Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. Question About Blood Backflow Into GHK-Cu Cartridge
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Question About Blood Backflow Into GHK-Cu Cartridge

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
ghk-cucartridgespensbeginner-question
2 Posts 2 Posters 238 Views
Question About Blood Backflow Into GHK-Cu Cartridge
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • D Offline
    D Offline
    divacat
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I have been using GHK-Cu in my pen for a couple of months without any issues. Today I replaced the cartridge with a new GHK-Cu cartridge. I attached a new Novo Fine Plus disposable needle, primed the pen until all air bubbles were gone, and then injected my usual dose.

    After the injection, I noticed there was blood visible on the needle. When I removed the needle, I looked at the cartridge and saw what appeared to be small blood colored particles floating in the solution. I immediately removed the cartridge from the pen and will not be using that particular one further.

    I’m trying to understand what may have happened. Did I do something wrong? How can blood or material from outside the cartridge end up inside a sealed cartridge? Is this a known occurrence with injection pens, and what might cause it?

    Any information on the mechanism behind this or how to prevent it in the future would be greatly appreciated.

    I’ve attached a photo of the cartridge showing the particles I observed after the injection. Prior to use, the solution appeared normal to me.

    IMG_D6DF82A3-CDEB-441E-B4C2-CFC85E9E1DA3.jpeg

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ResearchCatR Online
      ResearchCatR Online
      ResearchCat
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      You probably hit a blood vessel and there was slight vacuum in the vial (assuming you keep it in the fridge) so before you hit the plunger, it drew some blood into the vial. I have had this happen with syringes but not vials(yet.)

      Part of the reason i use short needles (4-6mm) is that with syringes or longer needles 8mm+ i hit vessels and get a lot of bruising. Still happens but much less often.

      Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

      If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      • Login

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Tags
      • Popular
      • World
      • Users
      • Groups