Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Community Meta & Off-Topic
  3. Off-Topic Lounge
  4. What's The Beef? No Country of Origin Label Will Make The Rich Richer
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

What's The Beef? No Country of Origin Label Will Make The Rich Richer

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off-Topic Lounge
13 Posts 5 Posters 444 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ResearchCatR Online
    ResearchCatR Online
    ResearchCat
    wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I don’t like to get into politics here, but economics are fair game. The cattle herds are at very low levels and it takes years to replenish them. Placing tariffs on countries to force them to export beef to us at cheaper rates is an interesting way to try to lower the cost of meat.

    The ranchers are not making as much money as you think, and unlike the pork situation a few years ago, there isn’t a surplus of cattle where they are slaughtering them and dumping the meat into foreign markets.

    Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

    If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

    E 1 Reply Last reply
    3
    • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

      I don’t like to get into politics here, but economics are fair game. The cattle herds are at very low levels and it takes years to replenish them. Placing tariffs on countries to force them to export beef to us at cheaper rates is an interesting way to try to lower the cost of meat.

      The ranchers are not making as much money as you think, and unlike the pork situation a few years ago, there isn’t a surplus of cattle where they are slaughtering them and dumping the meat into foreign markets.

      E Online
      E Online
      Eleanor
      wrote on last edited by
      #5

      @ResearchCat The Native Texan that I am and having lots of friends in Nebraska, this mess has been tried before. Biggest problem is when not only when govt is working against you, but the weather as well, in addition to what you named re: replenishment of the herds.

      Another possibility is that govt wants much lower prices on beef so they can buy it for military; pretty much confiscation prices, like eggs, chickens, etc. They've obviously got to feed lots of people. I think this includes the immigrant work crews ICE is taking from my neighborhood and others, most likely to build out porting/transportation infrastructure on California coast.

      Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

      S ResearchCatR quicksilver80Q 3 Replies Last reply
      0
      • E Eleanor

        @ResearchCat The Native Texan that I am and having lots of friends in Nebraska, this mess has been tried before. Biggest problem is when not only when govt is working against you, but the weather as well, in addition to what you named re: replenishment of the herds.

        Another possibility is that govt wants much lower prices on beef so they can buy it for military; pretty much confiscation prices, like eggs, chickens, etc. They've obviously got to feed lots of people. I think this includes the immigrant work crews ICE is taking from my neighborhood and others, most likely to build out porting/transportation infrastructure on California coast.

        S Offline
        S Offline
        Stevepep
        wrote on last edited by Stevepep
        #6

        @Eleanor Jesus you must be a fun date.lol

        E 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • S Stevepep

          @Eleanor Jesus you must be a fun date.lol

          E Online
          E Online
          Eleanor
          wrote on last edited by
          #7

          @Stevepep Don't start something here, Steve. It's not necessary and my msgs. are posted where they should be.

          Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

          S 1 Reply Last reply
          -1
          • E Eleanor

            @Stevepep Don't start something here, Steve. It's not necessary and my msgs. are posted where they should be.

            S Offline
            S Offline
            Stevepep
            wrote on last edited by Stevepep
            #8

            @Eleanor it was just a joke. It seems everyday is a new conspiracy and nothing really changes they get forgotten and move on to the next one. I also don’t follow this stuff closely I try to focus on things I can impact

            Mydogdaryl423M 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • E Eleanor

              @ResearchCat The Native Texan that I am and having lots of friends in Nebraska, this mess has been tried before. Biggest problem is when not only when govt is working against you, but the weather as well, in addition to what you named re: replenishment of the herds.

              Another possibility is that govt wants much lower prices on beef so they can buy it for military; pretty much confiscation prices, like eggs, chickens, etc. They've obviously got to feed lots of people. I think this includes the immigrant work crews ICE is taking from my neighborhood and others, most likely to build out porting/transportation infrastructure on California coast.

              ResearchCatR Online
              ResearchCatR Online
              ResearchCat
              wrote on last edited by
              #9

              @Eleanor Yeah, I didn’t want to go too long, but the years long droughts on grazing land haven’t helped either.

              As far as the why, mid-terms are coming.

              Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

              If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • S Stevepep

                @Eleanor it was just a joke. It seems everyday is a new conspiracy and nothing really changes they get forgotten and move on to the next one. I also don’t follow this stuff closely I try to focus on things I can impact

                Mydogdaryl423M Offline
                Mydogdaryl423M Offline
                Mydogdaryl423
                wrote on last edited by Mydogdaryl423
                #10

                @Stevepep said:

                @Eleanor it was just a joke. It seems everyday is a new conspiracy and nothing really changes they get forgotten and move on to the next one. I also don’t follow this stuff closely I try to focus on things I can impact

                Same here. Could only imagine what my life would be like if this was my daily focus.

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • E Eleanor

                  @ResearchCat The Native Texan that I am and having lots of friends in Nebraska, this mess has been tried before. Biggest problem is when not only when govt is working against you, but the weather as well, in addition to what you named re: replenishment of the herds.

                  Another possibility is that govt wants much lower prices on beef so they can buy it for military; pretty much confiscation prices, like eggs, chickens, etc. They've obviously got to feed lots of people. I think this includes the immigrant work crews ICE is taking from my neighborhood and others, most likely to build out porting/transportation infrastructure on California coast.

                  quicksilver80Q Offline
                  quicksilver80Q Offline
                  quicksilver80
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #11

                  @Eleanor i seem to remember something happened during the depression like this. Same idea different setup.

                  E 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • quicksilver80Q quicksilver80

                    @Eleanor i seem to remember something happened during the depression like this. Same idea different setup.

                    E Online
                    E Online
                    Eleanor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #12

                    @quicksilver80 Something like that. Seems to me we might have some major inflation first; with a $40T debt, not surprising. It happens before major military conflicts as well and we also have to feed the immigrants who're going to build out the new infrastructure, esp. the porting system; The U.S.'s own North American Belt and Road Initiative.

                    Although not beef related, know that Medicare Plan B payment will be increasing; a "surcharge" that's permanent and based on your 2024 earnings/tax return, unless you file with Medicare.gov for release. The annual letter telling you that you're getting a raise has this attached to it, or could be a separate letter. If you sold a home, or stocks, or anything that raised your income high enough in 2024, look out, it could cost you hundreds per month/thousands per year.

                    But what do I know. I'm just an old lady, allegedly spreading fear. Good luck, Folks.

                    Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • E Online
                      E Online
                      Eleanor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #13

                      Hmm. Florida and Texas
                      https://youtu.be/zciJ8uKwRvg?si=pnIYbvVhpolCCKnb

                      Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups