Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Results & Lifestyle
  3. SS-31 Virgins. If it's your first time taking SS-31, please post.
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

SS-31 Virgins. If it's your first time taking SS-31, please post.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Results & Lifestyle
74 Posts 24 Posters 3.1k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • E Online
    E Online
    Eleanor
    wrote on last edited by Eleanor
    #21

    What I'm learning about SS-31:

    There are researchers who ask if it's worth the price, or say it's not working, and a myriad of other things. Let me just say that IMO, if you're under 50 yoa and NOT mito compromised with chemotherapy or heavy antibiotic or anti protozoan treatment, etc. it is NOT worth it.

    Quite frankly, you just might need some NAD+ (buffered), if your diet is wrong, or, you're stressing yourself in some way. It will take 2 to 4 weeks to really tell if you take it every other day.

    SS31 - Most 'community' protocols advocate up to 8 weeks daily, I beg to differ; it's closer to 12 to 16 weeks. I'm on week 9 now and plan to take the 12-16 weeks. The fact is, I might not know how well it's worked, or worked at all until I stop the protocol and just stay with NAD+BUFFERED (can't stress that enough). Time is the factor, as well as a reasonable dose, which does not mean 10+mg or 40mg. TIME is the factor that most people are not giving some of these peps. Depending upon your body weight, I would not go over 4mg daily; you don't need to do that and it's expensive. TIME is the factor with SS31, maybe Cartalax and others; maybe a bit sooner, but not much.

    Please do NOT take MOTS-C with SS-31; wait until your done, else you're just muddying the waters and can't be sure if the SS31 worked for you or not. I know that's counter to what's written, but you're just wasting money, time and will eventually claim SS31 doesn't work, which might not be true. I am thoroughly convinced that time is the factor. 12 to 16 weeks. Yes, you can take some 'helper peps'; TA-1 is good, as it's thymus related and might help. NAD+ is good. Again, after you stop at the end of the protocol time is when you'll really find out what's worked.

    A few things I'd definitely take along with helper peps (if you so choose) is a complete vit. C and a METHYLATED complete vit. B. Do not take unmethylated B; no 'cyano' anything, no folic acid, it needs to be methylfolate.

    I will always take NAD+. I didn't think it would work at first, but after the 2nd week, what a difference it made, but I am (hopefully 'was') pretty mito compromised, so, will see.

    12 to 16 weeks, otherwise, it's a waste. I will honestly let you know if I think SS-31 has done anything for me a month or so after stopping, but I'm convinced...It takes a longer duration than the popular protocols state.

    Make of this what you will.

    Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

    S O 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • pep_researcherP Offline
      pep_researcherP Offline
      pep_researcher
      wrote on last edited by
      #22

      Didn't go over the thread but just wanted to post personal experience — ran 2mg for around 2.5 months. Nothing nada. Money, BAC, noodles down the drain. lol

      E 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • pep_researcherP pep_researcher

        Didn't go over the thread but just wanted to post personal experience — ran 2mg for around 2.5 months. Nothing nada. Money, BAC, noodles down the drain. lol

        E Online
        E Online
        Eleanor
        wrote on last edited by
        #23

        @pep_researcher said:

        Didn't go over the thread but just wanted to post personal experience — ran 2mg for around 2.5 months. Nothing nada. Money, BAC, noodles down the drain. lol

        10 weeks? Okay, you probably didn't need the mito rebuild.

        Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

        pep_researcherP 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • E Eleanor

          @pep_researcher said:

          Didn't go over the thread but just wanted to post personal experience — ran 2mg for around 2.5 months. Nothing nada. Money, BAC, noodles down the drain. lol

          10 weeks? Okay, you probably didn't need the mito rebuild.

          pep_researcherP Offline
          pep_researcherP Offline
          pep_researcher
          wrote on last edited by
          #24

          @Eleanor LOL yeah I figured it after enough money and resources down the drain.

          E 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • pep_researcherP pep_researcher

            @Eleanor LOL yeah I figured it after enough money and resources down the drain.

            E Online
            E Online
            Eleanor
            wrote on last edited by
            #25

            @pep_researcher said:

            @Eleanor LOL yeah I figured it after enough money and resources down the drain.

            I don't think it was down the drain at all; maybe too short a duration and a bunch of other peps mixed in, but maybe you learned something, IDK.

            Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • E Eleanor

              What I'm learning about SS-31:

              There are researchers who ask if it's worth the price, or say it's not working, and a myriad of other things. Let me just say that IMO, if you're under 50 yoa and NOT mito compromised with chemotherapy or heavy antibiotic or anti protozoan treatment, etc. it is NOT worth it.

              Quite frankly, you just might need some NAD+ (buffered), if your diet is wrong, or, you're stressing yourself in some way. It will take 2 to 4 weeks to really tell if you take it every other day.

              SS31 - Most 'community' protocols advocate up to 8 weeks daily, I beg to differ; it's closer to 12 to 16 weeks. I'm on week 9 now and plan to take the 12-16 weeks. The fact is, I might not know how well it's worked, or worked at all until I stop the protocol and just stay with NAD+BUFFERED (can't stress that enough). Time is the factor, as well as a reasonable dose, which does not mean 10+mg or 40mg. TIME is the factor that most people are not giving some of these peps. Depending upon your body weight, I would not go over 4mg daily; you don't need to do that and it's expensive. TIME is the factor with SS31, maybe Cartalax and others; maybe a bit sooner, but not much.

              Please do NOT take MOTS-C with SS-31; wait until your done, else you're just muddying the waters and can't be sure if the SS31 worked for you or not. I know that's counter to what's written, but you're just wasting money, time and will eventually claim SS31 doesn't work, which might not be true. I am thoroughly convinced that time is the factor. 12 to 16 weeks. Yes, you can take some 'helper peps'; TA-1 is good, as it's thymus related and might help. NAD+ is good. Again, after you stop at the end of the protocol time is when you'll really find out what's worked.

              A few things I'd definitely take along with helper peps (if you so choose) is a complete vit. C and a METHYLATED complete vit. B. Do not take unmethylated B; no 'cyano' anything, no folic acid, it needs to be methylfolate.

              I will always take NAD+. I didn't think it would work at first, but after the 2nd week, what a difference it made, but I am (hopefully 'was') pretty mito compromised, so, will see.

              12 to 16 weeks, otherwise, it's a waste. I will honestly let you know if I think SS-31 has done anything for me a month or so after stopping, but I'm convinced...It takes a longer duration than the popular protocols state.

              Make of this what you will.

              S Offline
              S Offline
              SkepticJen
              wrote on last edited by
              #26

              @Eleanor All interesting! I don't understand why you're saying no MOTS at the same time. Of course it muddies the water, but as soon as you stack anything that happens, correct? The same could be said of SS-31 & NAD+ if I'm understanding what you're saying. And there's no test to show that the SS-31 is working anyway - so why wouldn't you use them both?

              E 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • S SkepticJen

                @Eleanor All interesting! I don't understand why you're saying no MOTS at the same time. Of course it muddies the water, but as soon as you stack anything that happens, correct? The same could be said of SS-31 & NAD+ if I'm understanding what you're saying. And there's no test to show that the SS-31 is working anyway - so why wouldn't you use them both?

                E Online
                E Online
                Eleanor
                wrote on last edited by
                #27

                @SkepticJen I started NAD long before SS31, so I know the effects of it; I was giving it as an example. If you've been taking MOTS-C long enough to where you can recognize any changes, then more power to you. I can't function well enough to hold a full time job without NAD+ and cannot say the same about MOTS-C. Do what you think best; I'm just trying to give you a way to honestly assess if SS-31 does a thing for you.

                Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                S 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • E Eleanor

                  @SkepticJen I started NAD long before SS31, so I know the effects of it; I was giving it as an example. If you've been taking MOTS-C long enough to where you can recognize any changes, then more power to you. I can't function well enough to hold a full time job without NAD+ and cannot say the same about MOTS-C. Do what you think best; I'm just trying to give you a way to honestly assess if SS-31 does a thing for you.

                  S Offline
                  S Offline
                  SkepticJen
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #28

                  @Eleanor Oh I'm absolutely not trying to argue! Just want to understand the thinking behind dosing, why some do different protocols, etc. I'm loving all the research but often feel like I'm shooting in the dark. I added NAD to counter Reta fatigue. Then SS-31 when I learned about it (certainly my mitochondria are shot) and then MOTS after. Just been fiddling with dosage and timing based on energy levels. I'm sorry you need NAD just for normal life - I'm sure that's difficult.

                  E 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • S Offline
                    S Offline
                    Shaqdiesel
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #29

                    Just finished my first 2 weeks of SS-31 @4mg a day. I can't say as I feel much different but I will stick with it for at least 8 weeks, if not 12. I have used several cycles of MOTS and I'll probably add that is after around 4 weeks of SS-31.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • S SkepticJen

                      @Eleanor Oh I'm absolutely not trying to argue! Just want to understand the thinking behind dosing, why some do different protocols, etc. I'm loving all the research but often feel like I'm shooting in the dark. I added NAD to counter Reta fatigue. Then SS-31 when I learned about it (certainly my mitochondria are shot) and then MOTS after. Just been fiddling with dosage and timing based on energy levels. I'm sorry you need NAD just for normal life - I'm sure that's difficult.

                      E Online
                      E Online
                      Eleanor
                      wrote on last edited by Eleanor
                      #30

                      @SkepticJen @shaqdiesel Jen, not trying to argue here either. Just for context, the Tirz fatigued me so bad, I could barely function and friend suggested NAD IM from Dr. down the street. Didn't like the affect at first (tight neck/slight headache) but after 2nd week, everything came alive. (Time really matters!) Dr. costs too much, so ordered NEXAPH and DIY. NAD told me my mitos still functioning but not getting enough food. Question: Are mitos damaged and how much damage? Repairable? Enter SS31. I did not add MOTS-C (which I have) bc it would be impossible to gauge which pep is affecting me. Just sayin' you will probably never know which pep is working, if at all, with anything else mito-centered that expends their energy mixed in, and time is a key factor, that's all. Another thought on this is, if you're going to add another pep, add something that helps strengthen the mitos, such as TA-1 or similar and not something like MOTS-C that's making them expend energy. Just sayin'.

                      I'm going the full 16 weeks and will know more after I've stopped protocol for a month/6 weeks. Remembering that all results are temporary. The question is how long?

                      Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                      S 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • E Eleanor

                        @SkepticJen @shaqdiesel Jen, not trying to argue here either. Just for context, the Tirz fatigued me so bad, I could barely function and friend suggested NAD IM from Dr. down the street. Didn't like the affect at first (tight neck/slight headache) but after 2nd week, everything came alive. (Time really matters!) Dr. costs too much, so ordered NEXAPH and DIY. NAD told me my mitos still functioning but not getting enough food. Question: Are mitos damaged and how much damage? Repairable? Enter SS31. I did not add MOTS-C (which I have) bc it would be impossible to gauge which pep is affecting me. Just sayin' you will probably never know which pep is working, if at all, with anything else mito-centered that expends their energy mixed in, and time is a key factor, that's all. Another thought on this is, if you're going to add another pep, add something that helps strengthen the mitos, such as TA-1 or similar and not something like MOTS-C that's making them expend energy. Just sayin'.

                        I'm going the full 16 weeks and will know more after I've stopped protocol for a month/6 weeks. Remembering that all results are temporary. The question is how long?

                        S Offline
                        S Offline
                        Stevepep
                        wrote on last edited by Stevepep
                        #31

                        @Eleanor I dub this the Eleanor protocol. Makes sense. I have people tell me all the time I am taking 8-9-10 shots a day and I think how can you know what’s working why not cycle, do blood work and get real answers. Do a couple at a time that are geared towards what you are looking for. Energy, longevity, weight loss, sleep, performance etc and then measure results. All the tools are available, the response I feel great is not enough you may feel great on 3 products instead of 10.

                        E finocchiaF 2 Replies Last reply
                        2
                        • S Offline
                          S Offline
                          Shaqdiesel
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #32

                          It is blood work and body scan day for me today!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          1
                          • S Stevepep

                            @Eleanor I dub this the Eleanor protocol. Makes sense. I have people tell me all the time I am taking 8-9-10 shots a day and I think how can you know what’s working why not cycle, do blood work and get real answers. Do a couple at a time that are geared towards what you are looking for. Energy, longevity, weight loss, sleep, performance etc and then measure results. All the tools are available, the response I feel great is not enough you may feel great on 3 products instead of 10.

                            E Online
                            E Online
                            Eleanor
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #33

                            @Stevepep Just trying to convey what I feel pretty sure is going on. We've had instant gratification so ingrained into our psyche that it seems to extend to everything. I tell you what, Lyme Disease and the tx available at the time changed my view of all that completely; esp. since insurance would not pay for it. What Dr.'s tried to load me up with was ungodly and I'm convinced the reason I'm alive at all, much less functional as I am is because I refused their methodology. I have 2 bedside tables filled with pill bottles, just like a cancer pt. would have. It was a horrible experience, but I learned... I learned.

                            Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                            S 1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • E Eleanor

                              @Stevepep Just trying to convey what I feel pretty sure is going on. We've had instant gratification so ingrained into our psyche that it seems to extend to everything. I tell you what, Lyme Disease and the tx available at the time changed my view of all that completely; esp. since insurance would not pay for it. What Dr.'s tried to load me up with was ungodly and I'm convinced the reason I'm alive at all, much less functional as I am is because I refused their methodology. I have 2 bedside tables filled with pill bottles, just like a cancer pt. would have. It was a horrible experience, but I learned... I learned.

                              S Offline
                              S Offline
                              Stevepep
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #34

                              @Eleanor These are life changing thats for sure. I think people go all in way too quickly without a complete understanding. Great Work!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              1
                              • S Stevepep

                                @Eleanor I dub this the Eleanor protocol. Makes sense. I have people tell me all the time I am taking 8-9-10 shots a day and I think how can you know what’s working why not cycle, do blood work and get real answers. Do a couple at a time that are geared towards what you are looking for. Energy, longevity, weight loss, sleep, performance etc and then measure results. All the tools are available, the response I feel great is not enough you may feel great on 3 products instead of 10.

                                finocchiaF Offline
                                finocchiaF Offline
                                finocchia
                                wrote on last edited by finocchia
                                #35

                                @Stevepep I always throw everything I can onto a problem and hope that something works. I do this a lot; it's hard to tease out side effects or know what's actually helping. About the time I started microdosing Tirz (for RA inflammation, metabolic benefits) I started low-dose Naltrexone (LDN). And while I understood I might experience some anhedonia on Tirz, I eventually had to stop LDN (even .25 mg) after a month, or else I would have been hospitalized for suicidal ideation. My poor spouse was afraid to leave me alone! It's absurd that I thought I could push through any side effects because others had. And maybe it was the combo of tirz and LDN?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • E Eleanor

                                  Given the video I posted in this section about Mitochondria, I rearranged my pep starting schedule to start SS-31 tonight. As someone who had advanced Lyme Disease, it's known that my mitos are not in good shape and I'm not fond of previous 'suggestions', esp. from physicians.

                                  Rat hit 500mcg in the hip about 1.5 hours ago and I'm trying to track what changes, if any, might occur. Taking NAD+ buf 20mg. (cut back from regular dose) just as support. No MOTS-C yet; not for some time. No Cartalax reload, which makes me nervous but will have to see how it goes.

                                  If you're someone who's just started SS-31 FOR THE FIRST TIME, please let us know your experiences. Let's hope we see some great results.

                                  This thread to be continued until whenever...

                                  C Online
                                  C Online
                                  charlescoyle
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #36

                                  @Eleanor I started SS-31 1.5 mg daily in the AM empty stomach about 5 days ago. And I've no issues whatsoever. I also research Reta 4Mg every 5 days and Tirz 2.5mg every week. I'm about to add AOD-9604 as well as MOTc. But yeah I feel great running the SS-31

                                  E 1 Reply Last reply
                                  1
                                  • C charlescoyle

                                    @Eleanor I started SS-31 1.5 mg daily in the AM empty stomach about 5 days ago. And I've no issues whatsoever. I also research Reta 4Mg every 5 days and Tirz 2.5mg every week. I'm about to add AOD-9604 as well as MOTc. But yeah I feel great running the SS-31

                                    E Online
                                    E Online
                                    Eleanor
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #37

                                    @charlescoyle Great to hear that it's helping you! How long do you plan to run it?

                                    Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • C Online
                                      C Online
                                      charlescoyle
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #38

                                      At least a month probably two. Honestly, I think it's going great. I think the longer I run the more effective the MOTc will be. Dr Ashley, has some great videos. As well as Dr. Jones. One, I think Jones likened SS-31 to repairing an engine. And then adding the MOTc would be like supercharging it lol. It was a helpful metaphor.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • quicksilver80Q quicksilver80

                                        Its like getting a lapdance from a ghost. You might have hallucinated all of it actually doing anything at all. And all youre left with is missing half your billfold

                                        E Online
                                        E Online
                                        Eleanor
                                        wrote on last edited by Eleanor
                                        #39

                                        @quicksilver80 said:

                                        Its like getting a lapdance from a ghost. You might have hallucinated all of it actually doing anything at all. And all youre left with is missing half your billfold

                                        LOL! I am more and more inclined to agree with you. Fortunately, I did not break the bank account with this one. About 2/3's thru now and will know more when it's stopped altogether. Question: How much if any permanent damage to the mitos? If not severe then NAD+ took care of it. If minor damage, SS31 helped it. Will see.

                                        Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • E Eleanor

                                          Given the video I posted in this section about Mitochondria, I rearranged my pep starting schedule to start SS-31 tonight. As someone who had advanced Lyme Disease, it's known that my mitos are not in good shape and I'm not fond of previous 'suggestions', esp. from physicians.

                                          Rat hit 500mcg in the hip about 1.5 hours ago and I'm trying to track what changes, if any, might occur. Taking NAD+ buf 20mg. (cut back from regular dose) just as support. No MOTS-C yet; not for some time. No Cartalax reload, which makes me nervous but will have to see how it goes.

                                          If you're someone who's just started SS-31 FOR THE FIRST TIME, please let us know your experiences. Let's hope we see some great results.

                                          This thread to be continued until whenever...

                                          Snake PepskinS Offline
                                          Snake PepskinS Offline
                                          Snake Pepskin
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #40

                                          @Eleanor my Rat is on 4mg/day. Week 2. It's not an instant response pep, but I definitely noticed a boost in energy. I'm incorporating Mots C in the next week or two. I might also add NAD, or just niacin. Haven't decided on that.

                                          “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
                                          It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          1

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups