Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Vendor Reviews & Orders
  3. Discussion: Soma Chems
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Discussion: Soma Chems

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Vendor Reviews & Orders
soma-chemsreview
8 Posts 5 Posters 537 Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • P Offline
    P Offline
    PeptideCritic
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    This is the official discussion thread for a vendor on PeptideCritic.com.

    📖 View the vendor profile: Soma Chems


    Share your experiences with this vendor, ask questions, or add information that might help other community members.

    Please keep discussions respectful and factual.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • P PeptideCritic moved this topic from Vendor Review Discussions on
    • B Offline
      B Offline
      BBLDarkStar
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      I reached out to Soma to ask if they have an updated COA for their Glutathione since the one posted on their site is over a year old. Their response is that it is still the COA for the current batch.
      I then asked if their shipped product is traceable to the batch number on the COA. They stated that they do not use any unique identifiers on the vials that they ship (these are single vials, not kits).
      Their Glutathione is already reconstituted and the COA they have posted is for reconstituted Glutathione, so the fact that they are either: a) shipping a product that has been reconstituted for over a year; or b) shipping a product that is not consistent with their COA; is concerning. Their COA doesn't even have a batch number on it; only the Jano numbers. It's also only mass and purity.
      When I brought this up to them they stated that they have very large batches made at a time, that their product has a 36 month shelf life, and that the product they are shipping currently is from the same batch. When I pressed them about the fact that there's no way to match the product sent with the COA, they told me that I should go ahead and check with other vendors and see if any of them offer that. We all know that any reputable vendor at least has a way of matching their product to the COA provided.
      Another concern: unless Glutathione is reconstituted with stringent PH control and nitrogen purged, it is only shelf stable for up to 14 days. How are they achieving 36 months of stability? If they are truly using such a highly controlled process, wouldn't they want to brag about it?
      <a href=Soma Chems Gluta COA.png" class=" img-fluid img-markdown" />

      1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • D Offline
        D Offline
        denti
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        All of their replies to you made me LOL. Honestly why even bother with this company? Definitely a do not purchase from imo.

        B 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • D denti

          All of their replies to you made me LOL. Honestly why even bother with this company? Definitely a do not purchase from imo.

          B Offline
          B Offline
          BBLDarkStar
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          @denti you know when you find something and it looks really good on paper and you really want it to be legit?

          They have a very sparkly shiny website and have COAs posted with everything and I really wanted them to talk me over to the "buy" side of the fence. I'm easily entertained by the sparkly shiny stuff. I was a captive audience. All "Alex" needed to do was convince me that he/she even gave a sh*t about quality and safety and I might have bit. They couldn't even show a modicum of effort.

          1 Reply Last reply
          2
          • MyBM Offline
            MyBM Offline
            MyB
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            Thank you @darkstar for sharing your experience so others know to steer clear of this vendor.

            Follows research backed science, not the gym bro’s.

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • S Online
              S Online
              Shifted
              wrote last edited by
              #6

              I bought acetic acid from them and was happy. That's pretty different from a peptide, though.

              B 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • S Shifted

                I bought acetic acid from them and was happy. That's pretty different from a peptide, though.

                B Offline
                B Offline
                BBLDarkStar
                wrote last edited by BBLDarkStar
                #7

                @Shifted I agree. That isn't apples to apples. I am glad that you didn't get outright scammed, though.

                The saga with them continued today. I'll post more below.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • B Offline
                  B Offline
                  BBLDarkStar
                  wrote last edited by
                  #8

                  THE SAGA CONTINUES. At this point it is just entertaining.

                  Me: I'm interested in the Glutathione. I looked at the COA you have posted and it's not very recent. Do you have me recent COAs? If I ordered some, would the product I receive have a COA that matches its batch number? I see that it's already reconstituted. Does it need to be stored cold? Room temperature? When do you reconstitute it? At told of order or is it already on your shelf reconstituted?

                  Soma:
                  Hi there,
                  Our products have a shelf life of 36 months.
                  Once a new batch starts, we will put its COA on the product page on our website.
                  Furthermore, we do not ship COAs with the products, and the vial does not mention batch number.
                  Let us know if you need help with anything else. We are happy to help!

                  Me: So how do I trace the product that I receive back to lab testing if you don't have any control numbers on the products that you send? Why do you bother posting a COA if there's no way to link it to the product? Your COA is over a year old. You either have old product that you are selling or you are selling product that you haven't had third-party tested. I want to purchase from you, but I want to know that you have safety protocols in place.

                  Soma: The COA uploaded on our website can be traced to the third-party laboratory's COA lookup site.

                  Me: I understand that. I already looked it up on Janoshik's site. That's great. You guys sent a vial of Glutathione to Janoshik for testing at some point. How do you link that test to the vial I receive if there is no batch number or unique identifier?
                  Also, are you confirming that you are selling Glutathione that is over a
                  year old?

                  Soma: We produce the products in large batches. When one batch comes to an end, a new batch is produced and sent for testing to third-party labs.

                  Me: Understood.
                  Not that I don't trust you, but I don't trust anybody. You still have not
                  explained how a person can link the product that they receive to the lab
                  testing that you performed. Third party testing is useless if there's no chain of custody or individual identifier linking it to a particular batch. You are basically saying, "Trust me." That's what everybody says when they are lying to you.

                  Soma: Hi there,
                  I completely understand your concern. As mentioned before, the third-party test reports belong to the same batch as the one we ship.
                  We have been in the market for more than 7 years and are known for our high-quality standards across the research community.
                  That said, please feel free to carry your research with other vendors and see if any vendor publish batch number.
                  Thank you!

                  Me: So you ARE saying, "Just trust me." That is what every disreputable vendor says about things. And reputation in this industry is only good until it isn't. This space is constantly changing, and vendors change hands often. "Trust me" is not an acceptable response.
                  Every reputable vendor provides a way to trace batches to COAs. Even the grey market provides that these days.
                  After determining you don't meet my minimum vendor standards, it took me only 10 minutes to find someone else with better pricing and a clear, up-to-date COA.
                  According to my research, Glutathione is only stable for up to 14 days
                  after reconstitution unless pharmaceutical processes are used. Can you describe your reconstitution process that allows your product to remain shelf stable for 3 years?
                  Thank you for your time.

                  Soma: Hi there!
                  I’m sorry to hear that our current labeling processes don’t quite align with your research needs. We’re working on implementing the changes you suggested.
                  I’d also like to clarify one point: it sounds like we might be mixing up shelf life before and after reconstitution. After reconstitution, products typically remain viable for anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on sterility and storage temperature. The 3-year range mentioned earlier by my coworker applies specifically to unopened, sealed vials stored away from heat.
                  I hope the other vendor meets all your requirements for now, but we’d love the chance to work with you again once our labeling and COA processes better align with what you need.

                  Me: So you don't even know your own product?
                  Lyophilized compounds are shelf stable until they are reconstituted. Reconstituted compounds have a short life, just as you stated.
                  You are selling a reconstituted vial; otherwise, it wouldn't have a dilution ratio (200mg/ml) and total volume (20ml) to indicate the quantity.
                  Your COA also shows results for a diluted vial, not a vial of lyophilized Gluta. That's why its results also indicate the dilution ratio.
                  So you sent a reconstituted vial for testing and are now indicating that you reconstitute each vial right before shipping? This further indicates that your testing represents nothing relevant to the product you are shipping. There's no proof that the vial you are sending contains 2400mg of Gluta. There's no proof that you put the indicated amount of lyophilized compound into the vial before reconstituting it. There's no proof you used the same bac water that was used for the sample sent for testing. Your COA is worthless and indicates nothing. Furthermore, choosing to ship a reconstituted compound—which is heavier, less stable, larger, and more fragile—instead of shipping vials of lyophilized compound suggests you intend to obfuscate what you are actually providing. I just looked at more of your products. None of your pictures even show lyophilized compounds in the peptide vials that aren't already reconstituted.
                  Well shit. Never mind. You guys aren't low quality. You are an outright scam.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  • Login

                  • Login or register to search.
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Categories
                  • Recent
                  • Tags
                  • Popular
                  • World
                  • Users
                  • Groups