shouldn't cook with it. I always add it to the dish after the dish is cooked and off the heat. Its been my cheat code.

          E 2 Replies Last reply
          2
          • Mydogdaryl423M Mydogdaryl423

            @Eleanor said:

            @ResearchCat said:

            @beekind I’ve seen a number of recipes for dips and other things that substitute full fat Greek yogurt for sour cream, mayo, or other stuff.I don’t know why it never occurred to me to try that on my own.

            Be careful if you cook yogurt in a dish, casserole, etc. It does not keep for very long. Eat same day. It's why I don't put it in my Indian recipes that I think might have leftovers (rare).

            I use Greek yogurt in everything. Anything I need creamy. Never had an issue with leftovers when using it. You shouldn't cook with it. I always add it to the dish after the dish is cooked and off the heat. Its been my cheat code.

            E Online
            E Online
            Eleanor
            wrote on last edited by
            #21

            @Mydogdaryl423 said:

            I always add it to the dish after the dish is cooked and off the heat. Its been my cheat code.

            I don't do that with Indian recipes.

            Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

            Mydogdaryl423M 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • E Eleanor

              @Mydogdaryl423 said:

              I always add it to the dish after the dish is cooked and off the heat. Its been my cheat code.

              I don't do that with Indian recipes.

              Mydogdaryl423M Offline
              Mydogdaryl423M Offline
              Mydogdaryl423
              wrote on last edited by
              #22

              @Eleanor said:

              @Mydogdaryl423 said:

              I always add it to the dish after the dish is cooked and off the heat. Its been my cheat code.

              I don't do that with Indian recipes.

              Cant speak to Indian recipes. Never had an issue with anything I have cooked. Figured it was worth mentioning.

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • E Online
                E Online
                Eleanor
                wrote on last edited by
                #23

                Japanese cook Salmon:
                https://youtu.be/ayw_78Hz5Rs?si=htT5nRiuolCBgDu_

                Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                1 Reply Last reply
                2
                • D Offline
                  D Offline
                  divacat
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #24

                  Our favorite meal at the moment is:
                  1 sweet onion
                  2 bellpeppers
                  1 carrot
                  Sauté in a little bit of olive oil
                  Add 2lb of ground beef
                  A light sprinkle of jasmine rice
                  Cover mixture with bone broth or water, lid on
                  Simmer and when water absorbs, it’s ready.
                  Add a lot of dill(frozen or fresh)
                  Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.

                  Yumm!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  2
                  • EXTROPIANE Offline
                    EXTROPIANE Offline
                    EXTROPIAN
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #25

                    My repeated GLP treat has been.
                    Papaya and/or assorted berries, peaches topped with cottage cheese, generous raw honey and finished w cinnamon powder. Greek yogurt if I run out of cottage cheese.

                    2M

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Mydogdaryl423M Mydogdaryl423

                      @Eleanor said:

                      @ResearchCat said:

                      @beekind I’ve seen a number of recipes for dips and other things that substitute full fat Greek yogurt for sour cream, mayo, or other stuff.I don’t know why it never occurred to me to try that on my own.

                      Be careful if you cook yogurt in a dish, casserole, etc. It does not keep for very long. Eat same day. It's why I don't put it in my Indian recipes that I think might have leftovers (rare).

                      I use Greek yogurt in everything. Anything I need creamy. Never had an issue with leftovers when using it. You shouldn't cook with it. I always add it to the dish after the dish is cooked and off the heat. Its been my cheat code.

                      E Online
                      E Online
                      Eleanor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #26

                      @Mydogdaryl423
                      You should cook however you want. I've just found if there's leftovers of any kind, the yogurt, if put in the dish when it's warm, curdles the next day.

                      Have fun with it!

                      Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups