Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Peptide Discussion
  3. GLP-1 effects on dopamine
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

GLP-1 effects on dopamine

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Peptide Discussion
glp1-sglp2-tglp3-r
33 Posts 11 Posters 1.5k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • BeeKindB BeeKind

    @ResearchCat in this state of the world I'm not hopeful for the future so I'm good with not extending my lifespan too long. But while I'm here Id like to be as healthy as possible to have a better quality of life.

    E Offline
    E Offline
    Eleanor
    wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @BeeKind said:

    @ResearchCat in this state of the world I'm not hopeful for the future so I'm good with not extending my lifespan too long. But while I'm here Id like to be as healthy as possible to have a better quality of life.

    @beekind That's the idea! Thank you!

    @extropian I can't help but be amused when someone tells a 70+ year old to "enjoy the ride", as if I haven't lived to the fullest already. And "live it the best you can". What the heck fire do you think I'm doing?! NO offense meant; I just can't help but chuckle, so thanks for that.

    @EXTROPIAN said:

    These peptides are a blessing. I now in then still question. Why are these peptides all the sudden out at a time when most are metabolically unhealthy?

    Agree with that completely.

    Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

    EXTROPIANE 1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • E Eleanor

      @BeeKind said:

      @ResearchCat in this state of the world I'm not hopeful for the future so I'm good with not extending my lifespan too long. But while I'm here Id like to be as healthy as possible to have a better quality of life.

      @beekind That's the idea! Thank you!

      @extropian I can't help but be amused when someone tells a 70+ year old to "enjoy the ride", as if I haven't lived to the fullest already. And "live it the best you can". What the heck fire do you think I'm doing?! NO offense meant; I just can't help but chuckle, so thanks for that.

      @EXTROPIAN said:

      These peptides are a blessing. I now in then still question. Why are these peptides all the sudden out at a time when most are metabolically unhealthy?

      Agree with that completely.

      EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
      EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
      EXTROPIAN
      wrote on last edited by EXTROPIAN
      #25

      @Eleanor I am 55 and still on the roller coaster ride anticipating the next turn. Is wonder completely gone after 70? Ah man, I want off this ride! lol And a red head. Irish?

      2M

      E 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • EXTROPIANE EXTROPIAN

        @Eleanor I am 55 and still on the roller coaster ride anticipating the next turn. Is wonder completely gone after 70? Ah man, I want off this ride! lol And a red head. Irish?

        E Offline
        E Offline
        Eleanor
        wrote on last edited by
        #26

        @EXTROPIAN Slainte Bro!

        Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
          EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
          EXTROPIAN
          wrote on last edited by
          #27

          Cheers señorita!

          2M

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • BeeKindB BeeKind

            @ResearchCat in this state of the world I'm not hopeful for the future so I'm good with not extending my lifespan too long. But while I'm here Id like to be as healthy as possible to have a better quality of life.

            ResearchCatR Online
            ResearchCatR Online
            ResearchCat
            wrote on last edited by
            #28

            @BeeKind said:

            @ResearchCat in this state of the world I'm not hopeful for the future so I'm good with not extending my lifespan too long. But while I'm here Id like to be as healthy as possible to have a better quality of life.

            The future is going to be great. There will be some bumps and bruises, but if you rip the overlays of politics off, this is a great time to be alive - and the only one you get.

            There is a very common human frailty that we indulge that the time we live in is both worse than every other time, and more consequential than every other time. Right now, everyone thinks the 80’s and 90’s were the best. But it’s kind of like everyone who is done with boot camp tells you stories about how great it was. 😉

            From a secular perspective, we are in what is called a fourth turning, which is going to be rough no matter what the current batch of idiots is doing. But most of us will be alive for the upswing. (Basically, we are at the ‘weak men make hard times’ period of the cycle. It is an actual thing, as it turns out.)

            I was listening to David Sinclair this week and he was talking about how the first person who will live to be 150 is alive today. That’s amazing. Probably won’t be me.

            Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

            If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

            1 Reply Last reply
            2
            • ResearchCatR Online
              ResearchCatR Online
              ResearchCat
              wrote on last edited by
              #29

              Tl;DR version of the above.

              We can’t choose the times we live in; we can only choose what to do with the time we are given. - Gandalf

              Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

              If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

              BeeKindB 1 Reply Last reply
              2
              • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

                Tl;DR version of the above.

                We can’t choose the times we live in; we can only choose what to do with the time we are given. - Gandalf

                BeeKindB Online
                BeeKindB Online
                BeeKind
                wrote on last edited by
                #30

                @ResearchCat I'm still ok with not living to 150. Its not promised that it will get better and with technology, AI, data centers, politics, the economy, war, hatred and the lack of humanity in humans, I don't see how any of those things improve without a major catastrophic event. So 75-85 years is ok by me. Life is getting far too expensive. I'm one of those who will probably work until I die because I wasn't given the tools I needed to make good financial decisions early in life so working until 150 sounds AWFUL.

                Im still going to enjoy the life I have and do the best to make a better future for my child but I'm not chasing immortality.

                Just someone with a fridge full of research and a browser history that would concern my doctor.

                1 Reply Last reply
                3
                • kenhnsyK Online
                  kenhnsyK Online
                  kenhnsy
                  wrote last edited by
                  #31

                  Before Reta, the Beaver enthusiastically did 3 set lifting workouts, swam sets until time to go to work (which is swimming for a beaver).
                  Reta, slowly decayed to 2 sets, minimal swim sets.
                  After doing the high dose SS-31 protocol, down to one lifting set per workout and I am in no hurry to get the beaver to the gym on time.
                  But the beaver feels great. Resting energy is like in its 20s. No more of that viscous friction in the legs when climbing stairs. Dopamine patches help a little. But at what point does one cycle off of Reta to readjust the brain chemistry? Too tell the truth, the beaver is kind of Jonesing for another SS-31 cycle.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • MyBM Offline
                    MyBM Offline
                    MyB
                    wrote last edited by
                    #32

                    @kenhnsy due to the reduction in neurotransmitters there’s lots of things down river that can take place like vasoconstriction, nitric oxide uncoupling, and things related to antioxidant depletion. Up your antioxidants, polyphenols, and natural vasodilators. Do low dose and work up to not create a bottle neck which will crash your system and make symptoms worse.

                    Follows research backed science, not the gym bro’s.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    2
                    • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

                      I got an email from the VA recently saying that they are starting to open trials using GLP-1’s for alcohol and drug addiction, which means we will likely see a lot more on this in coming years. They are also starting to investigate psychedelics for TBI and PTSD.

                      Given the VA’s historical reputation, I see these as good both as a peptide researcher and as a veteran, since these are relatively cutting edge treatments.

                      T Offline
                      T Offline
                      thanks_enjoi
                      wrote last edited by
                      #33

                      It sucks that they only these tests at very limited VAs.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups