Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Peptide Discussion
  3. CAGRI + RETA — New Nature Metabolism Study 🧬
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

CAGRI + RETA — New Nature Metabolism Study 🧬

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Peptide Discussion
26 Posts 11 Posters 773 Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • J Offline
    J Offline
    Juliano546
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    This one is worth a read. A new 2026 Nature Metabolism study looked specifically at cagrilintide + retatrutide and found some interesting synergy beyond what you might expect from simply stacking appetite suppression.

    Study setup:
    Obese male rats were given Cagri, Reta, or the combination. The researchers also compared Cagri + Reta against Cagri + semaglutide and Cagri + tirzepatide.

    Core protocol:
    • Cagri: 5 nmol/kg/day
    • Reta: 5 nmol/kg/day
    • Subcutaneous administration
    • Approximately 2 weeks depending on the experiment
    • Additional dose-response testing from 0.3–30 nmol/kg

    Results:
    Cagri + Reta produced greater reductions in body weight and food intake than either compound alone at matched molar doses.

    But the pair-fed experiment is what really caught my attention.

    Researchers included animals restricted to the same food intake as the Cagri + Reta group, along with calorie-restricted animals used to separate the effects of reduced intake and weight loss from the pharmacology itself.

    The combination still produced metabolic and molecular changes that weren't completely explained by eating less.

    That's interesting because Cagri often gets viewed simply as an additional appetite suppressant alongside Reta.

    Mechanistically, you're combining:

    Reta → GLP-1 + GIP + glucagon receptor activity
    Cagri → amylin-receptor activity

    Together, researchers observed changes involving central energy-balance pathways and peripheral bioenergetic/metabolic pathways, along with improvements in markers including insulin, triglycerides and total cholesterol.

    The study also found the Cagri + Reta combination produced stronger weight-loss effects than the Cagri + semaglutide and Cagri + tirzepatide combinations tested.

    Big takeaway for me:
    Cagri + Reta may be considerably more interesting than simply “Reta with extra appetite suppression.” The pair-fed data suggest complementary metabolic effects that extend beyond calorie reduction alone.

    Study: Cagrilintide and retatrutide combination therapy enhances weight loss and metabolic outcomes in obese male rats — Nature Metabolism, 2026.

    That pair-fed experiment is the part I'd really like to hear everyone's thoughts on. As well as the possibility of using it alongside reta to achieve results quicker and with more price efficiency.

    had ChatGPT summarize this.

    Why I had chat summarize: #1 being time of course... as well as having just purchased Cag to stack in with reta. In my endeavours I experienced a run in with a fellow researcher claiming adding cag and lowering reta was a profoundly stupid idea. 2 days later this study is dropped and proves that it may indeed be worth researching as it has not only showed greater results when combined it also will help to limit my expenditures on Reta.

    J 1 Reply Last reply
    3
    • J Juliano546

      This one is worth a read. A new 2026 Nature Metabolism study looked specifically at cagrilintide + retatrutide and found some interesting synergy beyond what you might expect from simply stacking appetite suppression.

      Study setup:
      Obese male rats were given Cagri, Reta, or the combination. The researchers also compared Cagri + Reta against Cagri + semaglutide and Cagri + tirzepatide.

      Core protocol:
      • Cagri: 5 nmol/kg/day
      • Reta: 5 nmol/kg/day
      • Subcutaneous administration
      • Approximately 2 weeks depending on the experiment
      • Additional dose-response testing from 0.3–30 nmol/kg

      Results:
      Cagri + Reta produced greater reductions in body weight and food intake than either compound alone at matched molar doses.

      But the pair-fed experiment is what really caught my attention.

      Researchers included animals restricted to the same food intake as the Cagri + Reta group, along with calorie-restricted animals used to separate the effects of reduced intake and weight loss from the pharmacology itself.

      The combination still produced metabolic and molecular changes that weren't completely explained by eating less.

      That's interesting because Cagri often gets viewed simply as an additional appetite suppressant alongside Reta.

      Mechanistically, you're combining:

      Reta → GLP-1 + GIP + glucagon receptor activity
      Cagri → amylin-receptor activity

      Together, researchers observed changes involving central energy-balance pathways and peripheral bioenergetic/metabolic pathways, along with improvements in markers including insulin, triglycerides and total cholesterol.

      The study also found the Cagri + Reta combination produced stronger weight-loss effects than the Cagri + semaglutide and Cagri + tirzepatide combinations tested.

      Big takeaway for me:
      Cagri + Reta may be considerably more interesting than simply “Reta with extra appetite suppression.” The pair-fed data suggest complementary metabolic effects that extend beyond calorie reduction alone.

      Study: Cagrilintide and retatrutide combination therapy enhances weight loss and metabolic outcomes in obese male rats — Nature Metabolism, 2026.

      That pair-fed experiment is the part I'd really like to hear everyone's thoughts on. As well as the possibility of using it alongside reta to achieve results quicker and with more price efficiency.

      had ChatGPT summarize this.

      Why I had chat summarize: #1 being time of course... as well as having just purchased Cag to stack in with reta. In my endeavours I experienced a run in with a fellow researcher claiming adding cag and lowering reta was a profoundly stupid idea. 2 days later this study is dropped and proves that it may indeed be worth researching as it has not only showed greater results when combined it also will help to limit my expenditures on Reta.

      J Offline
      J Offline
      jdot
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      @Juliano546 I'm also interested in what I've been seeing on this combo, but hadn't read up on Cagri enough to form an opinion.

      How will you be modifying your research?

      J 1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • J jdot

        @Juliano546 I'm also interested in what I've been seeing on this combo, but hadn't read up on Cagri enough to form an opinion.

        How will you be modifying your research?

        J Offline
        J Offline
        Juliano546
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        @jdot

        My subject was running 6mg Reta every Friday, but I dropped that to 4mg this past Friday in preparation for adding Cagri.

        The plan is Reta Friday, Cagri Tuesday, starting Cagri tomorrow at 0.25mg/250mcg. From what I've gathered, this combination can hit pretty hard for some, so I'd rather lower the Reta and see how the subject responds before changing anything else.

        Main theory: potentially get greater results with less Reta, lower overall cost, and explore the complementary pathways.

        Plus… 5 receptors gotta be better than 3, right? 😁 That's mostly a joke, but that's what makes the combination so interesting.

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • M Offline
          M Offline
          meatsmoke
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          Interesting! I've had the same inclination for my subject's research since that study came out. Currently trying to find a reliable source for Cagri, any tips?

          J mmpM 2 Replies Last reply
          1
          • Mydogdaryl423M Offline
            Mydogdaryl423M Offline
            Mydogdaryl423
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            @meatsmoke Haven't looked into getting it myself but I always check this before buying.

            https://peptidecritic.com/peptide-price-index

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • BeeKindB Online
              BeeKindB Online
              BeeKind
              wrote last edited by
              #6

              Im interested in this combo as well and will be following hoping to see others share their research. Ive been sitting on a vial of cag for 4 months now to add to my reta but I haven't had a reason to yet.

              Just someone with a fridge full of research and a browser history that would concern my doctor.

              J 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • M meatsmoke

                Interesting! I've had the same inclination for my subject's research since that study came out. Currently trying to find a reliable source for Cagri, any tips?

                J Offline
                J Offline
                Juliano546
                wrote last edited by
                #7

                @meatsmoke I 2nd @mydogdaryl423 suggestion to get an idea of who may have the best pricing available. This is how I found my go to RUO provider. Do keep in mind when shopping some of these places have their own discount codes that can stack with peptidecritic codes as well to get the cost even lower. Happy hunting 😁

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • BeeKindB BeeKind

                  Im interested in this combo as well and will be following hoping to see others share their research. Ive been sitting on a vial of cag for 4 months now to add to my reta but I haven't had a reason to yet.

                  J Offline
                  J Offline
                  Juliano546
                  wrote last edited by
                  #8

                  @BeeKind I hear you I pulled the trigger then came across fellow researchers that said their test subject(s) suffered some severe side effects. Not wanting to eat for the week and another couldn't keep things down. So I have also just held onto it till this studies release. I will definitely be returning with my research findings over the next few days as we take our first dive tomorrow, wish us luck!!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • D Offline
                    D Offline
                    denti
                    wrote last edited by
                    #9

                    Nexaph for best pricing on Cagri. 5mg and 10mg available.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • M meatsmoke

                      Interesting! I've had the same inclination for my subject's research since that study came out. Currently trying to find a reliable source for Cagri, any tips?

                      mmpM Online
                      mmpM Online
                      mmp
                      wrote last edited by
                      #10

                      @meatsmoke crushresearch and studzpeptides have the best price for singles now ~$40 10mg

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • hunt_akH Offline
                        hunt_akH Offline
                        hunt_ak
                        wrote last edited by
                        #11

                        I wonder if Reta+Eloralintide (Loretta) would have the same 1+1=3 effect as Reta+Cag in this example?

                        J M 2 Replies Last reply
                        0
                        • hunt_akH hunt_ak

                          I wonder if Reta+Eloralintide (Loretta) would have the same 1+1=3 effect as Reta+Cag in this example?

                          J Offline
                          J Offline
                          Juliano546
                          wrote last edited by
                          #12

                          @hunt_ak 😂 I’ve heard of Loretta Jones, but I know her cousin Klorreta Jones a little better — she’s been lovely to me.

                          Jokes aside, I’d be curious about this too. Eloralintide and Cag hit the amylin pathway differently, so I wouldn’t automatically assume Reta + Eloralintide gives the exact same “1+1=3” effect as Reta + Cag. Definitely an interesting combo to watch as more data comes out. Definitely wouldnt be the least surprised if its study in similar settings very soon.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          1
                          • J Offline
                            J Offline
                            Juliano546
                            wrote last edited by
                            #13

                            Cagrilintide was introduced to the test subject prior to nighttime rest. So far, it appears to have been handled pretty well. A little heartburn, but we also had to make some questionable nutritional decisions after our kid had a soccer game 2 hours away... Wendy’s 😬😂 So I’m not ready to blame Cag for that one.

                            Outside of that, I haven’t experienced anything substantial on the negative side-effect front. Interestingly, while laying down watching TV, I felt a warm/tingling sensation move toward my stomach, almost like the satiety properties were taking effect pretty quickly.

                            I started extremely low at 0.1333 mg (133 mcg) because I can be fairly sensitive, and if things went sideways I didn’t want my test subject riding it out feeling like crap for a few days 😂.

                            I’ll track food intake, appetite/satiety, and any nausea or other side effects for the next few days and continue posting the research here. Depending on the response, I’ll adjust from there.

                            BeeKindB 1 Reply Last reply
                            2
                            • hunt_akH hunt_ak

                              I wonder if Reta+Eloralintide (Loretta) would have the same 1+1=3 effect as Reta+Cag in this example?

                              M Online
                              M Online
                              MikeMiranda
                              wrote last edited by MikeMiranda
                              #14

                              @hunt_ak said:

                              I wonder if Reta+Eloralintide (Loretta) would have the same 1+1=3 effect as Reta+Cag in this example?

                              i feel like i should get kit of this just for the purpose of having one since it’s a pretty good deal on Tegridy Gb

                              J R 2 Replies Last reply
                              2
                              • M MikeMiranda

                                @hunt_ak said:

                                I wonder if Reta+Eloralintide (Loretta) would have the same 1+1=3 effect as Reta+Cag in this example?

                                i feel like i should get kit of this just for the purpose of having one since it’s a pretty good deal on Tegridy Gb

                                J Offline
                                J Offline
                                Juliano546
                                wrote last edited by
                                #15

                                @MikeMiranda Wouldnt be a bad call at all my friend. Especially if it continues to prove itself helpful. 1 kit should last a lifetime. Solo Cag protocols ive seen max at 3mg personally think that is insane. Suggestions by fellow researchers has been .25mg (250mcg). I'm sure just like anything in time a bit more will be needed. So far feeling pretty confident in my decision.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • J Juliano546

                                  Cagrilintide was introduced to the test subject prior to nighttime rest. So far, it appears to have been handled pretty well. A little heartburn, but we also had to make some questionable nutritional decisions after our kid had a soccer game 2 hours away... Wendy’s 😬😂 So I’m not ready to blame Cag for that one.

                                  Outside of that, I haven’t experienced anything substantial on the negative side-effect front. Interestingly, while laying down watching TV, I felt a warm/tingling sensation move toward my stomach, almost like the satiety properties were taking effect pretty quickly.

                                  I started extremely low at 0.1333 mg (133 mcg) because I can be fairly sensitive, and if things went sideways I didn’t want my test subject riding it out feeling like crap for a few days 😂.

                                  I’ll track food intake, appetite/satiety, and any nausea or other side effects for the next few days and continue posting the research here. Depending on the response, I’ll adjust from there.

                                  BeeKindB Online
                                  BeeKindB Online
                                  BeeKind
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @Juliano546 how's the research going?

                                  Just someone with a fridge full of research and a browser history that would concern my doctor.

                                  J 1 Reply Last reply
                                  1
                                  • M MikeMiranda

                                    @hunt_ak said:

                                    I wonder if Reta+Eloralintide (Loretta) would have the same 1+1=3 effect as Reta+Cag in this example?

                                    i feel like i should get kit of this just for the purpose of having one since it’s a pretty good deal on Tegridy Gb

                                    R Offline
                                    R Offline
                                    Reactive3078
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @MikeMiranda are you going for the Loretta blend or the elora kits? I want to hoard elora and not sure if I should just get Loretta instead.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • M Online
                                      M Online
                                      MikeMiranda
                                      wrote last edited by MikeMiranda
                                      #18

                                      Prolly Loretta

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • R Offline
                                        R Offline
                                        randallchampion
                                        wrote last edited by
                                        #19

                                        I'm about to take this path, but I haven't confirmed what my initial dose will be. I'm at 6mg/week on the Reta currently. I think I'll dip my toes in by adding 250mcg of the Cagri.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        1
                                        • R Offline
                                          R Offline
                                          randallchampion
                                          wrote last edited by
                                          #20

                                          I wonder how many people have misjudged ratios on these combos (Loretta, Reta/Cagri). The dosing for the Elora is comparable to that of Tirz and Reta. The dosing for Cagri is similar to that of Semaglutide. I can see inadvertently adding .25mg of Elora or 2.5mg of Cagri pretty easily and not seeing the results you expect. The former not having much of an effect, but the latter probably really getting your attention.

                                          J 1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups