Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. How much head space is in a 3ml pen cartridge
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

How much head space is in a 3ml pen cartridge

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
penscartridges
4 Posts 3 Posters 355 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • B Offline
    B Offline
    bingo
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I want to start using a pen for my rat's peptide research. The current peptide she is researching comes in a 60mg vial that is overfilled to 70mg. According to the handy dandy peptidecritic.com reconstitution calculator, I need to add 3.5ml of BAC water to get to that perfect 20mg/ml ratio. I know a 3ml vial has about 1ml of head space. So how much head space is in a 3ml pen cartridge? Can I put in the entire 3.5ml in or will I have to waste a bit?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ResearchCatR Offline
      ResearchCatR Offline
      ResearchCat
      wrote on last edited by ResearchCat
      #2

      It will be very close, imo. I just did exactly this on Friday and i got almost all of it in the cartridge. Make sure the overflow needle is barely breaking the seal so you don’t get backflow, and depending on hour accurate you are, you may just fill it or have a little extra. I would estimate that I had less than 25-50 units over, which I pushed into another vial, but this assumes my measurements were spot on. Also note that I was moving the liquid from one vial to another for 7 vials, so some small amount of loss likely occurred.

      Pic below to show there was 0 air left.

      att.T9aGquSQmHJuSQbJ3a77yZ7zPYvOc6WG4TpywXV-3sQ.jpeg

      Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

      If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • RandyR Offline
        RandyR Offline
        Randy
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        3.2ml is what fits.

        Adjust it to 2.5ml?

        "If it doesnt come in a needle. It doesn't work"

        1 Reply Last reply
        2
        • ResearchCatR Offline
          ResearchCatR Offline
          ResearchCat
          wrote on last edited by ResearchCat
          #4

          Thanks Randy. I was wondering what the exact amount was. I guess I had more loss than I thought.

          Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

          If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • P PeptideCritic moved this topic from Supplies Discussion on

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          • Login

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Tags
          • Popular
          • World
          • Users
          • Groups