What's The Beef? No Country of Origin Label Will Make The Rich Richer
-
No cheaper than it is now?
https://youtu.be/z2Sox3cdkq8?si=5hhxxWOz1SHWa52w -
Two of the 4 largest companies who slaughter beef in america are Brazilian owned anyways. My conspiracy theory is they just cant force the cattle ranchers to tank their price per head of cattle and make up the difference with out of country beef. Probably to supply sysco for their bowl slop restaurants
-
Two of the 4 largest companies who slaughter beef in america are Brazilian owned anyways. My conspiracy theory is they just cant force the cattle ranchers to tank their price per head of cattle and make up the difference with out of country beef. Probably to supply sysco for their bowl slop restaurants
-
I don’t like to get into politics here, but economics are fair game. The cattle herds are at very low levels and it takes years to replenish them. Placing tariffs on countries to force them to export beef to us at cheaper rates is an interesting way to try to lower the cost of meat.
The ranchers are not making as much money as you think, and unlike the pork situation a few years ago, there isn’t a surplus of cattle where they are slaughtering them and dumping the meat into foreign markets.
-
I don’t like to get into politics here, but economics are fair game. The cattle herds are at very low levels and it takes years to replenish them. Placing tariffs on countries to force them to export beef to us at cheaper rates is an interesting way to try to lower the cost of meat.
The ranchers are not making as much money as you think, and unlike the pork situation a few years ago, there isn’t a surplus of cattle where they are slaughtering them and dumping the meat into foreign markets.
@ResearchCat The Native Texan that I am and having lots of friends in Nebraska, this mess has been tried before. Biggest problem is when not only when govt is working against you, but the weather as well, in addition to what you named re: replenishment of the herds.
Another possibility is that govt wants much lower prices on beef so they can buy it for military; pretty much confiscation prices, like eggs, chickens, etc. They've obviously got to feed lots of people. I think this includes the immigrant work crews ICE is taking from my neighborhood and others, most likely to build out porting/transportation infrastructure on California coast.
-
@ResearchCat The Native Texan that I am and having lots of friends in Nebraska, this mess has been tried before. Biggest problem is when not only when govt is working against you, but the weather as well, in addition to what you named re: replenishment of the herds.
Another possibility is that govt wants much lower prices on beef so they can buy it for military; pretty much confiscation prices, like eggs, chickens, etc. They've obviously got to feed lots of people. I think this includes the immigrant work crews ICE is taking from my neighborhood and others, most likely to build out porting/transportation infrastructure on California coast.
-
@Stevepep Don't start something here, Steve. It's not necessary and my msgs. are posted where they should be.
-
@ResearchCat The Native Texan that I am and having lots of friends in Nebraska, this mess has been tried before. Biggest problem is when not only when govt is working against you, but the weather as well, in addition to what you named re: replenishment of the herds.
Another possibility is that govt wants much lower prices on beef so they can buy it for military; pretty much confiscation prices, like eggs, chickens, etc. They've obviously got to feed lots of people. I think this includes the immigrant work crews ICE is taking from my neighborhood and others, most likely to build out porting/transportation infrastructure on California coast.
@Eleanor Yeah, I didn’t want to go too long, but the years long droughts on grazing land haven’t helped either.
As far as the why, mid-terms are coming.
-
@Eleanor it was just a joke. It seems everyday is a new conspiracy and nothing really changes they get forgotten and move on to the next one. I also don’t follow this stuff closely I try to focus on things I can impact
@Eleanor it was just a joke. It seems everyday is a new conspiracy and nothing really changes they get forgotten and move on to the next one. I also don’t follow this stuff closely I try to focus on things I can impact
Same here. Could only imagine what my life would be like if this was my daily focus.
-
@ResearchCat The Native Texan that I am and having lots of friends in Nebraska, this mess has been tried before. Biggest problem is when not only when govt is working against you, but the weather as well, in addition to what you named re: replenishment of the herds.
Another possibility is that govt wants much lower prices on beef so they can buy it for military; pretty much confiscation prices, like eggs, chickens, etc. They've obviously got to feed lots of people. I think this includes the immigrant work crews ICE is taking from my neighborhood and others, most likely to build out porting/transportation infrastructure on California coast.
@Eleanor i seem to remember something happened during the depression like this. Same idea different setup.
-
@Eleanor i seem to remember something happened during the depression like this. Same idea different setup.
@quicksilver80 Something like that. Seems to me we might have some major inflation first; with a $40T debt, not surprising. It happens before major military conflicts as well and we also have to feed the immigrants who're going to build out the new infrastructure, esp. the porting system; The U.S.'s own North American Belt and Road Initiative.
Although not beef related, know that Medicare Plan B payment will be increasing; a "surcharge" that's permanent and based on your 2024 earnings/tax return, unless you file with Medicare.gov for release. The annual letter telling you that you're getting a raise has this attached to it, or could be a separate letter. If you sold a home, or stocks, or anything that raised your income high enough in 2024, look out, it could cost you hundreds per month/thousands per year.
But what do I know. I'm just an old lady, allegedly spreading fear. Good luck, Folks.
-
Hmm. Florida and Texas
https://youtu.be/zciJ8uKwRvg?si=pnIYbvVhpolCCKnb
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login