Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Results & Lifestyle
  3. SS-31 Virgins. If it's your first time taking SS-31, please post.
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

SS-31 Virgins. If it's your first time taking SS-31, please post.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Results & Lifestyle
74 Posts 24 Posters 3.1k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • D damic

    6th day of SS-31, second pin of NAD+. One of the days i notice some reaction on the back shoulder, bumps, however might not be related, it was the first NAD+ day. I can tell you on the upper body day, recovery was easier. However today I was drained, and had to nap. I think I remember reading the first few weeks of SS-31 can be draining....I think this might be that. Will keep you all posted.

    M Offline
    M Offline
    mary
    wrote last edited by
    #61

    @damic
    That is not good -- if you think it is the NAD+, maybe try it in supplement form to help with a differential diagnosis.

    D 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • D damic

      6th day of SS-31, second pin of NAD+. One of the days i notice some reaction on the back shoulder, bumps, however might not be related, it was the first NAD+ day. I can tell you on the upper body day, recovery was easier. However today I was drained, and had to nap. I think I remember reading the first few weeks of SS-31 can be draining....I think this might be that. Will keep you all posted.

      S Offline
      S Offline
      Stevepep
      wrote last edited by
      #62

      @damic I believe if your mitochondria are in bad shape SS-31 can initially cause some drowsiness and people can be lethargic. As they get repaired there is significant improvement. The bumps are concerning. Where did you buy your peptides from? Keep in mind everyone is different. We all react differently. What is right for one person may be wrong for another.

      D 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • M mary

        @damic
        That is not good -- if you think it is the NAD+, maybe try it in supplement form to help with a differential diagnosis.

        D Offline
        D Offline
        damic
        wrote last edited by
        #63

        @mary yeah, I was a bit concerned about the bumps as they came out of no where. However I do have alergic reactions to some stuff. And have been doing a lot of things, exercise, events in life. The bumps have pretty much gone away now, so were around for 3-4 days. The second NAD+ hasn't produce a similar reaction....so unknown.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • S Stevepep

          @damic I believe if your mitochondria are in bad shape SS-31 can initially cause some drowsiness and people can be lethargic. As they get repaired there is significant improvement. The bumps are concerning. Where did you buy your peptides from? Keep in mind everyone is different. We all react differently. What is right for one person may be wrong for another.

          D Offline
          D Offline
          damic
          wrote last edited by
          #64

          @Stevepep Understood. NAD+ and SS-31 are both from crush. Yeah its the start of it, so will see how it progresses. I will give SS-31 a couple of weeks. Not sure the state of my my mitochondria.....anyone know of a way to tell? I saw some videos of a test, but didn't see any place were the test was actively performed.

          S M 2 Replies Last reply
          0
          • D damic

            @Stevepep Understood. NAD+ and SS-31 are both from crush. Yeah its the start of it, so will see how it progresses. I will give SS-31 a couple of weeks. Not sure the state of my my mitochondria.....anyone know of a way to tell? I saw some videos of a test, but didn't see any place were the test was actively performed.

            S Offline
            S Offline
            Stevepep
            wrote last edited by
            #65

            @damic crush is fine so I think you can cross out where it came from as an issue. I am not aware of a single blood test it’s more a feeling and your level of physical activity. For me after a month of the cycle of SS31, NAD and Mots my energy level and performance increased significantly. Hard to say if it is coming from one of them on its own or if it’s the combination. Interestingly I recently switched to Motsc at a higher dose 3x per week and I feel even better.

            J 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • S Stevepep

              @damic crush is fine so I think you can cross out where it came from as an issue. I am not aware of a single blood test it’s more a feeling and your level of physical activity. For me after a month of the cycle of SS31, NAD and Mots my energy level and performance increased significantly. Hard to say if it is coming from one of them on its own or if it’s the combination. Interestingly I recently switched to Motsc at a higher dose 3x per week and I feel even better.

              J Offline
              J Offline
              JtCjEfF
              wrote last edited by
              #66

              @Stevepep and @damic My experience is much the same. I'm at ~8 weeks with SS-31 at 6mg daily. NAD+ started at the same time and titrated to 50mg daily until 2 weeks ago, now at 60mg mon/wed/fri. Good increase in energy for work and the gym, have also lowered caffeine in the same timeframe so this has offset that quite well.

              Added MOTS-C 10 days ago starting with a very low dose and just hit 3mg dose today. This has absolutely helped a ton with energy.

              I've been lucky enough to have zero ISR with SS-31 or MOTS-c. NAD+ isn't my friend if I don't use NACL Bac water.

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • D damic

                @Stevepep Understood. NAD+ and SS-31 are both from crush. Yeah its the start of it, so will see how it progresses. I will give SS-31 a couple of weeks. Not sure the state of my my mitochondria.....anyone know of a way to tell? I saw some videos of a test, but didn't see any place were the test was actively performed.

                M Offline
                M Offline
                mary
                wrote last edited by
                #67

                @damic

                If your mito are dysfunctional, you will have some level of fatigue and probably other problems as well. The timing and triggers of the fatigue can vary depending on what is affecting the mito. Here is a starting point if you want to explore which test would be best, but the tests are designed to identify problems, not to optimize an already healthy mitochondria.

                "Mitochondrial respiration rate is a central indicator of mitochondrial function and cellular energy and metabolism status, directly reflecting the activity of oxidative phosphorylation. Its key parameter is the oxygen consumption rate (OCR). A decreased OCR often suggests reduced mitochondrial function and impaired adenosine triphosphate energy production while an increased OCR points to elevated cellular metabolic activity. Detection methods for respiration rate fall into two main categories:

                Direct OCR Measurement:

                While traditional oxygen electrode methods are complex and automated analyzers can be costly, newer fluorescence-based assays compatible with standard microplate readers. Thus, it offers a simpler and more affordable alternative for assessing energy and metabolism."
                https://www.elabscience.com/resources/cell-metabolism-technical-topics/1954
                Test kits are listed at the end.

                D 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • M mary

                  @damic

                  If your mito are dysfunctional, you will have some level of fatigue and probably other problems as well. The timing and triggers of the fatigue can vary depending on what is affecting the mito. Here is a starting point if you want to explore which test would be best, but the tests are designed to identify problems, not to optimize an already healthy mitochondria.

                  "Mitochondrial respiration rate is a central indicator of mitochondrial function and cellular energy and metabolism status, directly reflecting the activity of oxidative phosphorylation. Its key parameter is the oxygen consumption rate (OCR). A decreased OCR often suggests reduced mitochondrial function and impaired adenosine triphosphate energy production while an increased OCR points to elevated cellular metabolic activity. Detection methods for respiration rate fall into two main categories:

                  Direct OCR Measurement:

                  While traditional oxygen electrode methods are complex and automated analyzers can be costly, newer fluorescence-based assays compatible with standard microplate readers. Thus, it offers a simpler and more affordable alternative for assessing energy and metabolism."
                  https://www.elabscience.com/resources/cell-metabolism-technical-topics/1954
                  Test kits are listed at the end.

                  D Offline
                  D Offline
                  damic
                  wrote last edited by
                  #68

                  @mary Thanks for the info @mary I will read up on this and see if I can find anything actionable.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • D Offline
                    D Offline
                    damic
                    wrote last edited by
                    #69

                    Took the weekend off of SS-31 and pin'd again today. I'm noticing getting more bruising from these injections. Using 4mm needles with these. Would a longer needle do better or is it related to the temp of the pep. Any suggestions? 9cc3d673e2b2.jpg

                    E O 2 Replies Last reply
                    1
                    • D damic

                      Took the weekend off of SS-31 and pin'd again today. I'm noticing getting more bruising from these injections. Using 4mm needles with these. Would a longer needle do better or is it related to the temp of the pep. Any suggestions? 9cc3d673e2b2.jpg

                      E Online
                      E Online
                      Eleanor
                      wrote last edited by
                      #70

                      @damic Are you using the NaCl BAC w/SS31? Works wonders!

                      Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                      D 1 Reply Last reply
                      2
                      • D damic

                        Took the weekend off of SS-31 and pin'd again today. I'm noticing getting more bruising from these injections. Using 4mm needles with these. Would a longer needle do better or is it related to the temp of the pep. Any suggestions? 9cc3d673e2b2.jpg

                        O Offline
                        O Offline
                        ogsteve
                        wrote last edited by
                        #71

                        @damic yes. I started with 4 then 6 now 8. 8 seems to be the winning combo on this. I do bruise from ss-31 myself but the longer needle and slow injection help. Also I will put some cortisol cream on it if it itches.

                        D 1 Reply Last reply
                        1
                        • E Eleanor

                          @damic Are you using the NaCl BAC w/SS31? Works wonders!

                          D Offline
                          D Offline
                          damic
                          wrote last edited by
                          #72

                          @Eleanor no, I will pick some up and give it a try on the next batch and let you know.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          1
                          • O ogsteve

                            @damic yes. I started with 4 then 6 now 8. 8 seems to be the winning combo on this. I do bruise from ss-31 myself but the longer needle and slow injection help. Also I will put some cortisol cream on it if it itches.

                            D Offline
                            D Offline
                            damic
                            wrote last edited by
                            #73

                            @ogsteve How long did you stay on each douse for?

                            O 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • D damic

                              @ogsteve How long did you stay on each douse for?

                              O Offline
                              O Offline
                              ogsteve
                              wrote last edited by
                              #74

                              @damic pinned 1-3 the first week then onto 5 the second and third week the. Fourth moved to 9-11ish. Then stayed for a week or so. Then moved up towards 20 over the course of a week and just stayed there for another two weeks.

                              I stopped last week for no particular reason and it’s seems like I’m maintaining pretty well. Not as physically active this last week tho.

                              I’ll Prolly stay off it for a while or maybe hit a 15-20 if I feel like it would benefit me that day. Same for motsc. Only as needed for time being.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              Reply
                              • Reply as topic
                              Log in to reply
                              • Oldest to Newest
                              • Newest to Oldest
                              • Most Votes


                              • Login

                              • Login or register to search.
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              0
                              • Categories
                              • Recent
                              • Tags
                              • Popular
                              • World
                              • Users
                              • Groups