Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Peptide Discussion
  3. Study: RUO Reta Underperformed Lilly's Trials
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Study: RUO Reta Underperformed Lilly's Trials

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Peptide Discussion
28 Posts 19 Posters 1.4k Views 3 Watching
Study: RUO Reta Underperformed Lilly's Trials
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • M Offline
    M Offline
    MickElron
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Came across this study on RUO reta that was conducted by a Massachusetts based data analytics company nference and published as a preprint (not peer reviewed). I just wanted to share because I found it interesting. I am taking RUO reta so don't flame me! Lol

    People who obtained RUO retatrutide outside of trial participation lost an average of 4.7%, 5.3% and 7.2% of their weight after taking it for three months, six months and between six and 12 months, respectively.

    By contrast, records on patients who enrolled in Lilly’s trials showed that they lost more than twice as much weight — averages of 5.7%, 11.9% and 15.5%, respectively, at the same time points.

    3239fe1c-30db-429d-813d-ec9102a8c5e7-image.jpeg

    As seen above, the weight lost on RUO reta was more than that shown with semaglutide, about the same as tirzepatide studies, but less that Lilly's reta trials.

    Full study here: https://www.preprints.org/frontend/manuscript/4a50510817135f57f7eb38ebedeb03f8/download_pub

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • BeeKindB Offline
      BeeKindB Offline
      BeeKind
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I have already lost 15% of my body weight on RUO reta since the first of May.

      Just someone with a fridge full of research and a browser history that would concern my doctor.

      S 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • F Offline
        F Offline
        flyhigh
        wrote on last edited by flyhigh
        #3

        Its possible, but I suspect Lilly picked the perfect candidates, as the candidates they select are not just rando. On the other hand, I suspect many RUO peptides do lack potency, because of sequencing, folding, hidden tfa and residual salts, water. I have had mixed responses on this when asking the labs on K-Hole. Some say net peptide content (NPC) is the actual potency while others say make sure the NPC number you get back from a lab account for residual tfa, residual solvents, free tfa, salts and water content.

        1 Reply Last reply
        2
        • S Offline
          S Offline
          Shifted
          wrote on last edited by Shifted
          #4

          Most of the people posting online are taking way less than the doses Lilly is giving participants in the trials. It is very common to see people posting that they are taking 0.5mg-6mg. In the trials they start at 2mg and titrate up to 12mg by the 17th week. A lot of users online seem to be people who aren't even obese as well so they have much less to lose.

          M S 2 Replies Last reply
          11
          • BoxerLoverB Offline
            BoxerLoverB Offline
            BoxerLover
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Yeah, I just hit six months and have lost 20.5% on RUO and have not gone above 4.5mg.

            1 Reply Last reply
            5
            • pep_researcherP Offline
              pep_researcherP Offline
              pep_researcher
              wrote on last edited by pep_researcher
              #6

              They are desperate and frustrated that their cat got out of the bag and FDA isn't bending easily to their biologic demands. Crony capitalism peaked here. 😂

              I also suspect now that they are delaying Reta submission for approval to wait out this administration and get the new pharma friendly one. 🤔

              1 Reply Last reply
              5
              • NewenoughN Offline
                NewenoughN Offline
                Newenough
                wrote on last edited by Newenough
                #7

                They must not have verified the COA first....fucking amateurs.

                pep_researcherP 1 Reply Last reply
                5
                • NewenoughN Newenough

                  They must not have verified the COA first....fucking amateurs.

                  pep_researcherP Offline
                  pep_researcherP Offline
                  pep_researcher
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @Newenough ROTFL yeah ask them to send vials to Jano! 😉

                  NewenoughN 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • S Offline
                    S Offline
                    SkepticJen
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I decided to look at my trajectory vs the phase 3 trials recently because there are two of us doing this together and she is only using 2mg/ week and I'm using 8 - both with the concept of least effective dose. I'm amazed how different we are with the exact same peps, batch, reconstitution (I make the cartridges at the same time). Fascinating science fair project. We've both lost the same amount (different percentages). I'm at 16% at 13 weeks. Shows the need for personalized dosing!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • O Offline
                      O Offline
                      ogsteve
                      wrote on last edited by ogsteve
                      #10

                      Honestly Lilly. I don’t care about percentages over time period. I want to go slow and cautiously because my $12 per month COAed glp3r is working just fine at 0.5mg every 4 days. Further, I know it can bring the heat if I need it. If it doesn’t do the trick I can throw Cagrilintide and Tesemorelin or hgh at it for another $24 a month.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      4
                      • MacLeeezyM Offline
                        MacLeeezyM Offline
                        MacLeeezy
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I’m down 26% since Feb…. Tesa, gym and other steps were involved but this stuff works crazy good. Almost ready to back way off to maintanence

                        S 1 Reply Last reply
                        1
                        • MyBM Offline
                          MyBM Offline
                          MyB
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          8 months. Husbands rat 3mg and 12% loss. My rat 4mg and 11%. Our goal is not to lose as much as possible as fast as possible. It’s to lose as slow as possible to sustain loss long term.
                          My friends rat did a fast and high titration like the trials and lost 25% in 6 months. She now does 4mg for maintenance. Anything lower and she starts to gain weight.
                          My theory, RUO of low and slow will be better for longer term sustained results.

                          Follows research backed science, not the gym bro’s.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          2
                          • MacLeeezyM MacLeeezy

                            I’m down 26% since Feb…. Tesa, gym and other steps were involved but this stuff works crazy good. Almost ready to back way off to maintanence

                            S Offline
                            S Offline
                            SkepticJen
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @MacLeeezy When and how did you add in Tesa? Trying to learn about that - seeing wildly different protocols

                            MacLeeezyM 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • ResearchCatR Offline
                              ResearchCatR Offline
                              ResearchCat
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I mean, practically speaking if the takeaway is that RUO Reta is 82.3854% as effective as Lilly reta for 10% of the cost, most researchers would be happy taking 1.22x RUO Reta and have money to buy a car rather than spend full boat just for Reta.

                              Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                              If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              8
                              • D Offline
                                D Offline
                                derekg1
                                wrote on last edited by derekg1
                                #15

                                Don't forget the trials likely offer nutrition advice, accountability etc. Those alone can go along way to losing weight. I'm actually impressed RUO/stand alone efforts work 82% as well as a clinically controlled setting.

                                They could have picked much better examples of RUO reta "not working". Like a friend's rat. He was complaining that reta didn't work at all, blamed the drug then the vendor. Curious, I asked what dose used and how it impacted his diet/alcohol. I had to walk away when he said he hadn't taken reta in 3 weeks and only intermittently before then. Said he treated it like blood pressure meds. When he was thinking he'd be hungry he'd do a shot. 🙄

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                6
                                • pep_researcherP pep_researcher

                                  @Newenough ROTFL yeah ask them to send vials to Jano! 😉

                                  NewenoughN Offline
                                  NewenoughN Offline
                                  Newenough
                                  wrote on last edited by Newenough
                                  #16

                                  @pep_researcher said:

                                  @Newenough ROTFL yeah ask them to send vials to Jano! 😉

                                  Im actually curious if they did. A study needs to know what they are working with....

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • S Offline
                                    S Offline
                                    Stevepep
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    As someone who has done over 10 clinical trials on various products they are set up for success. You hand select the participants and the results are essentially predetermined. You start with the result and work backwards.

                                    kenhnsyK 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • S Shifted

                                      Most of the people posting online are taking way less than the doses Lilly is giving participants in the trials. It is very common to see people posting that they are taking 0.5mg-6mg. In the trials they start at 2mg and titrate up to 12mg by the 17th week. A lot of users online seem to be people who aren't even obese as well so they have much less to lose.

                                      M Offline
                                      M Offline
                                      MickElron
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @Shifted I think this is the biggest difference in such a study that doesn't compare dosing regimen of RUO vs Lilly reta.

                                      RUO dosing isn't as "standardized" and has people starting lower (as low as 0.5mg) and not titrating as fast as Lilly. Many people don't cross 4mg.

                                      Lilly protocol, on the other hand, starts at 2mg and essentially doubles dose every month for the next 4 months - till it hits 12mg/week. This aggressive titration leads to higher weight loss.

                                      Interestingly, the heart rate increase was see in both RUO reta and Lilly's reta. So, that side effect is compound specific. Sema/tirz did not see any change in heart rates.

                                      ResearchCatR 1 Reply Last reply
                                      3
                                      • BeeKindB BeeKind

                                        I have already lost 15% of my body weight on RUO reta since the first of May.

                                        S Offline
                                        S Offline
                                        Steiny
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @BeeKind Nice! Im about 22% since January

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        3
                                        • S Shifted

                                          Most of the people posting online are taking way less than the doses Lilly is giving participants in the trials. It is very common to see people posting that they are taking 0.5mg-6mg. In the trials they start at 2mg and titrate up to 12mg by the 17th week. A lot of users online seem to be people who aren't even obese as well so they have much less to lose.

                                          S Offline
                                          S Offline
                                          Steiny
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @Shifted Good point

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups