Southern Aminos Potentially Crashed Their Own Website
-
Southern Aminos has been sending out teaser emails for the last few days about their big 4th of July sale....their biggest sales event ever, they claimed. They wouldn't hint at what it was until 8 AM this morning. Their website has not been working all morning. Either they have a crappy server or server ISP, or they greatly underestimated the numbers in the RUO community and the website was hammered too hard. Either way they weren't prepared. Best of luck to them. I hope for their business, they get it resolved soon and back on track.
-
N Nuncles referenced this topic on
-
It was up before they launched. I could load it earlier. I can’t now, on any device. Neither can my friend.
I hope they and their customers have a great event; I will see if they have anything I can use. They were great for SS-31 earlier this year.
-
Their website is slow AF and we have complained to them. Usually takes about 30 seconds to load the disclaimer and login page for us without some big sale.
A lot of vendors would have their sites break when if we include them in an email because they think talking to claude bot or using vercel with supabase makes them a web dev. If our measly email list can nuke your website... Bro.
-
40% off sitewide, stacking to as much as 55% with an affiliate code. Site wouldn't finish loading for me either
-
It was up before they launched. I could load it earlier. I can’t now, on any device. Neither can my friend.
I hope they and their customers have a great event; I will see if they have anything I can use. They were great for SS-31 earlier this year.
@ResearchCat They do not have SS-31 on the site right now took me 30 minutes to get to that page but finally loaded and I don't see that as an option.
-
@beekind Nobody calls it that anymore. You have to look for it by whatever their vendor code is. I think it was MTT-31 or something like that.
-
@beekind Nobody calls it that anymore. You have to look for it by whatever their vendor code is. I think it was MTT-31 or something like that.
@ResearchCat ok, give me another 20 minutes I'll get back to you, somehow the site is still working for me.
-
Their 60mg reta is out of stock
-
@beekind Nobody calls it that anymore. You have to look for it by whatever their vendor code is. I think it was MTT-31 or something like that.
@ResearchCat MTT-31 10mg - $41.40 before affiliate discount - it also says limited inventory.
-
During major promotional events such as our 60% off sales and Flash Drops, website traffic can increase dramatically within a very short period of time. During Flash Drops, certain products may be reduced to as little as $5, so it is understandable that thousands of customers may attempt to browse, add items to their carts, and check out at nearly the same time.
Southern Aminos has invested heavily in its website infrastructure specifically to handle this type of demand. We operate on a high-performance standalone server environment costing more than $6,000 per month, in addition to substantial investments in CDN services, edge caching, optimization, security, and other performance systems.
Even with that level of infrastructure, an extreme surge of customers hitting the website simultaneously can temporarily overwhelm even very powerful systems. This can result in slower page loads, delayed cart updates, checkout delays, or products selling out while a customer is attempting to complete an order.
This is not the result of us failing to prepare for our sales. In fact, we continually invest in significantly more infrastructure than a typical online store would require. The reality is that when promotions attract an exceptionally large number of customers all at once, no website can guarantee completely uninterrupted performance under every possible traffic spike.
We understand how frustrating this can be, especially during a limited-time Flash Drop, and we continuously review each major event to improve capacity and performance for the next one.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding during these unusually high-traffic events.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login