Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. What gauge breather needle to purchase?
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

What gauge breather needle to purchase?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
syringespenscartridgesfilters
15 Posts 7 Posters 848 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ? Offline
    ? Offline
    A Former User
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi all, new to filtering peps and pens, just ordered 3 V4s from the shop! I watched Randy’s vids, and I have the following supplies down:

    3ml sterile pen cartridge vials
    3ml 23G 1 inch luer lock syringes with needles
    0.2um 13mm PES filters
    30G 0.5 inch luer lock needles

    My question is, what gauge should the breather needle be? If there’s anything in my supplies list that stands out, or I’m missing, please let me know. Thanks all!!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • WisGal64W Offline
      WisGal64W Offline
      WisGal64
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I've been using a 30G 1/2" for venting/breathing, what have on your list should work fine. I had initially tried a shorter needle but that didn't go so well but it was when I first started and was nervous about getting everything right 🙂

      “Not a guru, not a chemist-just here trying to keep my receptors AND my sanity responsive.”

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • vpepsV Offline
        vpepsV Offline
        vpeps
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I don' use a breather needle. I inject the liquid through the filter, then detach the filter from the needle to let the extra air out.

        attentiion is all you need

        E 2 Replies Last reply
        0
        • Snake PepskinS Offline
          Snake PepskinS Offline
          Snake Pepskin
          wrote on last edited by Snake Pepskin
          #4

          I use an actual pen tip needle, and when I’m done filling the cartridge, I use the same needle for the first dose. No waste😅

          “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
          It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • ResearchCatR Offline
            ResearchCatR Offline
            ResearchCat
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I use 30/31g

            Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

            If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • ResearchCatR Offline
              ResearchCatR Offline
              ResearchCat
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @vpeptides The problem with that is blowing the plug out of the cartridge. Are you filling carts without a vent and not having the plug come out? That seems unlikely to me.

              Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

              If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

              vpepsV 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

                @vpeptides The problem with that is blowing the plug out of the cartridge. Are you filling carts without a vent and not having the plug come out? That seems unlikely to me.

                vpepsV Offline
                vpepsV Offline
                vpeps
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @ResearchCat I was talking about a 3ml vial, not a cartridge. Didn't read the post carefully. I am a writer, not a reader, you know? 🙂

                attentiion is all you need

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • vpepsV vpeps

                  I don' use a breather needle. I inject the liquid through the filter, then detach the filter from the needle to let the extra air out.

                  E Online
                  E Online
                  Eleanor
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8
                  This post is deleted!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • vpepsV vpeps

                    I don' use a breather needle. I inject the liquid through the filter, then detach the filter from the needle to let the extra air out.

                    E Online
                    E Online
                    Eleanor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @vpeptides How do you tell when all the air is out of the vial?

                    vpepsV 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • ResearchCatR Offline
                      ResearchCatR Offline
                      ResearchCat
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @vpeptides All good! Thanks for clarifying. That makes sense.

                      Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                      If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • E Eleanor

                        @vpeptides How do you tell when all the air is out of the vial?

                        vpepsV Offline
                        vpepsV Offline
                        vpeps
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @Eleanor it happens momentarily

                        attentiion is all you need

                        E 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • vpepsV vpeps

                          @Eleanor it happens momentarily

                          E Online
                          E Online
                          Eleanor
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @vpeptides Ok, does it hiss, pop, any indication?

                          vpepsV 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • E Eleanor

                            @vpeptides Ok, does it hiss, pop, any indication?

                            vpepsV Offline
                            vpepsV Offline
                            vpeps
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @Eleanor Long story: It hisses when I slightly release the needle from the filter to equalize the pressure. Then I reconnect it and disconnect the filter from the syringe to add more air into it, then reconnect again and push to let whatever is still in filter to go through. Then disconnect again the needle.

                            attentiion is all you need

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • ? Offline
                              ? Offline
                              A Former User
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Thanks all! So excited to get started with filtering and pens!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              1
                              • sgirmantS Offline
                                sgirmantS Offline
                                sgirmant
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                For those using a 3 mL syringe, what size and length breather needles do you recommend? Also, what size and length reconstitution needles work best?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                Reply
                                • Reply as topic
                                Log in to reply
                                • Oldest to Newest
                                • Newest to Oldest
                                • Most Votes


                                • Login

                                • Login or register to search.
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                0
                                • Categories
                                • Recent
                                • Tags
                                • Popular
                                • World
                                • Users
                                • Groups