Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Welcome & News
  3. Introductions
  4. Question on filtering peptides if not using pen, only syringes.
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Question on filtering peptides if not using pen, only syringes.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Introductions
9 Posts 5 Posters 689 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • S Offline
    S Offline
    shilsen
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Jeff recommends to always filter peptides and has a video for pen cartridges and pens... But how are we supposed to filter our peptides if we are not using pens? Do we extract from prepared peptide bottle, then inject into a sterile bottle with a new needle? I am brand new to peptides and have bought (retatrutide) GLP3-RT 13mg through ezpeprides which will arrive in about 5 days. I also have bought supplies recommended by Jeff using the Amazon links. Not filtering peptides and using is straight forward. Filtering without pens is still a question to me. Maybe Jeff and Randy can do a video on this? I am a 67 year old male and looking for a way to lose weight and improve my health. I have neuropathy which I hope peptides will help with.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • RandyR Offline
      RandyR Offline
      Randy
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Yeah! you can find empty sterile vials online and we would suggest using those.

      It really comes down to risk tolerance. If i have a batch ive purchased in bulk and ive done the sterility/mass/purity testing myself i would be less concerned about filtering if its not going in a pen. EZ is a good source.

      "If it doesnt come in a needle. It doesn't work"

      WisGal64W 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • RandyR Offline
        RandyR Offline
        Randy
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyblZhtTTDE

        "If it doesnt come in a needle. It doesn't work"

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • N Offline
          N Offline
          Nateo Childress
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Add note, Do you need to use a positively charged filter for endotoxins? I believe the ones recommended here are not. Thoughts?

          Google smoogle says positively charged need to be used for endotoxins.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • RandyR Offline
            RandyR Offline
            Randy
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Filtering for endo is not necessary. Huberman really ran his mouth on this.

            I like to see a test for endo every few batches from vendors. Thats enough for me.

            "If it doesnt come in a needle. It doesn't work"

            ResearchCatR 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • RandyR Randy

              Yeah! you can find empty sterile vials online and we would suggest using those.

              It really comes down to risk tolerance. If i have a batch ive purchased in bulk and ive done the sterility/mass/purity testing myself i would be less concerned about filtering if its not going in a pen. EZ is a good source.

              WisGal64W Offline
              WisGal64W Offline
              WisGal64
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Randy said in Question on filtering peptides if not using pen, only syringes.:

              Yeah! you can find empty sterile vials online and we would suggest using those.

              It really comes down to risk tolerance. If i have a batch ive purchased in bulk and ive done the sterility/mass/purity testing myself i would be less concerned about filtering if its not going in a pen. EZ is a good source.

              This might be a dumb question, but when you say test sterility yourself, are you sending it in or do you have a lab? 🙂

              “Not a guru, not a chemist-just here trying to keep my receptors AND my sanity responsive.”

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • RandyR Randy

                Filtering for endo is not necessary. Huberman really ran his mouth on this.

                I like to see a test for endo every few batches from vendors. Thats enough for me.

                ResearchCatR Offline
                ResearchCatR Offline
                ResearchCat
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @Randy I was giving a friend an overview/intro to peptides, which to use, why, sourcing, testing, etc (how did I get here?!?) at lunch today and one of his biggest concerns was endotoxins. You can probably guess where he has gotten most of his info.

                Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • RandyR Offline
                  RandyR Offline
                  Randy
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Oh boy. I do like to see endo numbers...but.

                  "If it doesnt come in a needle. It doesn't work"

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • ResearchCatR Offline
                    ResearchCatR Offline
                    ResearchCat
                    wrote on last edited by ResearchCat
                    #9

                    Agreed. Kinda like, “Hey! Don’t buy those shady Chinese peps from randos on Telegram! Buy them from me for 10x the price.(totally not sourced from some shady Chinese rando on Telegram.” We had all the talks. At the very least, if he decides to try Wolverine or Glow stack, he’ll save a lot of money vs where I was when I started. (Edit: mostly due to Peptidecritic.com)

                    Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                    If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    2
                    • P PeptideCritic moved this topic from Introduce Yourself on

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    • Login

                    • Login or register to search.
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Categories
                    • Recent
                    • Tags
                    • Popular
                    • World
                    • Users
                    • Groups