Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Peptide Discussion
  3. What Peptide(s) Did You Expect the LEAST From but Ended Up Impressing You the Most?
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

What Peptide(s) Did You Expect the LEAST From but Ended Up Impressing You the Most?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Peptide Discussion
46 Posts 15 Posters 928 Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • J Offline
    J Offline
    Juliano546
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    For me, three stand out so far: Cartalax, KLOW, and MOTS-c.

    Cartalax surprised the hell out of me. I have early-onset arthritis, and after running Cartalax alongside KLOW, my joints have felt substantially better. Obviously I can’t prove what actually changed structurally, but symptom-wise the difference has been impressive.

    KLOW has been another pleasant surprise, especially alongside Reta. My stomach just seems to handle Reta easier when I’m using KLOW with it. Around here we call that combination good ol’ Klorreta Jones 😂

    MOTS-c is newer territory for me, but I’m really enjoying the uptick in energy so far. The cardio difference has been especially interesting. On the stair stepper, normally once my heart rate reaches around 170 I’m ready to back down. Recently I was able to sustain that workload considerably longer than my normal baseline. Still way too early for me to confidently give MOTS-c all the credit, but it definitely has my attention.

    What peptide did you go into with relatively low expectations that ended up making you think, “Okay... I get the hype now”? 😂

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • U Offline
      U Offline
      user_6780
      wrote last edited by user_6780
      #2

      For me it was glutathione..I have a rare eye disorder (not vision related) that causes extreme pain and sensitivity..pain when moving the eyes around, scanning, reading, hard to drive, can’t be in any bright light (outside is off limits during the day). doctors just want to prescribe steroids or do injections and I can’t do that shit long term. I was told I have to just adapt. I had started other peptides like tirz, ghk-cu and KPV. I heard about glutathione for the aesthetic benefits. NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think it would improve my eye issues. About 3-4 days in my pain and sensitivity reduced about 25%. I am about 2 months into using it and I would say I can function at a 75% capacity of a normal person..meaning being in light, driving, going outside etc. I don’t know if my healing has plateaued yet, but it is pretty amazing!!! I am not on any other anti-inflammatories for this condition…So it is clearly the glutathione helping! (I stopped the KPV about a month ago)

      J 1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • ResearchCatR Online
        ResearchCatR Online
        ResearchCat
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        It’s always going to be GLP-1’s first for me. They’re life-changing on a scale most other peptides can’t achieve. Then probably KLOW. Many of the others are more subtle and take longer, but are also great.

        Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

        If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

        J 1 Reply Last reply
        3
        • D Offline
          D Offline
          dispensarysupport
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          Been messing with a ton of them for about 2.5yrs now. I believe most are largely placebo and people just wanting to have more out of things.

          GLP1s, HGH, Tesa/Ipa, and i kiiiiiinda think MOTS-C but not really sure. Im pretty dialed in across the board.

          Nothing works better than having your hormones dialed in and your T levels in that sweet spot of 850-1200 and then a good GLP1 and 2ius of GH every night.

          Its the trinity. Everything else is just......whatever

          J hunt_akH ResearchCatR J 4 Replies Last reply
          3
          • JRatJ Offline
            JRatJ Offline
            JRat
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            KLOW: Total game-changer for my skin. Years of slamming energy drinks completely wrecked my gut, which was showing up on my face and random bug bites from camping not healing as fast. For me, KLOW was the missing puzzle piece(needless to say, the energy drinks are gone for good).

            RETA: Sort of shocked me by melting off a stubborn 20 lbs way faster than anticipated over this past spring/summer.

            Semax (Currently Taking once a day): Picked this up to help with learning a new language. I honestly didn't expect a massive jump, but Anki deck output skyrocketed from just 10 vocab cards a week to comfortably pushing 40. Not bad with all the other things I've got going on.

            J 1 Reply Last reply
            3
            • R Offline
              R Offline
              randallchampion
              wrote last edited by
              #6

              Tesa/Ipa, Semax/Selank

              The Tesa/Ipa combo has helped so much with maintaining my body composition and shedding fat around my midsection while using GLP-1s. Bonus side effect is that I sleep better! I haven't found a downside to it yet.

              I honestly didn't expect much from the Semax/Selank combo. Tried it because I'm always down to try something that will improve focus and mood. I feel like a Teflon coated bullet when I take it. My focus and energy are improved but I'm also less on edge. I've never taken anything else that has a stimulant effect without increasing my anxiety.

              J 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • Mr SmurfM Offline
                Mr SmurfM Offline
                Mr Smurf
                wrote last edited by
                #7

                Tesamorelin. I don't really know what i expected out of it, maybe just a little help, but when I started that my little weight loss journey became a weight loss speed run. I was not ready for how good it was going to be.

                J 1 Reply Last reply
                3
                • H Offline
                  H Offline
                  HockeyRat
                  wrote last edited by
                  #8

                  MT2, awesome tan, definite boost in libido, haven't noticed much in the way of appetite suppression.
                  DSIP, noticeable difference in deep sleep.
                  SEMAX and SELANK (nasal form), I was initially very underwhelmed by the results from pinning these two but the nasal delivery has completely changed my opinion.
                  I would say Reta but I had high expectations and it delivered as expected.

                  J 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • U user_6780

                    For me it was glutathione..I have a rare eye disorder (not vision related) that causes extreme pain and sensitivity..pain when moving the eyes around, scanning, reading, hard to drive, can’t be in any bright light (outside is off limits during the day). doctors just want to prescribe steroids or do injections and I can’t do that shit long term. I was told I have to just adapt. I had started other peptides like tirz, ghk-cu and KPV. I heard about glutathione for the aesthetic benefits. NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think it would improve my eye issues. About 3-4 days in my pain and sensitivity reduced about 25%. I am about 2 months into using it and I would say I can function at a 75% capacity of a normal person..meaning being in light, driving, going outside etc. I don’t know if my healing has plateaued yet, but it is pretty amazing!!! I am not on any other anti-inflammatories for this condition…So it is clearly the glutathione helping! (I stopped the KPV about a month ago)

                    J Offline
                    J Offline
                    Juliano546
                    wrote last edited by
                    #9

                    @user_6780 Dude this is AMAZING! 👏 This is exactly the kind of response I was hoping for when I made this thread. Going into glutathione expecting some aesthetic benefits and then unexpectedly getting relief from something that has affected your everyday life that severely is incredible. Being able to tolerate light, drive and actually get outside again is HUGE. I really hope the improvement keeps going for you. Definitely keep us updated — especially if you haven't hit that plateau yet! 🙌 I have been on the fences as I hear it is one you have to IM but after your experience I truly need to rethink this irrational fear.

                    U 1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

                      It’s always going to be GLP-1’s first for me. They’re life-changing on a scale most other peptides can’t achieve. Then probably KLOW. Many of the others are more subtle and take longer, but are also great.

                      J Offline
                      J Offline
                      Juliano546
                      wrote last edited by
                      #10

                      @ResearchCat Totally agree with this. Especially with all the research continuing to come out around GLP-1s — obesity and diabetes were already huge, but seeing research into cardiovascular benefits and even changes in addictive/reward-driven behaviors has been fascinating.

                      KLOW has been a lifesaver for me too. I became overweight very young and very quickly, so I was left with some pretty horrible stretch marks. KLOW has noticeably improved their appearance, and I also feel like my stomach handles GLPs much better when I’m running it alongside them.

                      GLPs + KLOW have definitely been two of the biggest standouts in my research so far. 👏 good Ole kloretra jones

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      2
                      • D dispensarysupport

                        Been messing with a ton of them for about 2.5yrs now. I believe most are largely placebo and people just wanting to have more out of things.

                        GLP1s, HGH, Tesa/Ipa, and i kiiiiiinda think MOTS-C but not really sure. Im pretty dialed in across the board.

                        Nothing works better than having your hormones dialed in and your T levels in that sweet spot of 850-1200 and then a good GLP1 and 2ius of GH every night.

                        Its the trinity. Everything else is just......whatever

                        J Offline
                        J Offline
                        Juliano546
                        wrote last edited by
                        #11

                        @dispensarysupport I definitely agree there’s a placebo component with some of this stuff, especially when people start 4 things at once and somehow know exactly which one changed their life 😂. But I’m probably a little less skeptical overall.

                        GLP-1s are obviously in a different league evidence-wise, but KLOW and Cartalax have given me changes noticeable enough that I personally can’t throw them into the “whatever” category. MOTS-C is newer for me, and I’m still figuring that one out, but the cardio/energy side has definitely caught my attention.

                        That’s actually why I like hearing from people who’ve been messing with these for a couple years though. Separating the genuinely useful stuff from the expensive placebo is half the battle 😂

                        D 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • JRatJ JRat

                          KLOW: Total game-changer for my skin. Years of slamming energy drinks completely wrecked my gut, which was showing up on my face and random bug bites from camping not healing as fast. For me, KLOW was the missing puzzle piece(needless to say, the energy drinks are gone for good).

                          RETA: Sort of shocked me by melting off a stubborn 20 lbs way faster than anticipated over this past spring/summer.

                          Semax (Currently Taking once a day): Picked this up to help with learning a new language. I honestly didn't expect a massive jump, but Anki deck output skyrocketed from just 10 vocab cards a week to comfortably pushing 40. Not bad with all the other things I've got going on.

                          J Offline
                          J Offline
                          Juliano546
                          wrote last edited by
                          #12

                          @JRat KLOW seems to keep popping up in this thread 😂 Definitely been one of my standouts too, especially on the skin/gut side. Reta... yeah, that one almost feels like cheating at this point 🤣.

                          But that Semax experience really caught my attention. Going from 10 to 40 vocab cards a week while specifically using it for learning is exactly the kind of measurable before/after experience I was hoping people would share.

                          I’ve run Adamax before and felt pretty damn good on it — had me feeling a little Limitless at times 😂. Funny enough, I’ve got Semax 10 + Selank 10 showing up tomorrow. Given my experience with Adamax and all the good things I’ve heard people report with Selank, I figured why not give the combo a run and see what I notice.

                          Sounds like we’re definitely comparing notes on a few of these 😂.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • R randallchampion

                            Tesa/Ipa, Semax/Selank

                            The Tesa/Ipa combo has helped so much with maintaining my body composition and shedding fat around my midsection while using GLP-1s. Bonus side effect is that I sleep better! I haven't found a downside to it yet.

                            I honestly didn't expect much from the Semax/Selank combo. Tried it because I'm always down to try something that will improve focus and mood. I feel like a Teflon coated bullet when I take it. My focus and energy are improved but I'm also less on edge. I've never taken anything else that has a stimulant effect without increasing my anxiety.

                            J Offline
                            J Offline
                            Juliano546
                            wrote last edited by
                            #13

                            @DarkStar Okay now you guys are making me even more excited for tomorrow 😂. I’ve got Semax/Selank arriving tomorrow, and hearing “Teflon-coated bullet” might be the best description/review I’ve seen yet 🤣.

                            I’ve run Adamax before and really enjoyed the focus and mental clarity—gave me a little Limitless feeling—so I’m especially curious to see what adding that calmer Selank side feels like. Improved focus and energy without feeling more on edge is exactly what I’m hoping to notice.

                            Tesa/Ipa keeps popping up too… apparently this thread is just going to cost me money. 😂

                            M ResearchCatR 2 Replies Last reply
                            1
                            • Mr SmurfM Mr Smurf

                              Tesamorelin. I don't really know what i expected out of it, maybe just a little help, but when I started that my little weight loss journey became a weight loss speed run. I was not ready for how good it was going to be.

                              J Offline
                              J Offline
                              Juliano546
                              wrote last edited by
                              #14

                              @Mr-Smurf That’s one hell of an endorsement for Tesa 😂. “Weight-loss journey became a weight-loss speed run” definitely qualifies for the didn’t expect much, got way more than expected category.

                              I’ve thought about giving Tesa a run myself. Did you experience any water retention while using it? If so, was it pretty mild or enough to actually be bothersome? That’s probably been my biggest hesitation with trying it.

                              Mr SmurfM R 2 Replies Last reply
                              0
                              • H HockeyRat

                                MT2, awesome tan, definite boost in libido, haven't noticed much in the way of appetite suppression.
                                DSIP, noticeable difference in deep sleep.
                                SEMAX and SELANK (nasal form), I was initially very underwhelmed by the results from pinning these two but the nasal delivery has completely changed my opinion.
                                I would say Reta but I had high expectations and it delivered as expected.

                                J Offline
                                J Offline
                                Juliano546
                                wrote last edited by
                                #15

                                @HockeyRat Now THAT is interesting. Nasal is actually the only route I’ve used with this family so far. I’ve run Adamax nasally and really enjoyed the mental clarity, so I’ve got Semax/Selank arriving tomorrow and I’m excited to see how the combo compares. Hearing that you pinned them first, were underwhelmed, then switched to nasal and completely changed your opinion makes me even more interested in the delivery difference.

                                I also gotta ask the MT2 question 😂 — any concerns about the melanoma/cancer discussion surrounding it? It seems to be rumored pretty heavily at this point, but when I’ve looked into it I haven’t found research actually establishing that MT2 causes melanoma. I have seen case reports involving melanoma and changes/darkening of existing moles after MT2 use, though. Curious what your take is and whether that concern changed how you approached it.

                                And 😂 at Reta — “high expectations and delivered as expected” pretty much sums that one up perfectly.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                1
                                • J Juliano546

                                  @Mr-Smurf That’s one hell of an endorsement for Tesa 😂. “Weight-loss journey became a weight-loss speed run” definitely qualifies for the didn’t expect much, got way more than expected category.

                                  I’ve thought about giving Tesa a run myself. Did you experience any water retention while using it? If so, was it pretty mild or enough to actually be bothersome? That’s probably been my biggest hesitation with trying it.

                                  Mr SmurfM Offline
                                  Mr SmurfM Offline
                                  Mr Smurf
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @Juliano546 no. Literally the only side effect I got was greatness. I ran it from .75 solo all the way to 2.0 with .3 ipa, no swelling no water retention just blast furnace level lipolysis and a visceral fat score of 1 or 2 on inbody depending on what day it is. Ive moved on to the big job juice (gh, also zero sides so far at 2.5iu), but tesa holds a special place in my heart

                                  J 1 Reply Last reply
                                  4
                                  • J Juliano546

                                    @DarkStar Okay now you guys are making me even more excited for tomorrow 😂. I’ve got Semax/Selank arriving tomorrow, and hearing “Teflon-coated bullet” might be the best description/review I’ve seen yet 🤣.

                                    I’ve run Adamax before and really enjoyed the focus and mental clarity—gave me a little Limitless feeling—so I’m especially curious to see what adding that calmer Selank side feels like. Improved focus and energy without feeling more on edge is exactly what I’m hoping to notice.

                                    Tesa/Ipa keeps popping up too… apparently this thread is just going to cost me money. 😂

                                    M Offline
                                    M Offline
                                    mary
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @Juliano546 said:

                                    apparently this thread is just going to cost me money. 😂

                                    lol...story of my life!

                                    Let us know which is your favorite when you are finished with your research.

                                    J 1 Reply Last reply
                                    1
                                    • D dispensarysupport

                                      Been messing with a ton of them for about 2.5yrs now. I believe most are largely placebo and people just wanting to have more out of things.

                                      GLP1s, HGH, Tesa/Ipa, and i kiiiiiinda think MOTS-C but not really sure. Im pretty dialed in across the board.

                                      Nothing works better than having your hormones dialed in and your T levels in that sweet spot of 850-1200 and then a good GLP1 and 2ius of GH every night.

                                      Its the trinity. Everything else is just......whatever

                                      hunt_akH Offline
                                      hunt_akH Offline
                                      hunt_ak
                                      wrote last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @dispensarysupport said:

                                      Been messing with a ton of them for about 2.5yrs now. I believe most are largely placebo and people just wanting to have more out of things.

                                      GLP1s, HGH, Tesa/Ipa, and i kiiiiiinda think MOTS-C but not really sure. Im pretty dialed in across the board.

                                      Nothing works better than having your hormones dialed in and your T levels in that sweet spot of 850-1200 and then a good GLP1 and 2ius of GH every night.

                                      Its the trinity. Everything else is just......whatever

                                      While I am starting to agree with this sentiment, I'm still trying and testing a bunch of stuff.

                                      GLP's, GH, GHRH analogs (redundant if taking GH), KLOW, and MT1/MT2 have all been serious hitters from a outcome standpoint. MOTS-C is going to be a staple for me moving forward for now. Hey, if its banned by WADA, then it's probably worthwhile 🙂

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      2
                                      • D dispensarysupport

                                        Been messing with a ton of them for about 2.5yrs now. I believe most are largely placebo and people just wanting to have more out of things.

                                        GLP1s, HGH, Tesa/Ipa, and i kiiiiiinda think MOTS-C but not really sure. Im pretty dialed in across the board.

                                        Nothing works better than having your hormones dialed in and your T levels in that sweet spot of 850-1200 and then a good GLP1 and 2ius of GH every night.

                                        Its the trinity. Everything else is just......whatever

                                        ResearchCatR Online
                                        ResearchCatR Online
                                        ResearchCat
                                        wrote last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @dispensarysupport said:

                                        Been messing with a ton of them for about 2.5yrs now. I believe most are largely placebo and people just wanting to have more out of things.

                                        My working hypothesis is that they are not so much placebos as they instigate or catalyze the lifestyle change that result in the desired outcomes.

                                        Most people probably take too many (not unique to peptides), but hopefully settle into a stack like yours.

                                        A lot of the reading I’ve done supports the ‘fix your sleep and your diet and 99% of your problems go away’ hypothesis. But there is still a place for peps, and used correctly, they’re amazing.

                                        Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                                        If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                                        D 1 Reply Last reply
                                        1
                                        • J Juliano546

                                          @DarkStar Okay now you guys are making me even more excited for tomorrow 😂. I’ve got Semax/Selank arriving tomorrow, and hearing “Teflon-coated bullet” might be the best description/review I’ve seen yet 🤣.

                                          I’ve run Adamax before and really enjoyed the focus and mental clarity—gave me a little Limitless feeling—so I’m especially curious to see what adding that calmer Selank side feels like. Improved focus and energy without feeling more on edge is exactly what I’m hoping to notice.

                                          Tesa/Ipa keeps popping up too… apparently this thread is just going to cost me money. 😂

                                          ResearchCatR Online
                                          ResearchCatR Online
                                          ResearchCat
                                          wrote last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @Juliano546 said:

                                          @DarkStar Okay now you guys are making me even more excited for tomorrow 😂. I’ve got Semax/Selank arriving tomorrow,

                                          Based on your last 53 posts on this thread, I thought you were already using them. 🤣😉

                                          Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

                                          If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

                                          J 1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups