Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Results & Lifestyle
  3. Cagri + Survo = Constipation GONE!
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Cagri + Survo = Constipation GONE!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Results & Lifestyle
19 Posts 7 Posters 278 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • E Online
    E Online
    Eleanor
    wrote last edited by Eleanor
    #1

    My hunch and semesters of Organic Chemistry paid off. I took the GIP out of the equation and the constipation is gone! No powdered muck, softeners, etc. (I figured most of you knew about this GIP problem already.) If you had normal movement before, you'll have it again. It takes about 2 weeks or so for the GIP to leave your system and the gut to relax into normal peristalsis and it's so worth it!

    I've lost the vast majority of weight I needed to lose; the rest will be slower anyway and it's more than a fair trade-off for 30 minutes on the porcelain and an asshole that's sore, cracked and bleeding at times. The constipation caused more fatigue than I thought, therefore, more natural energy is returning. Anxiety also accompanied all this, whether conscious of it or not. Just a general feeling of relief followed this battle.

    I realize there are many of you who don't mind taking the usual meds for this issue but please consider that there's a high likelihood you will be harmed by continued constipation; whether with polyps or worse. I'm speaking from experience.

    For those of you who've reached a point where you don't want to fight it anymore, a combo of Cagri (on Fri night) & Survo (on Tues night) might help you and I take near starter doses of each. I can't swear for every individual on this forum, butt, it might be worth a try.

    For the record, I do use other peps: NAD+buf & MOTS-C both in AM and KPV before bed.

    Wishing Y'all great Holiday sales!

    Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

    mrjoshua44M 1 Reply Last reply
    6
    • D Offline
      D Offline
      derekg1
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      Going to give this a try. I've hit my happy weight and am sick of fighting the slow gastric stuff.

      E 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • D derekg1

        Going to give this a try. I've hit my happy weight and am sick of fighting the slow gastric stuff.

        E Online
        E Online
        Eleanor
        wrote last edited by Eleanor
        #3

        @derekg1 said:

        Going to give this a try. I've hit my happy weight and am sick of fighting the slow gastric stuff.

        I wish you the very best. It's just terrible to deal with. Give it at least 2 weeks; it'll start back rather suddenly so don't be surprised. Let us know how this works for you.

        Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Snake PepskinS Offline
          Snake PepskinS Offline
          Snake Pepskin
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          Glad to hear that @eleanor, this is my direction as well when I get a bit closer to my goal. What dosage are you researching on each?

          β€œKnowledge is the ultimate power.
          It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

          E 1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • Snake PepskinS Snake Pepskin

            Glad to hear that @eleanor, this is my direction as well when I get a bit closer to my goal. What dosage are you researching on each?

            E Online
            E Online
            Eleanor
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            @Snake-Pepskin said:

            Glad to hear that @eleanor, this is my direction as well when I get a bit closer to my goal. What dosage are you researching on each?

            On Cagri, depending upon how I feel, it's 0.25 to 0.50.
            On Survo, which I've been researching longer, it's about 1mg. Both levels holding well at this time.

            Keep in mind I started at 0.25 Cagri as I was backing off Tirz real hard.

            Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

            pep_researcherP 1 Reply Last reply
            2
            • ResearchCatR Online
              ResearchCatR Online
              ResearchCat
              wrote last edited by
              #6

              I’m very glad you found something that works. I take a mix of Metamucil, MiraLAX, and creatine every morning, and that has largely solved my GI problems. They don’t properly warn you about how much of an issue this can become.

              Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

              If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

              E 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • Stan DouglasS Offline
                Stan DouglasS Offline
                Stan Douglas
                wrote last edited by
                #7

                I find coffee and vitamin C gets the pipes flow'n.

                pep_researcherP 1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

                  I’m very glad you found something that works. I take a mix of Metamucil, MiraLAX, and creatine every morning, and that has largely solved my GI problems. They don’t properly warn you about how much of an issue this can become.

                  E Online
                  E Online
                  Eleanor
                  wrote last edited by
                  #8

                  @ResearchCat said:

                  They don’t properly warn you about how much of an issue this can become.

                  No, they don't. Just FYI what my Doc told me, all the chemicals in the bowel remedies you take are possibly causing punctures in the bowel walls in a type of chemo-celiac disorder. The older you are when you take them consistently, the more likely this will occur. She says she's heard this on a regular basis from her GI compadres as well and I don't doubt her. Most people who've had Lyme have Celiac and battle constipation. When they battle it with the OTC and other remedies on a daily basis, it tends to make the perforations worse, hence, a case of the runs that destroys the lining further and takes electrolytes with it. Occasional use is relatively okay; daily use can be detrimental to the gut. Make of this what you will.

                  @stan-douglas That must be a lot of coffee and C! I take a lot of C but can't manage much coffee.

                  Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • E Eleanor

                    @Snake-Pepskin said:

                    Glad to hear that @eleanor, this is my direction as well when I get a bit closer to my goal. What dosage are you researching on each?

                    On Cagri, depending upon how I feel, it's 0.25 to 0.50.
                    On Survo, which I've been researching longer, it's about 1mg. Both levels holding well at this time.

                    Keep in mind I started at 0.25 Cagri as I was backing off Tirz real hard.

                    pep_researcherP Offline
                    pep_researcherP Offline
                    pep_researcher
                    wrote last edited by
                    #9

                    @Eleanor Do you do both on the same day since their pathways are different?

                    E 1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • pep_researcherP Offline
                      pep_researcherP Offline
                      pep_researcher
                      wrote last edited by
                      #10

                      Black coffee with salt, πŸ€ has not had much constipation issue in 9+ months, πŸ€ tried Tirz, Cag, Survo, Reta. Currently on mid dose Reta.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Stan DouglasS Stan Douglas

                        I find coffee and vitamin C gets the pipes flow'n.

                        pep_researcherP Offline
                        pep_researcherP Offline
                        pep_researcher
                        wrote last edited by
                        #11

                        @Stan-Douglas Add some salt to the coffee. Salt really gets it out. GLPs are dehydratibg.

                        Stan DouglasS 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • pep_researcherP pep_researcher

                          @Eleanor Do you do both on the same day since their pathways are different?

                          E Online
                          E Online
                          Eleanor
                          wrote last edited by Eleanor
                          #12

                          @pep_researcher said:

                          @Eleanor Do you do both on the same day since their pathways are different?

                          I take Survo Tuesday night and Cagri Friday night. I take small amounts of each and doing well. Keeping in mind I don't lift heavy weights or go to the extent of workouts that some of you do.

                          If coffee, salt, etc. clear you out, be grateful! For those of us who are more sensitive and/or can't manage much coffee or salt, etc., it's a nightmare. Why not just switch pep combo instead...and it worked.

                          The only other thing I would add is a liquid concentrate called Re-Mag. Really good stuff! Never mind capsules, pills, etc., this one saturates all your tissues. I haven't mixed up any in a couple of weeks and really should but want my gut to settle down first.

                          Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          1
                          • pep_researcherP pep_researcher

                            @Stan-Douglas Add some salt to the coffee. Salt really gets it out. GLPs are dehydratibg.

                            Stan DouglasS Offline
                            Stan DouglasS Offline
                            Stan Douglas
                            wrote last edited by
                            #13

                            @pep_researcher said:

                            Add some salt to the coffee. Salt really gets it out. GLPs are dehydratibg

                            Salt to coffee to avoid dehydration?
                            I don't advice anyone go this route.

                            I drink my coffee over ice, nothing else, black coffee and ice, IT'S GOOD!
                            And that is after drinking 16 ounces of water first thing when waking.
                            The ice rehydrates from the coffee, the coffee acts as a diuretic AND pre-workout.

                            pep_researcherP 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • E Eleanor

                              My hunch and semesters of Organic Chemistry paid off. I took the GIP out of the equation and the constipation is gone! No powdered muck, softeners, etc. (I figured most of you knew about this GIP problem already.) If you had normal movement before, you'll have it again. It takes about 2 weeks or so for the GIP to leave your system and the gut to relax into normal peristalsis and it's so worth it!

                              I've lost the vast majority of weight I needed to lose; the rest will be slower anyway and it's more than a fair trade-off for 30 minutes on the porcelain and an asshole that's sore, cracked and bleeding at times. The constipation caused more fatigue than I thought, therefore, more natural energy is returning. Anxiety also accompanied all this, whether conscious of it or not. Just a general feeling of relief followed this battle.

                              I realize there are many of you who don't mind taking the usual meds for this issue but please consider that there's a high likelihood you will be harmed by continued constipation; whether with polyps or worse. I'm speaking from experience.

                              For those of you who've reached a point where you don't want to fight it anymore, a combo of Cagri (on Fri night) & Survo (on Tues night) might help you and I take near starter doses of each. I can't swear for every individual on this forum, butt, it might be worth a try.

                              For the record, I do use other peps: NAD+buf & MOTS-C both in AM and KPV before bed.

                              Wishing Y'all great Holiday sales!

                              mrjoshua44M Offline
                              mrjoshua44M Offline
                              mrjoshua44
                              wrote last edited by
                              #14

                              @Eleanor I feel lucky to have not had any gastric issues while taking Tirzepatide + Survo. The only side effects I have had is dehydration, so I drink a ton of water every day.

                              E 1 Reply Last reply
                              1
                              • Stan DouglasS Stan Douglas

                                @pep_researcher said:

                                Add some salt to the coffee. Salt really gets it out. GLPs are dehydratibg

                                Salt to coffee to avoid dehydration?
                                I don't advice anyone go this route.

                                I drink my coffee over ice, nothing else, black coffee and ice, IT'S GOOD!
                                And that is after drinking 16 ounces of water first thing when waking.
                                The ice rehydrates from the coffee, the coffee acts as a diuretic AND pre-workout.

                                pep_researcherP Offline
                                pep_researcherP Offline
                                pep_researcher
                                wrote last edited by
                                #15

                                @Stan-Douglas hehe it sounds gross but it actually tastes fine. Salt leaves a sweetish aftertaste.

                                This is actually a popular laxative trick in purist fasting community. I was a long faster before I was advised to not do that due to my unique metabolic issues.

                                Stan DouglasS 1 Reply Last reply
                                1
                                • mrjoshua44M mrjoshua44

                                  @Eleanor I feel lucky to have not had any gastric issues while taking Tirzepatide + Survo. The only side effects I have had is dehydration, so I drink a ton of water every day.

                                  E Online
                                  E Online
                                  Eleanor
                                  wrote last edited by Eleanor
                                  #16

                                  @mrjoshua44 said:

                                  @Eleanor I feel lucky to have not had any gastric issues while taking Tirzepatide + Survo. The only side effects I have had is dehydration, so I drink a ton of water every day.

                                  That's great! I've had gastric issues before starting GLPs so doesn't bode well for me.

                                  To All Others Who Haven't Tried This Yet:
                                  Do your remember @quicksilver80 "nuclear option"?
                                  1 part prune juice
                                  1 part white grape juice
                                  1 goodly sized pat of butter
                                  Nuke for about 30 seconds then down the gullet

                                  It works pretty well, isn't costly and DOES NOT HARM YOUR GUT! Only problem for me is it's not as fast as it might be for the average person who has a normal working gut without GIP; I was bound up pretty tight. My only avenue was to stop the GIP. So far, so good. Hope it lasts. Should know soon and I will let you know because my kind of constipation is dangerous.

                                  Please try the nuclear option before anything else.

                                  Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                                  pep_researcherP 1 Reply Last reply
                                  3
                                  • E Eleanor

                                    @mrjoshua44 said:

                                    @Eleanor I feel lucky to have not had any gastric issues while taking Tirzepatide + Survo. The only side effects I have had is dehydration, so I drink a ton of water every day.

                                    That's great! I've had gastric issues before starting GLPs so doesn't bode well for me.

                                    To All Others Who Haven't Tried This Yet:
                                    Do your remember @quicksilver80 "nuclear option"?
                                    1 part prune juice
                                    1 part white grape juice
                                    1 goodly sized pat of butter
                                    Nuke for about 30 seconds then down the gullet

                                    It works pretty well, isn't costly and DOES NOT HARM YOUR GUT! Only problem for me is it's not as fast as it might be for the average person who has a normal working gut without GIP; I was bound up pretty tight. My only avenue was to stop the GIP. So far, so good. Hope it lasts. Should know soon and I will let you know because my kind of constipation is dangerous.

                                    Please try the nuclear option before anything else.

                                    pep_researcherP Offline
                                    pep_researcherP Offline
                                    pep_researcher
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @Eleanor Yeah I read a slightly different version of this recipe on Reddit too. IIRC, a nurse had posted that they use prune juice + butter + salt for colon screening patients to clean out their gut before colonoscopy. So it's medical grade solution. Hehe

                                    E 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • pep_researcherP pep_researcher

                                      @Stan-Douglas hehe it sounds gross but it actually tastes fine. Salt leaves a sweetish aftertaste.

                                      This is actually a popular laxative trick in purist fasting community. I was a long faster before I was advised to not do that due to my unique metabolic issues.

                                      Stan DouglasS Offline
                                      Stan DouglasS Offline
                                      Stan Douglas
                                      wrote last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @pep_researcher said:

                                      I was a long faster before I was advised to not do that due to my unique metabolic issues

                                      Hey, I was on a fasting protocol too!
                                      Once a week extend it to 3 days once a month, extend those 3 days to 6 between Christmas and NYE and go for an 11 two weeks before the 4th of July!
                                      Did it for a few years!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      2
                                      • pep_researcherP pep_researcher

                                        @Eleanor Yeah I read a slightly different version of this recipe on Reddit too. IIRC, a nurse had posted that they use prune juice + butter + salt for colon screening patients to clean out their gut before colonoscopy. So it's medical grade solution. Hehe

                                        E Online
                                        E Online
                                        Eleanor
                                        wrote last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @pep_researcher said:

                                        @Eleanor Yeah I read a slightly different version of this recipe on Reddit too. IIRC, a nurse had posted that they use prune juice + butter + salt for colon screening patients to clean out their gut before colonoscopy. So it's medical grade solution. Hehe

                                        It is not a medical grade solution! I've had numerous colonoscopies and used something like it once and was still dirty when they scoped me. I don't care one iota what someone on Reddit said. You do what you want.

                                        I'm just expressing what I know worked for someone (me) who has history of colon cancer in family, has had polyps removed, has had gut literally split in half and had to wear a poop bag for 6 months, then, resected. When you put lots of pressure on the bowel to move on a consistent basis, if you have an unknown weakness, it could cause you to go through much the same as I did. This isn't accounting for the runny mess after taking stool softeners, etc. that moves through those perforations.

                                        Grain allergies, lactose intolerance; there's a whole host of food/drink and drugs that can cause perforations in the bowel that you don't know you have. You are literally taking your life in your hands and alleged Reddit nurse does NOT have the answer.

                                        Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        • Login

                                        • Login or register to search.
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Categories
                                        • Recent
                                        • Tags
                                        • Popular
                                        • World
                                        • Users
                                        • Groups