Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Results & Lifestyle
  3. SS-31 Virgins. If it's your first time taking SS-31, please post.
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

SS-31 Virgins. If it's your first time taking SS-31, please post.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Results & Lifestyle
74 Posts 24 Posters 3.1k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • E Online
    E Online
    Eleanor
    wrote last edited by Eleanor
    #41

    Over a month on 4mg/day also. Got a slight boost but not worth the price of it; at least, so far. Dropping back to every other day or every 2 days. However, I did get a nice boost with minimum dose MOTS-C right away and was already taking NAD+. Will continue NAD+ & MOTS-C daily. I don't know if the SS31 is worth it or not. Like I said, I'll continue, SS31 just not every day. I think it might require pretty large doses to make a very noticeable difference and I don't want to do that.

    Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • C coondogesq

      After considering the opinions, options and possibilities "out there", I decided the best course of research for me was an 8 week cycle with SS-31 moving up from 2-3mg, and coupled it with MOTS-C moving up from 1.5-3.5mg, and NAD+ at 50mg. As you may notice, I was more inclined to the pair SS-31 & MOTS-C vs stagger. After the cycle, my plan is to get updated blood work and go from there. I'm most like to switch to the CJC/Ipa cycle before going back for another SS-31 cycle later in the year.

      Q Offline
      Q Offline
      qsabes2
      wrote last edited by
      #42

      @coondogesq

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • D Offline
        D Offline
        damic
        wrote last edited by damic
        #43

        Just start SS-31 today. First does 4mg in the morning, empty stomach, not sure if that is really going to matter. Here is the plan, ensue comments:

        • SS-31 - Daily 4mg for 6 weeks
        • NAD+ 25mg Monday and Thursday for 2 weeks
          • increase to 50mg for 2 weeks, then 100mg for two weeks.
        E D 3 Replies Last reply
        1
        • D damic

          Just start SS-31 today. First does 4mg in the morning, empty stomach, not sure if that is really going to matter. Here is the plan, ensue comments:

          • SS-31 - Daily 4mg for 6 weeks
          • NAD+ 25mg Monday and Thursday for 2 weeks
            • increase to 50mg for 2 weeks, then 100mg for two weeks.
          E Online
          E Online
          Eleanor
          wrote last edited by Eleanor
          #44

          @damic
          I was on 4mg SS31 for about 10 wks, then backed off to every other day. Got somewhat of a bump up from it but still not sure. Let me know how it works for you in a couple weeks.
          NAD+ now at 40mg per day; think 100mg might be a waste but it's up to you. I might go to 50 sometime soon but no need at this time.
          I added MOTS-C and got a nice chub from it; still at low dose and haven't raised it.

          Wish you the best with your program. Do check in and let us know how it's working for you.

          Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • E Eleanor

            What I'm learning about SS-31:

            There are researchers who ask if it's worth the price, or say it's not working, and a myriad of other things. Let me just say that IMO, if you're under 50 yoa and NOT mito compromised with chemotherapy or heavy antibiotic or anti protozoan treatment, etc. it is NOT worth it.

            Quite frankly, you just might need some NAD+ (buffered), if your diet is wrong, or, you're stressing yourself in some way. It will take 2 to 4 weeks to really tell if you take it every other day.

            SS31 - Most 'community' protocols advocate up to 8 weeks daily, I beg to differ; it's closer to 12 to 16 weeks. I'm on week 9 now and plan to take the 12-16 weeks. The fact is, I might not know how well it's worked, or worked at all until I stop the protocol and just stay with NAD+BUFFERED (can't stress that enough). Time is the factor, as well as a reasonable dose, which does not mean 10+mg or 40mg. TIME is the factor that most people are not giving some of these peps. Depending upon your body weight, I would not go over 4mg daily; you don't need to do that and it's expensive. TIME is the factor with SS31, maybe Cartalax and others; maybe a bit sooner, but not much.

            Please do NOT take MOTS-C with SS-31; wait until your done, else you're just muddying the waters and can't be sure if the SS31 worked for you or not. I know that's counter to what's written, but you're just wasting money, time and will eventually claim SS31 doesn't work, which might not be true. I am thoroughly convinced that time is the factor. 12 to 16 weeks. Yes, you can take some 'helper peps'; TA-1 is good, as it's thymus related and might help. NAD+ is good. Again, after you stop at the end of the protocol time is when you'll really find out what's worked.

            A few things I'd definitely take along with helper peps (if you so choose) is a complete vit. C and a METHYLATED complete vit. B. Do not take unmethylated B; no 'cyano' anything, no folic acid, it needs to be methylfolate.

            I will always take NAD+. I didn't think it would work at first, but after the 2nd week, what a difference it made, but I am (hopefully 'was') pretty mito compromised, so, will see.

            12 to 16 weeks, otherwise, it's a waste. I will honestly let you know if I think SS-31 has done anything for me a month or so after stopping, but I'm convinced...It takes a longer duration than the popular protocols state.

            Make of this what you will.

            O Offline
            O Offline
            ogsteve
            wrote last edited by ogsteve
            #45

            I’ll comment on some community “protocol” bullshit. I got nothing out of it I could point to until AFTER I went above 5mg. Went rapidly to 10 after that and now I’m on 20mg/day. I CAN DEFINITELY TELL it’s working above 10mg. Don’t fall for the “well it takes a while to do its job and correct the system “. If you’ve already done a month below 10mg you have gotten things systemically as far as they can go at those levels.

            Hit that 10-20mg range and discover what this stuff will really do for you. Huge difference in effect.

            M S E 3 Replies Last reply
            4
            • O ogsteve

              I’ll comment on some community “protocol” bullshit. I got nothing out of it I could point to until AFTER I went above 5mg. Went rapidly to 10 after that and now I’m on 20mg/day. I CAN DEFINITELY TELL it’s working above 10mg. Don’t fall for the “well it takes a while to do its job and correct the system “. If you’ve already done a month below 10mg you have gotten things systemically as far as they can go at those levels.

              Hit that 10-20mg range and discover what this stuff will really do for you. Huge difference in effect.

              M Offline
              M Offline
              mary
              wrote last edited by
              #46

              @ogsteve

              I read some chatter about these wicked high doses from some bodybuilders a while back and was hoping someday to try 100mg. However, my first week on 5mg SS-31 was profound -- I could not mix it with caffeine!
              I think the community protocols are a good safety net for starting, but yeah, with peptides the operative word is individual "research."

              O 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • O ogsteve

                I’ll comment on some community “protocol” bullshit. I got nothing out of it I could point to until AFTER I went above 5mg. Went rapidly to 10 after that and now I’m on 20mg/day. I CAN DEFINITELY TELL it’s working above 10mg. Don’t fall for the “well it takes a while to do its job and correct the system “. If you’ve already done a month below 10mg you have gotten things systemically as far as they can go at those levels.

                Hit that 10-20mg range and discover what this stuff will really do for you. Huge difference in effect.

                S Offline
                S Offline
                SkepticJen
                wrote last edited by
                #47

                @ogsteve This is interesting, thanks for the input. I'm waiting on more ss-31 now, I did about 18 weeks on but never went above 3.5mg daily. Maybe I've noticed less energy while not taking, but also not sure. When I start again I'll try 5-10 next go round, after about a month off. I guess I'm pretty conservative (skeered?😵 )with all my dosing, except for NAD - I do 100 - 150 because I can certainly tell what that's doing.

                O 1 Reply Last reply
                2
                • O ogsteve

                  I’ll comment on some community “protocol” bullshit. I got nothing out of it I could point to until AFTER I went above 5mg. Went rapidly to 10 after that and now I’m on 20mg/day. I CAN DEFINITELY TELL it’s working above 10mg. Don’t fall for the “well it takes a while to do its job and correct the system “. If you’ve already done a month below 10mg you have gotten things systemically as far as they can go at those levels.

                  Hit that 10-20mg range and discover what this stuff will really do for you. Huge difference in effect.

                  E Online
                  E Online
                  Eleanor
                  wrote last edited by Eleanor
                  #48

                  @ogsteve Thanks for letting us know what's working for you. 5mg. for me is not out of the question; maybe a tad more. At this point, it's a matter of progress v. expense and the combo of NAD+ & MOTS-C has produced major improvement in energy. Could be that even smaller doses of SS31 were helpful in assisting with those mechanisms. Probably won't know for a while.

                  Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • J Offline
                    J Offline
                    Juliano546
                    wrote last edited by
                    #49

                    So iv3 started my first mitochondrial journey starting with ss31 at 5mg daily as we get closer to the end of that we will bridge to motsc then bridge to 5amino then get the nad+ going.

                    My ss31 experience has been very light but noticeable the first couple days me and my lady were exhausted by the 4th day I felt a bit of an uptick in energy, nothing insanely substantial. From my understanding ss31 helps to repair and renew cells so probably not much to notice but it is a great place to start on the mitochondrial repair path. At least this is what ive gathered so far

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • D damic

                      Just start SS-31 today. First does 4mg in the morning, empty stomach, not sure if that is really going to matter. Here is the plan, ensue comments:

                      • SS-31 - Daily 4mg for 6 weeks
                      • NAD+ 25mg Monday and Thursday for 2 weeks
                        • increase to 50mg for 2 weeks, then 100mg for two weeks.
                      D Offline
                      D Offline
                      damic
                      wrote last edited by
                      #50

                      Second day of SS-31 @ 4mg, not too much to notice. Little ichy, took some antihistamine. Took NAD+ @ 25mg. I did notice this, 24ui, red dot right away, felt stomach move with in 10minutes, and felt a kindof light headedness. This should be an interesting protocol

                      O 1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • M mary

                        @ogsteve

                        I read some chatter about these wicked high doses from some bodybuilders a while back and was hoping someday to try 100mg. However, my first week on 5mg SS-31 was profound -- I could not mix it with caffeine!
                        I think the community protocols are a good safety net for starting, but yeah, with peptides the operative word is individual "research."

                        O Offline
                        O Offline
                        ogsteve
                        wrote last edited by
                        #51

                        @mary lol. I noticed caffeine began to give me a real boost. First time in my life. It usually makes my stomach hurt and feel sick.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        1
                        • S SkepticJen

                          @ogsteve This is interesting, thanks for the input. I'm waiting on more ss-31 now, I did about 18 weeks on but never went above 3.5mg daily. Maybe I've noticed less energy while not taking, but also not sure. When I start again I'll try 5-10 next go round, after about a month off. I guess I'm pretty conservative (skeered?😵 )with all my dosing, except for NAD - I do 100 - 150 because I can certainly tell what that's doing.

                          O Offline
                          O Offline
                          ogsteve
                          wrote last edited by
                          #52

                          @SkepticJen I have not gone that for with nad yet myself. Skeered the same. Lol

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • D damic

                            Second day of SS-31 @ 4mg, not too much to notice. Little ichy, took some antihistamine. Took NAD+ @ 25mg. I did notice this, 24ui, red dot right away, felt stomach move with in 10minutes, and felt a kindof light headedness. This should be an interesting protocol

                            O Offline
                            O Offline
                            ogsteve
                            wrote last edited by
                            #53

                            @damic don’t let my comments to get to 10mg+ make you skip the titration up. That has real value and gives actionable feedback. It’s worth doing right.

                            D 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • E Online
                              E Online
                              Eleanor
                              wrote last edited by Eleanor
                              #54

                              SS31 going to the freezer after this vial is done. I've noticed that at this time, I do much better on days when I use NAD+, MOTS-C in AM and KPV in the evening. That's going to be my 3 for a while. Might add the rest of the TA-1 in the evening with KPV. The KPV has made a significant difference in the swelling & pain in my knee (0.750mcg).

                              Research on this thread has been very interesting and hope it continues. My best to everyone.

                              Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              1
                              • SwollStreetBetsS Online
                                SwollStreetBetsS Online
                                SwollStreetBets
                                wrote last edited by
                                #55

                                Got a 50mg kit of SS-31 coming, I tried a mini-run with a couple of 50mg vials earlier this year topping out at 5mg a day, results were subtle but I think it did help with energy. MOTS-C was the one I couldn't feel any benefit from, NAD+ on the other hand, burns through brain fog like a torch and gives a marked increase in my ability to handle long stressful days. I'm going to bump the SS up to 10mg this time then repeat the MOTSC run and see if anything changes. I'll keep running the NAD+ continuously, love that stuff.

                                E 1 Reply Last reply
                                2
                                • O ogsteve

                                  @damic don’t let my comments to get to 10mg+ make you skip the titration up. That has real value and gives actionable feedback. It’s worth doing right.

                                  D Offline
                                  D Offline
                                  damic
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #56

                                  @ogsteve of course! all input/information for folks experience is always welcomed in my view. And what we pin our rats with is our own bit. Thanks for your input buddy!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • SwollStreetBetsS SwollStreetBets

                                    Got a 50mg kit of SS-31 coming, I tried a mini-run with a couple of 50mg vials earlier this year topping out at 5mg a day, results were subtle but I think it did help with energy. MOTS-C was the one I couldn't feel any benefit from, NAD+ on the other hand, burns through brain fog like a torch and gives a marked increase in my ability to handle long stressful days. I'm going to bump the SS up to 10mg this time then repeat the MOTSC run and see if anything changes. I'll keep running the NAD+ continuously, love that stuff.

                                    E Online
                                    E Online
                                    Eleanor
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #57

                                    @SwollStreetBets
                                    I talked to my PCP yesterday who is pep friendly and she said that if even at low dose SS31 gave just a bump up, but NAD+ gave a big boost, there's probably nothing seriously wrong with the mitos, except that they're not getting enough fuel; likely because I'm a non-methylator (have MTHFR). The fact that MOTS-C is giving me a small boost on top of NAD+ means it's probably working off the methyl groups and to be careful. Another poster on here said same thing about MOTS-C using up methyl groups. I was taking a lot of methylated B vits and it was detoxing the hell out of me so might be MOTS-C could be utilizing the excess. I'm taking starting dose MOTS-C.

                                    Agree with you about NAD+! One of the greatest things since sliced bread! On my table, probably for life, along with KPV (0.750 mcg). Ahh, relief...

                                    Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                                    S 1 Reply Last reply
                                    1
                                    • E Eleanor

                                      @SwollStreetBets
                                      I talked to my PCP yesterday who is pep friendly and she said that if even at low dose SS31 gave just a bump up, but NAD+ gave a big boost, there's probably nothing seriously wrong with the mitos, except that they're not getting enough fuel; likely because I'm a non-methylator (have MTHFR). The fact that MOTS-C is giving me a small boost on top of NAD+ means it's probably working off the methyl groups and to be careful. Another poster on here said same thing about MOTS-C using up methyl groups. I was taking a lot of methylated B vits and it was detoxing the hell out of me so might be MOTS-C could be utilizing the excess. I'm taking starting dose MOTS-C.

                                      Agree with you about NAD+! One of the greatest things since sliced bread! On my table, probably for life, along with KPV (0.750 mcg). Ahh, relief...

                                      S Online
                                      S Online
                                      Shaqdiesel
                                      wrote last edited by Shaqdiesel
                                      #58

                                      @Eleanor Take 1000mg of TMG daily and with all of the NAD and mito work, urolithin A is also a good idea along with pqq and ibiquinol.

                                      E 1 Reply Last reply
                                      1
                                      • S Shaqdiesel

                                        @Eleanor Take 1000mg of TMG daily and with all of the NAD and mito work, urolithin A is also a good idea along with pqq and ibiquinol.

                                        E Online
                                        E Online
                                        Eleanor
                                        wrote last edited by Eleanor
                                        #59

                                        @Shaqdiesel No thanks. I'm missing over 5' of bowel and not stressing it. I feel fine and have no reason to change for the time being.

                                        Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • D damic

                                          Just start SS-31 today. First does 4mg in the morning, empty stomach, not sure if that is really going to matter. Here is the plan, ensue comments:

                                          • SS-31 - Daily 4mg for 6 weeks
                                          • NAD+ 25mg Monday and Thursday for 2 weeks
                                            • increase to 50mg for 2 weeks, then 100mg for two weeks.
                                          D Offline
                                          D Offline
                                          damic
                                          wrote last edited by
                                          #60

                                          6th day of SS-31, second pin of NAD+. One of the days i notice some reaction on the back shoulder, bumps, however might not be related, it was the first NAD+ day. I can tell you on the upper body day, recovery was easier. However today I was drained, and had to nap. I think I remember reading the first few weeks of SS-31 can be draining....I think this might be that. Will keep you all posted.

                                          M S 2 Replies Last reply
                                          2

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups