Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. Non-sketchy alternative to Hospira bac water (in glass vials)?
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Non-sketchy alternative to Hospira bac water (in glass vials)?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
43 Posts 12 Posters 4.0k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • RandyR Randy

    @Stevepep it comes down to risk tolerance. Hospira wont give you issues. Other off brand water might. Its unregulated. A lot of times PH is off, benzyl alcohol content is off, something is living in it or there's high endo numbers. Half the time someone has issues with foggy or clumpy peptides its the water.

    I have lost count of the times someone's rat has had a reaction to something and I say "just do 10iu of the water and see what happens" and they get the same reaction.

    "but my friend jerry uses uncle wangs toilet water with no problem! Hospira is a scam!" That's great. I'm glad it works for them. If you go outside of Hospira you need to get it tested. If you don't your risk tolerance is different than mine.

    I am friendly with a few of the owners of the companies you buy from and they sell water... Every single one still gets Hospira for themselves.

    pep_researcherP Offline
    pep_researcherP Offline
    pep_researcher
    wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @Randy said:

    just do 10iu of the water and see what happens" and they get the same reaction.

    That's an excellent strategy all researchers should use before pinning it on peptide or vendors to isolate the problem first.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ResearchCatR Online
      ResearchCatR Online
      ResearchCat
      wrote on last edited by
      #22

      Based on the number of threads recently, I am starting to think this forum has developed a mild case of Hospira Derangement Syndrome. 😉

      Stay safe, research responsibly, share good information, and let people make their own decisions.

      Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

      If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • C Offline
        C Offline
        Commander
        wrote on last edited by
        #23

        There was also the test on expired Hospira, I think they even had a ten year old (unopened) bottle that was still good. So I would take 3 year expired Hospjra over untested other BAC water. If there is a vendor that had COAs up that were under 6 months old - and I couldn’t get Hospjra - I would buy a few cases of it and send out a bottle from each to be tested…

        Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

        S 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • C Commander

          There was also the test on expired Hospira, I think they even had a ten year old (unopened) bottle that was still good. So I would take 3 year expired Hospjra over untested other BAC water. If there is a vendor that had COAs up that were under 6 months old - and I couldn’t get Hospjra - I would buy a few cases of it and send out a bottle from each to be tested…

          S Offline
          S Offline
          Stevepep
          wrote on last edited by
          #24

          Someone tested 10 year old Hospira BAC water? Please post that link. The question is why use it passed its expiration date when you can order what you need and then just reorder more

          C 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • S Offline
            S Offline
            Stevepep
            wrote on last edited by Stevepep
            #25

            I work with a form of benzyl alcohol in my industry and its shelf life is less than 18 months before it starts to lose potency and it loses its ability to combat bacteria after 24 months. Unopened. Like I say we are all consenting adults it’s a matter of risk. If people want to buy 3 years worth and have convinced themselves it’s good for 3 years then that’s their choice.

            In terms of a 6 month old COA maybe the run a large production run every 6 months who knows

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • S Stevepep

              Someone tested 10 year old Hospira BAC water? Please post that link. The question is why use it passed its expiration date when you can order what you need and then just reorder more

              C Offline
              C Offline
              Commander
              wrote on last edited by
              #26

              @Stevepep
              I am pretty sure it was Jeff (Randy) on here that posted the results. I think I asked about doing a test and he said it was already done and posted it…
              If not it was on Peppy’s, but I don’t go on there anymore…
              But I do remember reading the posting where they were asking for anyone that had old unopened bottles if they would donate them, and people did. One was 10 years old. But if you search the forums you will find it

              Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

              S 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • C Commander

                @Stevepep
                I am pretty sure it was Jeff (Randy) on here that posted the results. I think I asked about doing a test and he said it was already done and posted it…
                If not it was on Peppy’s, but I don’t go on there anymore…
                But I do remember reading the posting where they were asking for anyone that had old unopened bottles if they would donate them, and people did. One was 10 years old. But if you search the forums you will find it

                S Offline
                S Offline
                Stevepep
                wrote on last edited by
                #27

                @Commander I hate to tell you, but there is no way benzyl alcohol won't degrade over 10 years. It's just not possible its not that stable. In my business, we use a ton of a similar sterile alcohol, and it loses its ability to kill bacteria in less than two years unopened. They have an expiration date for a reason.

                C 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • S Stevepep

                  @Commander I hate to tell you, but there is no way benzyl alcohol won't degrade over 10 years. It's just not possible its not that stable. In my business, we use a ton of a similar sterile alcohol, and it loses its ability to kill bacteria in less than two years unopened. They have an expiration date for a reason.

                  C Offline
                  C Offline
                  Commander
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #28

                  @Stevepep
                  You aren’t really telling me anything, I wasn’t the one that did the test. I did organize it, I didn’t participate in it. I only suggested that Peptide Critic do the test, than I was informed it had already been done. You should be telling the lab who did the test…
                  If you search you will find it, it was kind of a big deal on the boards for a while.

                  Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

                  S 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • C Commander

                    @Stevepep
                    You aren’t really telling me anything, I wasn’t the one that did the test. I did organize it, I didn’t participate in it. I only suggested that Peptide Critic do the test, than I was informed it had already been done. You should be telling the lab who did the test…
                    If you search you will find it, it was kind of a big deal on the boards for a while.

                    S Offline
                    S Offline
                    Stevepep
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #29

                    @Commander point being you are the test guy, be safe guy, the guy who tells everyone to test everything, take no risks. let’s not suggest people use years old BAC water that is simply not safe. There is no reason for it. It’s available and never had been unavailable. No reason to go well behind the companies own expiration date. It’s not some made up thing. It’s because it degrades and creates microplastics which in an injectable is a no, no.

                    C 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • S Stevepep

                      @Commander point being you are the test guy, be safe guy, the guy who tells everyone to test everything, take no risks. let’s not suggest people use years old BAC water that is simply not safe. There is no reason for it. It’s available and never had been unavailable. No reason to go well behind the companies own expiration date. It’s not some made up thing. It’s because it degrades and creates microplastics which in an injectable is a no, no.

                      C Offline
                      C Offline
                      Commander
                      wrote on last edited by Commander
                      #30

                      @Stevepep
                      You say it degrades. But why would we take your word for it over an actually laboratory testing that was done? Yes I am a test guy.. I am referring to an actual test that was done. You are saying “trust me I am in the business”…

                      Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

                      S 2 Replies Last reply
                      0
                      • C Commander

                        @Stevepep
                        You say it degrades. But why would we take your word for it over an actually laboratory testing that was done? Yes I am a test guy.. I am referring to an actual test that was done. You are saying “trust me I am in the business”…

                        S Offline
                        S Offline
                        Stevepep
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #31
                        This post is deleted!
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • C Commander

                          @Stevepep
                          You say it degrades. But why would we take your word for it over an actually laboratory testing that was done? Yes I am a test guy.. I am referring to an actual test that was done. You are saying “trust me I am in the business”…

                          S Offline
                          S Offline
                          Stevepep
                          wrote on last edited by Stevepep
                          #32

                          @Commander Believe what you want we are all making choices. I believe they put an expiration date on the bottle for a reason. I have no reason to use it after that date so I don’t. Did they test for microplastics that’s what happens when the alcohol degrades in plastic. It’s no go for me. You do whatever suites you but no reason to get on everyone on here about testing when you spit in the face of an expiration date on something you are injecting. Seems a little illogical but that’s just me. I find it funny you trust this so called test but no other test other than the ones you conduct yourself in this instance though it works. Group tests are ok now?

                          For the record I am not in business of Benzyl alcohol we use it to sanitize medical equipment and understand it’s storage limitations in that regard.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • C Offline
                            C Offline
                            Commander
                            wrote on last edited by Commander
                            #33

                            Here you go.. read it for yourself

                            https://krysia0430.substack.com/p/bac-water-wars

                            Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • C Offline
                              C Offline
                              Commander
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #34

                              Go towards the bottom, they test a few of them… but I guess we test stuff and then say, I don’t believe the tests… probably don’t need to test then, ya that sounds right.

                              Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

                              S 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • C Offline
                                C Offline
                                Commander
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #35

                                So 1 year expired Hospira was with 1.7% of label claim of BA… so I guess on the very day if the expiration date, the BAC water goes from being fine to unusable…
                                That must be what they mean by 1 year expired Hospira was within 1.7% of label claim… (even though that is still within acceptable limits)
                                BAC water is not cinderella, it does not suddenly go bad when the clock strikes 12 on the expiration date.
                                But if you have any unopened BAC water that is within a year or two of expiration date, You can send it to me, I will gladly use it.

                                Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • C Offline
                                  C Offline
                                  Commander
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #36

                                  IMG_2265.png

                                  Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • C Commander

                                    Go towards the bottom, they test a few of them… but I guess we test stuff and then say, I don’t believe the tests… probably don’t need to test then, ya that sounds right.

                                    S Offline
                                    S Offline
                                    Stevepep
                                    wrote on last edited by Stevepep
                                    #37

                                    @Commander you say you don’t believe the tests that third parties do not me. I asked you answered no test for microplastics which I tried to explain to you is the issue when benzyl alcohol degrades in the plastic vial. Like I said it’s risk management for me I am not going to use an expired product years or even months after it expires and inject it into my body. It’s insane that I am even having a discussion on this issue.

                                    Like I said Anyone is free to do what they deem a risk worth taking. Just like those who aren’t going to test every Nexaph product they receive that had been tested by Nexaph and third parties both of which you said you don’t trust other than when it comes to Hospira that is

                                    The real question is why? You can just order what you need, use it and order more there is absolutely no need to add any risk. I don’t see it as saving money at best that deal saved you .40 yo .50 cents a reconstituted vial. It makes zero sense to me but if it makes sense to you that go for it I am not willing to take a completely unnecessary risk over 50 cents

                                    C 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • S Stevepep

                                      @Commander you say you don’t believe the tests that third parties do not me. I asked you answered no test for microplastics which I tried to explain to you is the issue when benzyl alcohol degrades in the plastic vial. Like I said it’s risk management for me I am not going to use an expired product years or even months after it expires and inject it into my body. It’s insane that I am even having a discussion on this issue.

                                      Like I said Anyone is free to do what they deem a risk worth taking. Just like those who aren’t going to test every Nexaph product they receive that had been tested by Nexaph and third parties both of which you said you don’t trust other than when it comes to Hospira that is

                                      The real question is why? You can just order what you need, use it and order more there is absolutely no need to add any risk. I don’t see it as saving money at best that deal saved you .40 yo .50 cents a reconstituted vial. It makes zero sense to me but if it makes sense to you that go for it I am not willing to take a completely unnecessary risk over 50 cents

                                      C Offline
                                      C Offline
                                      Commander
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #38

                                      @Stevepep
                                      Again twisting my words.. I love how people love to change what I say or only read half of it.
                                      I was VERY clear on what third party tests I don’t believe in - any third party test that a Vendor has ANYTHING to do with, to include paying. And third party tests where multiple people are sending stuff in. I will explain AGAIN why those test are no good…
                                      Third party test that the Vendor pays for… no good, Vendor influence. Jano has been caught already changing stuff for certain vendors… Additionally, vendors have interfered with these tests, they have wanted to “pick” who the “random” people were going to be sending in the samples- that isn’t random. This just happened within the last two months with Barn. In fact Barn’s own admin was booted because he had concerns with this, then Alex from Barn deleted all posts related to it… And if anyone doesn’t think this is fishy you deserve what you get. And what happened next, one test (that arm did not have anything to do with) came back on Barn’s Reta 30mg. Three separate samples two of those three samples came back at 5mg…
                                      Next third party tests where people are sending in from what they got. Problem with that I have already seen is these samples were most likely not from the same batch. Vials and caps were a hair different and the timeframe on the shipments were off by a few weeks. I saw this with LN Peptides. They sold so much Reta that they basically had a new batch every two weeks - BUT they didn’t use batch numbers and they used the same color caps for multiple batches (This was all confirmed by their main rep Cassie). So I don’t trust those tests at all.
                                      Tests I trust, completely independent from the Vendor.
                                      Best test parameters:
                                      All the samples came from one shipment of the product. One shipment, meaning all together. Example, group buys that are limited to a certain amount of product and are being shipped to one person. The Vendor can have nothing to do with the testing, to include paying. Even better is when a label is made for the product that doesn’t identify the Vendor. In that example, there is no way for the test lab to know who the vendor is and that means the vendor cannot influence the lab.. Does it still have some possible problems, yes, like maybe the Vendor sent stuff from two different batches and the random vials that were picked were picked from kits that were all from one batch and not the other. But that is the best we are going to get.
                                      Another third party testing I trust. I buy my own stuff, say 10 or 20 kits, I pick out two to three vials from what I received and send it in for testing with a label that doesn’t have the vendor’s name on it. It has the same flaws as the above example, but it is the best I can hope to get. It is also what I have been saying all along - test what you get.
                                      I also like test where the person has nothing to gain from doing the test. Like when Peptide Critic did the test on how fast Mots-C and Reta (I believe it was Reta and not Tirz) lost effectiveness both if cooled and if left out.
                                      But yep, there are still tons of people on other forums saying that information is no good, it isn’t that, it is this, trust me I know…
                                      Listen you can think what you want, but when you put this crap out there new people read it and think it is true. I don’t give a rats ass if you work in a business that uses BA (Hell the business I am in 95% of the people doing it are clueless). But your statements of “it bas an expiration date and it is no good past that” already show you don’t get it…. Stuff doesn’t go from being totally fine to no good at the strike of 12 on an expiration date. Anyone that believes that is an idiot and deserves to waste their money.
                                      You like to twist words to make them fit what you are saying. So don’t reply to anything I say anymore, I am tired of repeating myself on multiple threads on multiple subjects… for anyone that wants to believe this crap, go ahead. I test my stuff. I do participate in CERTAIN group buys with Group testing, if it is done right. I do believe in certain project tests if they were done right. Would I use 10 hear old bac no - even though that test said it was batter than most if the alternatives. Will I use the BAC that I bought this year for the next 4 years yes, unless the price drops and I can get fresh BAC for a lot lower price than $300 a case…
                                      But it doesn’t look like Hospira is going down in price for the next few years. I also don’t want to be caught without Hospira if they crack down on only selling it to doctors, hospitals and people with a prescription. It will be interesting to see what people start to do IF Hospira becomes unobtainable for a decent price in the next couple years….

                                      Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

                                      vpepsV 1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • S Offline
                                        S Offline
                                        Stevepep
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #39

                                        People don’t listen to this. Do your own research search if the rubber stopper degrades over time in Hospira Bac water. Search microplastics caused by degradation in Hospira Bac water. IMO someone is trying to justify hoarding cases of BAC unnecessarily. There is no reason to take this additional risk. Once again, just my opinion, buy what you need and use it within a reasonable amount of time not years after the expiration. Just testing for alcohol content doesn’t come close to telling the story. The reason why Hospira has an expiration date is they know this and it prevents litigation from people using something that degrades beyond that date.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • vpepsV Online
                                          vpepsV Online
                                          vpeps
                                          wrote on last edited by vpeps
                                          #40

                                          Why is all of this quarrel? BAC water is cheap and not inaccessible. $15-$30 for 30ml that is, what, +$1-+$2 to your vial price? Come on, don't hoard, throw it away lightheartedly even 6 months before the expiration date, it's just water. I can't imagine a situation when RUO peptides are still accessible but the BAC water is not.

                                          attentiion is all you need

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups