Noob pen questions
-
Not new to peps and syringes but just researching pens and wondered a couple things I haven't found answers to.
First, I'm looking at getting the V2 from here as my first pen, for reta, thoughts on that or is there a pen better suited for a newbie?
Second, with syringes, 8mm needle, I always pinch and go at a 45 degree angle but my understanding is you go straight at 90 degrees with a pen, why? Needle length is the same right?
If needle length varies how do I know what length to get? Ultimately I would get pens for other peps I use like wolverine and kisspeptin (does needle length change based on pep?)
Thanks for a great group!
-
First part. You won't go wrong with the V2 but I can almost guarantee that most here would recommend a V4 over it. It has a better tactile feel during the push. If polls are possible here, a favorite pen poll would be interesting. If you have more than 1 peptide, I recommend ordering a few pens and save yourself the shipping charges down the road. Most people order more.
I can't really answer the second part regarding the angle. But the needle gauge and length is a personal preference. Some say longer needles help with those "stingy" peptides. Some say it doesn't matter. I have some 29 gauge 12mm arriving today to test the theory myself.
-
I have v2, v3 ultra, v4, xulin from the store here (https://peptidecritic.com/store) and one or two from amazon. I think V2s.
I like the normal pen cap over the spring loaded version. It isn't like they get dirty but I like not having a hole in the pen over the vial. Beyond that the v3 ultra and xulin have the smoothest action to me. For my money I'd say go v3 ultra or xulin.
The main benefit of a longer needle than you can get on a pen (again just my opinion) are if you want to to deliver something intramuscular, want to go deeper to get closer to tissue (some bpc/tb howtos I've seen suggest deeper injections near the injury) or are doing a large shot (.5ml+ like lipo-c) and want to get it deeper to avoid lumps on the skin. Beyond that normal pen needles in 29g can be found long enough to do angled injections into your research animal.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login