Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Results & Lifestyle
  3. ResearchCat Peptide Adventures!
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

ResearchCat Peptide Adventures!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Results & Lifestyle
progress-logresearching
29 Posts 19 Posters 1.2k Views 4 Watching
ResearchCat Peptide Adventures! ResearchCat Peptide Adventures! ResearchCat Peptide Adventures!
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • D Offline
    D Offline
    davidbrown
    wrote last edited by
    #21

    @researchcat I still have a big nasty yellow bruise on my abdomen from last week's injection. I like the idea of transferring to a sterile vial. Per the instruction card in the repatha box the injection is supposed to take 15 seconds, but by my count it is 4 seconds.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ResearchCatR Online
      ResearchCatR Online
      ResearchCat
      wrote last edited by
      #22

      They tell you to hold it in for 15 seconds but yeah, it doesn’t take that long.

      Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

      If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • ResearchCatR ResearchCat

        @davidbrown Yeah, the Repatha injector is a terrible execution. If the GLP-1 injectors are anything like it, no wonder people are needle shy. I am thinking about injecting it into a sterile vial then pulling it into a 31g 8mm syringe.

        Currently I inject into my muffin top, alternating sides each time. But the pressure needed to get it to inject ensures it leaves a mark for a few days every time. I’m getting better though. This is month 3 and the first shot left a mark and a welt that lasted over a week.

        D Offline
        D Offline
        davidbrown
        wrote last edited by
        #23

        @ResearchCat said:

        @davidbrown Yeah, the Repatha injector is a terrible execution. If the GLP-1 injectors are anything like it, no wonder people are needle shy. I am thinking about injecting it into a sterile vial then pulling it into a 31g 8mm syringe.

        Currently I inject into my muffin top, alternating sides each time. But the pressure needed to get it to inject ensures it leaves a mark for a few days every time. I’m getting better though. This is month 3 and the first shot left a mark and a welt that lasted over a week.

        So this last dose I shot the auto injector into a U-100 syringe with the plunger removed. That totally worked and was an easy experience, I'll be doing that from now on.

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • ResearchCatR Online
          ResearchCatR Online
          ResearchCat
          wrote last edited by ResearchCat
          #24

          Adding more receipts. Worth noting that I started at 203 at the beginning of August 2025, prior to getting the Hume scale, so some of the early losses are not reflected here. I also have an updated goal of losing another 5-10 lbs if I can do so without losing 5-10 lbs of muscle, so I am increasing tirz slightly and trying to watch my protein a bit better, along with consistent lifting. Vanity demands that I mention my other scale comes in consistently at 4.5 lbs lower than the Hume, so I am certain it is correct, and that is the one I use in my logs. 😉

          I may run another cycle of CJC/Ipa, or maybe try a longer cycle of Tesa/Ipa. My muscle mass has declined slightly in the past few months, which I am not sure how to interpret.

          att.zEdOQZOgcEBHqlTPgz-pGgY259NcJ6g6Pwya-vMsc2w.jpeg
          att.Uvu17pLV6JRs-Mmo7sZTlzRtL5nxIS7uiHqO3peqOTg.jpeg
          att.evcaMhuO8pY7XYPgtNDD9vb91AxCjrQlOTUbIAA07qY.jpeg

          Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

          If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • vpepsV Online
            vpepsV Online
            vpeps
            wrote last edited by
            #25

            Oh, that Hume. I got two of them and both are telling me my fat percentage is 12-13% and visceral fat index is 6, while two DEXA scans showed 27-28% of fat. I am not sure if Hume's numbers are anything relevant. It is far more precise to take a tape meter and find the waist-to-hip ratio.

            attentiion is all you need

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • ResearchCatR Online
              ResearchCatR Online
              ResearchCat
              wrote last edited by
              #26

              Yeah, scales are good for taking relative measurements, even if they are not terribly accurate. As long as they are generally consistent, you can use them to track changes. I measure every month or two, and I am due for another Dexa scan. My friend and I both have Humes and got Dexa scans at the beginning of the year, and at that time, both were pretty close. His now tells him he is at 14% bf and I am at 21%, so he clearly gave me the inaccurate one.

              Yeah, well, I’m just here for the research, man. - The Dude

              If I haven’t liked your post, no offense. I have exceeded my daily allowance.

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • vpepsV Online
                vpepsV Online
                vpeps
                wrote last edited by
                #27

                I agree and use the scales exactly like this, tracking the changes relatively (I have 3 different brands, disagreeing completely with each other, but consistent with themselves). But the absolute numbers matter too, for example, boosting testosterone at fat level 12% and fat 28% for a man will have radically different effects on estrogen level. It's good to know your numbers.

                attentiion is all you need

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • EXTROPIANE Offline
                  EXTROPIANE Offline
                  EXTROPIAN
                  wrote last edited by
                  #28

                  Would a proper supplementation of minerals such as like sodium, potassium, and magnesium which are essential electrolytes that carry this electrical charge, give a more accurate reading?

                  2M

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Mydogdaryl423M Online
                    Mydogdaryl423M Online
                    Mydogdaryl423
                    wrote last edited by Mydogdaryl423
                    #29

                    These scales rely entirely on electrical conductivity, hydration is the single biggest variable. Weighing in right after a heavy workout (when you're dehydrated) or after drinking a lot of water will temporarily skew the resistance. I take my measurements first thing in the morning before eating, drinking, or training.

                    Also a 4 electrode is not nearly as accurate as an 8. The 4 is estimating your upper mass with an algorithm. The 8 sends the current through your whole body.

                    I love these scales for trends but would not use it for anything that requires an accurate number.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    • Login

                    • Login or register to search.
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Categories
                    • Recent
                    • Tags
                    • Popular
                    • World
                    • Users
                    • Groups