Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. Mah fellow Luer Lockers, what is the largest guage you use to withdraw?
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Mah fellow Luer Lockers, what is the largest guage you use to withdraw?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
beginner-question
17 Posts 12 Posters 797 Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Stan DouglasS Offline
    Stan DouglasS Offline
    Stan Douglas
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I thought I would have a nice, easy, time taking out with an 18g, switching to a 31 to stick the old ratasaurus [though he complains I use a 12 gauge to do it].
    Noooo, the rubber stopper can't reseal from a puncture that large.

    Probably, like bac water, you really shouldn't get close to the fuzzy line BUT I CAN'T HELP IT! What is the largest gauge you use to withdraw?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ResearchCatR Online
      ResearchCatR Online
      ResearchCat
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I use 25g or smaller. I wouldn’t go larger than 23g, but that is just my gut. 18g is like body piercing thickness.

      Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

      If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

      1 Reply Last reply
      4
      • MyBM Offline
        MyBM Offline
        MyB
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Back when I used pond water a 23g would pull air through prior poke sites, so I went to 27g.
        With hospira I’ve only had it do it with 18g, so I use 23g and up.

        Follows research backed science, not the gym bro’s.

        1 Reply Last reply
        2
        • Stan DouglasS Offline
          Stan DouglasS Offline
          Stan Douglas
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          ... yeah, i do realize i spelded gauge wrong 😠

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • mrjoshua44M Offline
            mrjoshua44M Offline
            mrjoshua44
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            I mainly use either a 25g or 27g.

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • BeeKindB Online
              BeeKindB Online
              BeeKind
              wrote last edited by
              #6

              I use a 25g no issues

              Just someone with a fridge full of research and a browser history that would concern my doctor.

              N 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • vpepsV Online
                vpepsV Online
                vpeps
                wrote last edited by
                #7

                I use 25g to deal with moving the liquids around. I have 1.5" needles to be able to reach the bottom of 2ml vials, and 1" for the rest of the cases. 27g is too thin for this, especially at 1.5".

                attentiion is all you need

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • M Offline
                  M Offline
                  MikeMiranda
                  wrote last edited by
                  #8

                  This it the one I use 25G 1.5"

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • BeeKindB BeeKind

                    I use a 25g no issues

                    N Offline
                    N Offline
                    Neil McCauley
                    wrote last edited by
                    #9

                    @BeeKind said:

                    I use a 25g no issues

                    Same

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • J Offline
                      J Offline
                      josephbrown
                      wrote last edited by
                      #10

                      I dont use luer locks for anything anymore. As far as guage 28 for anything oil based and 31 for anything water based.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • benybarraB Offline
                        benybarraB Offline
                        benybarra
                        wrote last edited by
                        #11

                        Have you look into vial adapters?

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxJIOtE9KI4

                        Stan DouglasS M 2 Replies Last reply
                        1
                        • benybarraB benybarra

                          Have you look into vial adapters?

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxJIOtE9KI4

                          Stan DouglasS Offline
                          Stan DouglasS Offline
                          Stan Douglas
                          wrote last edited by
                          #12

                          @mexpep said:

                          Have you look into vial adapters?

                          I've NEVER heard of these! Reposting into category to get more attention.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • MyBM Offline
                            MyBM Offline
                            MyB
                            wrote last edited by
                            #13

                            If you search here for “spike” in posts you’ll find past discussions.
                            I personally don’t recommend them unless your working in a semi sterile environment.

                            Follows research backed science, not the gym bro’s.

                            ResearchCatR 1 Reply Last reply
                            2
                            • pep_researcherP Offline
                              pep_researcherP Offline
                              pep_researcher
                              wrote last edited by
                              #14

                              I have used 23G because what I bought online came with 23G needles included. Have some loose 25G but rarely used them.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              2
                              • MyBM MyB

                                If you search here for “spike” in posts you’ll find past discussions.
                                I personally don’t recommend them unless your working in a semi sterile environment.

                                ResearchCatR Online
                                ResearchCatR Online
                                ResearchCat
                                wrote last edited by
                                #15

                                @MyB I don’t know much about them but what little I’ve read is bad,

                                Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                                If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • benybarraB benybarra

                                  Have you look into vial adapters?

                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxJIOtE9KI4

                                  M Offline
                                  M Offline
                                  MikeMiranda
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @mexpep said:

                                  Have you look into vial adapters?

                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxJIOtE9KI4

                                  Maybe its just me for some reason it just doesn't seem sterile after XXxx amount of day am I wrong?

                                  D 1 Reply Last reply
                                  1
                                  • M MikeMiranda

                                    @mexpep said:

                                    Have you look into vial adapters?

                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxJIOtE9KI4

                                    Maybe its just me for some reason it just doesn't seem sterile after XXxx amount of day am I wrong?

                                    D Offline
                                    D Offline
                                    denti
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @MikeMiranda said:

                                    @mexpep said:

                                    Have you look into vial adapters?

                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxJIOtE9KI4

                                    Maybe its just me for some reason it just doesn't seem sterile after XXxx amount of day am I wrong?

                                    You are correct. They do not stay sterile. If you want to keep the vial adapters on you have to purchase Curio caps by 3m. They are 70% iso alcohol caps that stay on the tip to keep it sterile, but only last 7 days and cannot be reused. I had purchased 100 vial adapters and the Curio caps to use with my Bac water and Luer Lock syringes but after a couple times, I just found it more of a hassle to do that, and switch out caps every 7 days then just using regular syringes. So now I have them sitting here.

                                    If anyone wants my vial adapters and the disinfectant caps for free, I am more than happy to mail them to you if you will use them. Just pay for the shipping.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    2

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    • Login

                                    • Login or register to search.
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Categories
                                    • Recent
                                    • Tags
                                    • Popular
                                    • World
                                    • Users
                                    • Groups