Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Supplies, Mixing & Storage
  3. Hospira 0.9% Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride (30 mL)
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

Hospira 0.9% Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride (30 mL)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Supplies, Mixing & Storage
135 Posts 21 Posters 4.0k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • C Offline
    C Offline
    Commander
    wrote last edited by
    #41

    I tired that, it didn’t work for me…

    Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • E Online
      E Online
      Eleanor
      wrote last edited by Eleanor
      #42

      A big YES for SS-31. Pansy I am. Definitely works!
      @commander I see a number of protocols recommending salt BAC for MOTS-C. With all you must have stored, burn one and see. I bet it works...

      Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

      S C 2 Replies Last reply
      1
      • E Eleanor

        A big YES for SS-31. Pansy I am. Definitely works!
        @commander I see a number of protocols recommending salt BAC for MOTS-C. With all you must have stored, burn one and see. I bet it works...

        S Offline
        S Offline
        Stevepep
        wrote last edited by
        #43

        @Eleanor seems to be working for me on ss31 and motsc

        E 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • S Stevepep

          @Eleanor seems to be working for me on ss31 and motsc

          E Online
          E Online
          Eleanor
          wrote last edited by
          #44

          @Stevepep It's good drink!

          Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • C Commander

            @Randy said:

            @Stevepep if it works and you still feel the effect than all good 😊

            That is the real question, will it harm the peptides and not work

            Snake PepskinS Offline
            Snake PepskinS Offline
            Snake Pepskin
            wrote last edited by
            #45

            @Commander I know some people that do this, but from my research, I steer clear.

            Copper bound peptides can be problematic. Copper has a good chance of precipitating from the compound. This might or might not be visible in the solution. Free copper is toxic in the bloodstream.

            I would rather deal with the welt than the possibility of copper toxicity.

            “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
            It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

            S E 2 Replies Last reply
            2
            • N Offline
              N Offline
              Nuncles
              wrote last edited by Nuncles
              #46

              A few people that I trust on Telegram (they haven't steered me wrong yet) are swearing by mixing KPV with GHK-CU to avoid ISR. I ordered a kit of KPV to give it a try.

              B 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Snake PepskinS Snake Pepskin

                @Commander I know some people that do this, but from my research, I steer clear.

                Copper bound peptides can be problematic. Copper has a good chance of precipitating from the compound. This might or might not be visible in the solution. Free copper is toxic in the bloodstream.

                I would rather deal with the welt than the possibility of copper toxicity.

                S Offline
                S Offline
                Stevepep
                wrote last edited by
                #47

                @Snake-Pepskin hold on copper in ss31 and motsc. NACL is in just about every hospital IV administering medication.

                Snake PepskinS 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Snake PepskinS Offline
                  Snake PepskinS Offline
                  Snake Pepskin
                  wrote last edited by
                  #48

                  Funny enough SS31 and MOTS don’t bother me in the least as far as SIR. GHK kick my ass, I would love to find a better way.

                  “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
                  It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • S Stevepep

                    @Snake-Pepskin hold on copper in ss31 and motsc. NACL is in just about every hospital IV administering medication.

                    Snake PepskinS Offline
                    Snake PepskinS Offline
                    Snake Pepskin
                    wrote last edited by
                    #49

                    @Stevepep I.don’t quite get what you’re saying.

                    “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
                    It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

                    S 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Snake PepskinS Snake Pepskin

                      @Stevepep I.don’t quite get what you’re saying.

                      S Offline
                      S Offline
                      Stevepep
                      wrote last edited by
                      #50

                      @Snake-Pepskin We aren't using it in GHK-CU; we are using NACL BAC in SS31 and MOTS-C. There is no copper. NACL is commonly used in IVs in every hospital in the US.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • Snake PepskinS Snake Pepskin

                        @Commander I know some people that do this, but from my research, I steer clear.

                        Copper bound peptides can be problematic. Copper has a good chance of precipitating from the compound. This might or might not be visible in the solution. Free copper is toxic in the bloodstream.

                        I would rather deal with the welt than the possibility of copper toxicity.

                        E Online
                        E Online
                        Eleanor
                        wrote last edited by
                        #51

                        @Snake-Pepskin said:

                        Copper bound peptides can be problematic. Copper has a good chance of precipitating from the compound. This might or might not be visible in the solution. Free copper is toxic in the bloodstream.

                        I would rather deal with the welt than the possibility of copper toxicity.

                        Me as well.

                        Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                        S 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • E Eleanor

                          @Snake-Pepskin said:

                          Copper bound peptides can be problematic. Copper has a good chance of precipitating from the compound. This might or might not be visible in the solution. Free copper is toxic in the bloodstream.

                          I would rather deal with the welt than the possibility of copper toxicity.

                          Me as well.

                          S Offline
                          S Offline
                          Stevepep
                          wrote last edited by Stevepep
                          #52

                          I texted my Doc and he said NACL BAC all the way;

                          • He said it's used in compounded Semiglutide at their pharmacy. He said there is close to zero chance it would impact the peptide. So there you have it. He explained it's water and salt, which is an electrolyte (like, I didn't know that lol).

                          • He also said he wouldn't use it with copper formulations. He advised staying off of forums because you will open yourself up to a lot of misinformation. LOL

                          He sent me this:
                          Sodium chloride does not participate chemically with the peptide nor modify its sequence or structure under normal storage conditions from a note on compounding peptides for compounding pharmacies.

                          Zero ISR, no itching its a game changer for MOTSC. I took 5mg this morning and feel great. No need for hydrocortisone. Ya

                          Let the AI searches begin. Claude gonna be busy

                          Snake PepskinS 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • E Eleanor

                            A big YES for SS-31. Pansy I am. Definitely works!
                            @commander I see a number of protocols recommending salt BAC for MOTS-C. With all you must have stored, burn one and see. I bet it works...

                            C Offline
                            C Offline
                            Commander
                            wrote last edited by
                            #53

                            @Eleanor said:

                            A big YES for SS-31. Pansy I am. Definitely works!
                            @commander I see a number of protocols recommending salt BAC for MOTS-C. With all you must have stored, burn one and see. I bet it works...

                            I am definitely not worried about losing vials testing mixing it. My fear is somehow it will look fine but then not work. My stash is big enough to take a hit experimenting..

                            Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

                            S 1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • C Commander

                              @Eleanor said:

                              A big YES for SS-31. Pansy I am. Definitely works!
                              @commander I see a number of protocols recommending salt BAC for MOTS-C. With all you must have stored, burn one and see. I bet it works...

                              I am definitely not worried about losing vials testing mixing it. My fear is somehow it will look fine but then not work. My stash is big enough to take a hit experimenting..

                              S Offline
                              S Offline
                              Stevepep
                              wrote last edited by
                              #54

                              @Commander It works. See my post above; it does not alter the chemical composition, and I can tell you firsthand that I have been using it for three days now and still get the energy, etc feeling. I am using it with NAD now, MOTSC, and SS31. Compounding pharmacies use it on peptides.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • C Offline
                                C Offline
                                Commander
                                wrote last edited by
                                #55

                                Mine should be here this week, I am going to give it a try.
                                I wouldn’t usr it in KLOW..

                                Please excuse my typos. Small Phone & Bad Eyes

                                S 1 Reply Last reply
                                2
                                • C Commander

                                  Mine should be here this week, I am going to give it a try.
                                  I wouldn’t usr it in KLOW..

                                  S Offline
                                  S Offline
                                  Stevepep
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #56

                                  @Commander correct not with anything containing GHKCU

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  2
                                  • S Stevepep

                                    I texted my Doc and he said NACL BAC all the way;

                                    • He said it's used in compounded Semiglutide at their pharmacy. He said there is close to zero chance it would impact the peptide. So there you have it. He explained it's water and salt, which is an electrolyte (like, I didn't know that lol).

                                    • He also said he wouldn't use it with copper formulations. He advised staying off of forums because you will open yourself up to a lot of misinformation. LOL

                                    He sent me this:
                                    Sodium chloride does not participate chemically with the peptide nor modify its sequence or structure under normal storage conditions from a note on compounding peptides for compounding pharmacies.

                                    Zero ISR, no itching its a game changer for MOTSC. I took 5mg this morning and feel great. No need for hydrocortisone. Ya

                                    Let the AI searches begin. Claude gonna be busy

                                    Snake PepskinS Offline
                                    Snake PepskinS Offline
                                    Snake Pepskin
                                    wrote last edited by
                                    #57

                                    @Stevepep yeah, those guys on the forums are assholes! 🤣

                                    “Knowledge is the ultimate power.
                                    It’s not what you know that defines you, it’s that which you share, that defines you.”

                                    S 1 Reply Last reply
                                    3
                                    • E Online
                                      E Online
                                      Eleanor
                                      wrote last edited by
                                      #58

                                      And now, a prayer on this Labor Day:
                                      Dear Lord, please forgive our assholeness. Amen.

                                      Proud to be on a gubmint watch list

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      1
                                      • Snake PepskinS Snake Pepskin

                                        @Stevepep yeah, those guys on the forums are assholes! 🤣

                                        S Offline
                                        S Offline
                                        Stevepep
                                        wrote last edited by Stevepep
                                        #59

                                        @Snake-Pepskin I found that hysterical as well. I have gotten more useful information on here than from any other resource.

                                        It was nice to learn that’s what the compounding pharmacies use. After yesterday I was wondering am I screwing up. Good to learn I am not

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        1
                                        • J Offline
                                          J Offline
                                          jennn
                                          wrote last edited by
                                          #60

                                          I am very curious about this saline debate. So I asked AI about insulin. Insulin is the most common peptide known to man, so assuming the handling of lyophilized insulin can be generalized to other (non copper containing peptides), here’s what I learned.

                                          Lyophilized (freeze-dried) insulin powder is typically dissolved using sterile or bacteriostatic water (often with a very slight acidic adjustment like dilute hydrochloric acid to help it go into solution), and then further diluted or adjusted with saline or a buffer like PBS to reach a neutral, physiological pH before use.
                                          Insulin has very low solubility at a neutral pH, so protocols for dissolving dry insulin powder generally start with purified or sterile water adjusted to an acidic pH (around pH 2–3) to get the powder to fully dissolve.
                                          Once the insulin is fully dissolved in the acidic liquid, it is usually diluted and neutralized using normal saline (0.9% NaCl) or phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) to reach a physiological pH (~7.2–7.4) so it does not cause tissue irritation or pain upon injection.

                                          So I think it is safe to assume we still should be dissolving peptides in sterile water (maybe some in acetic acid with sterile water) and then diluting up with saline for comfort when injecting. This will make reconstitution a two step process and may not be feasible if your dilution volume is very small (ie low mg vial content).
                                          I think I will order some bac saline right now.

                                          J 1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups