Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Peptide Discussion
  3. Vial rubber tops too hard to pierce
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Vial rubber tops too hard to pierce

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Peptide Discussion
researchingreconstitution
32 Posts 10 Posters 2.4k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • pep_researcherP pep_researcher

    @EXTROPIAN I'm sitting on a huge stockpile of ordinary noodles and vials so I'm unwilling to switch right now. Will consider in the future.

    But I agree it's a legit good option especially for precise dose measurement.

    EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
    EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
    EXTROPIAN
    wrote on last edited by EXTROPIAN
    #23

    @pep_researcher Or you can sacrifice one needle to punch a few holes in the rubber stopper Target area / Puncture site to soften it up.

    2M

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • E Eleanor

      @pep_researcher said:

      FWIW I had got some 2ml ALK vials. I transferred my reconned pep to it. ALK rubber stoppers are smooth like butter.

      So it's not about individual skill to pierce the vial. It ain't rocket science and I ain't RUO newb. Been researching for several months now and this problem didn't exist 6 months ago.

      The larger ALK vials are not smooth. They can be tough as a leather boot. I have lots of them and struggle getting the 23 through the stopper.

      pep_researcherP Offline
      pep_researcherP Offline
      pep_researcher
      wrote on last edited by pep_researcher
      #24

      @Eleanor how much larger? Like 20ml or 5ml?

      I actually have Ultra Spec not ALK. Have used 5ml and no issues with rubber stopper. Smooth like butter.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • E Offline
        E Offline
        Eleanor
        wrote on last edited by
        #25

        I have both types of vials and I don't have a problem with smaller needles for injection, only the mixing needles seem difficult.

        Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

        pep_researcherP 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • E Eleanor

          I have both types of vials and I don't have a problem with smaller needles for injection, only the mixing needles seem difficult.

          pep_researcherP Offline
          pep_researcherP Offline
          pep_researcher
          wrote on last edited by
          #26

          @Eleanor I'm confused so do you have a problem with the ALK vial rubber tops or not?

          If you do I was asking is it for specific vial size? 2ml, 5ml, 10ml, 20ml?

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • E Eleanor

            @Americanchild Got a link to that guide?

            AmericanchildA Offline
            AmericanchildA Offline
            Americanchild
            wrote on last edited by
            #27

            @Eleanor https://www.etsy.com/listing/1795081847/syringe-guide-reusable-peptide-vial

            E 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • AmericanchildA Americanchild

              @Eleanor https://www.etsy.com/listing/1795081847/syringe-guide-reusable-peptide-vial

              E Offline
              E Offline
              Eleanor
              wrote on last edited by
              #28

              @Americanchild Thanks much! Hoping to find something for 3, 5 & 10ml too. Don't know if they make them, yet.

              Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • AmericanchildA Offline
                AmericanchildA Offline
                Americanchild
                wrote on last edited by
                #29

                I would email the seller because he prints these himself.I would think that he would be able to come up with guides for the larger vials. I have a slight tremor from a medication that I take for neuropathy, and these guides have been a lifesaver.

                E 1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • AmericanchildA Americanchild

                  I would email the seller because he prints these himself.I would think that he would be able to come up with guides for the larger vials. I have a slight tremor from a medication that I take for neuropathy, and these guides have been a lifesaver.

                  E Offline
                  E Offline
                  Eleanor
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #30

                  @Americanchild It's not the caps in my case, it's the size of the needle. My 29G 5/16 goes through all of them like butter, no matter where they land, but the 23G 1.5" is a different matter. This is NOT your case, I get that, just me.

                  Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • AmericanchildA Offline
                    AmericanchildA Offline
                    Americanchild
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #31

                    Sorry I don't have a solution for that, but I understand the frustration.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
                      EXTROPIANE Do not disturb
                      EXTROPIAN
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #32

                      PRD2016InjectionPort401.png

                      Or you can use an injection-port with a Luer lock needle. You might be able to pull with a insulin needle.

                      2M

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • World
                      • Users
                      • Groups