Opinions Wanted - Sermorelin to CJC-1295 (no dac) Transition
-
I've been researching Sermorelin for about 3 months and I can't say that I've noticed much difference. The primary research focus of Sermorelin was sleep with body recompositing as secondary. The last injection was this past Thursday. I would like to switch to CJC-1295 (no dac) + Ipamorelin (I have them separate and have never researched either) but I'm concerned about receptor desensitization. Would a break in between Sermorelin and CJC be needed or beneficial? Below are the options I'm considering. Which would you do?
A - Roll right into CJC-1295 + Ipamorelin
B - Start Ipamorelin but wait at least 4 weeks before starting CJC-1295
C - Wait at least 4 weeks and then start CJC-1295 + Ipamorelin at the same time. -
A + 7 chars
-
A + 7 chars
@researchcat
"+7 chars"?? -
I'd go with Option A—Sermorelin has a super short half-life so receptor desensitization isn't really an issue, and CJC + Ipamorelin work best taken together anyway.
-
@nuncles What was your current protocol? 7 days or 5 on 2 off?
-
@nuncles posts have to be 8 characters long. I was being a smartass.
I have gone right from sermorelin to CJC/Ipa and I have gone directly from Tesa to CJC/Ipa and it seemed to be fine both times. The problem for many researchers is that sermorelin and tesa are both ‘gentler’ peptides, meaning you have to research them for several months to achieve the benefits, where CJC/Ipa often show results in a month or so. That has certainly been the case for me.
WRT 5/2 vs 7 days, I stopped doing 5/2 a while ago. I might do it for my bride because she won’t use pens and gets needle fatigue, but I think many people have gotten away from the 5/2. I haven’t seen any evidence that 2 days off is going to reset your receptors in any meaningful way. The only real reason I know of for 5/2 is to take the weekend off.
For me, I just take a month off every 4-5 months and then start it all up again, or sometimes I keep going.
-
@nuncles What was your current protocol? 7 days or 5 on 2 off?
-
@nuncles not saying this with any kind of educated information. I would think chance of receptor burnout is low. Even so, I always want to get the most out of my protocol. If it was me I would wait 2 weeks then start both. Hedge my bet.
-
Option C
Start low. 150/150mcg total. 1 dose a day. No calories 3 hours prior/2 hours after.
I've experimented with pinning first thing a.m. and last thing before bed. Try both and see which one you prefer. There are pros and cons to each, best method is whichever one works best for you.
I'd start with a.m. first week or two if possible just to see how stimulating it is/get your body used to it. See how that goes. You can then switch over to nighttime for a couple weeks and see how that goes. Then pick a method you like.
I am not a fan of 5/2 cycles. Every day your peptide exists reconstituted, it loses potency. No reason to ever have it sitting around unused. Run that bottle dry.
2 days is nowhere near enough time to reset receptors/prevent desensitization/prevent antibody buildup regardless. You need a minimum of 30 days for that.
Run your cycle 30 - 90 days on/30 days off
-
I watched this before I started. If you have them individually and not a blend I think I remember info in here on running one at more of dose than the other after introduction.
-
@mydogdaryl423 thanks. I will give it a watch.
-
I watched this before I started. If you have them individually and not a blend I think I remember info in here on running one at more of dose than the other after introduction.
@Mydogdaryl423 I like Hunter Williams' masterclasses. He's one of the few or the only one who has proper timestamps, clear structure, and clear dosing and titration info.
Worse are those docs like Huberman, just chat chat chat — 2 hr long chat and the audience is still scrambling to find actionable info.
-
@pep_researcher I agree. I like some of the short form for entertainment but like this format for a more detailed deep dive. I like Huberman but getting harder for me to stay engaged with his content these days.
-
@pep_researcher I agree. I like some of the short form for entertainment but like this format for a more detailed deep dive. I like Huberman but getting harder for me to stay engaged with his content these days.
Huberman
I just don't have patience to watch a 2 hr long podcast with scientific references that don't add much value than just make Huby look scientific and intelligent. He has started releasing shorts though. Probably realized his audience fatigue with information overload.
-
I hadn't seen anything by Hunter Williams before. I look forward to checking it out. I will admit that I don't have the patience to sit through an hour or two of this stuff. I often find they ramble. I usually try and find stuff under 20 minutes to hit the key points. Even at 2x speed those shorter ones can test my patience.
-
I thought there were going to be more opinions. All good. I was leaning towards a break and now after hearing the feedback, I will take the middle ground and break for a week before starting both at the same time (not combined). I appreciate everyone's feedback.
-
Yeah, it isn’t as complicated or as controversial as people creating content want you to think it is. No matter what you do, it is going to be fine. It’s all research and figuring out what works best for you.
-
@researchcat I believe you are right. Lately, when I start getting towards the end of my protocols, I begin quickly increasing the dosage just to see how I react to it and use up the last of the reconned.
This may sound like a stupid question but here goes. Hope it makes sense. I read everywhere about starting low and titrating up to see the reactions. I get it. But what do most people when they are ready for their next protocol (of the same peptide). Do you start the low dose again and titrate up, or just start directly at the ending dosage amount of the previous protocol?
-
Huberman
I just don't have patience to watch a 2 hr long podcast with scientific references that don't add much value than just make Huby look scientific and intelligent. He has started releasing shorts though. Probably realized his audience fatigue with information overload.
@pep_researcher I cheat by feeding the link to AI and ask for a summary and if there’s something I want to go deeper on, I ask for the time stamp so I can watch that segment. It’s worked pretty well for me…
-
@nuncles That is a great question! Once I have experience with a given peptide, or set of peptides, I will usually start at the target dose. Exceptions might be MOTS-C or other peps that can cause histamine reactions. If it is going well, I may accelerate dose increases.
When I recommend starting low and titrating up, it’s usually for new folks starting out who are very enthusiastic and want to start pinning half a dozen peps at once but don’t really know how they will respond to any of them. Even though they are generally safe, everyone is different, reactions occur, mistakes are made, etc.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login