Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Community Meta & Off-Topic
  3. Off-Topic Lounge
  4. TRT questions
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

TRT questions

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Off-Topic Lounge
66 Posts 16 Posters 4.3k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • N Offline
    N Offline
    Nuncles
    wrote on last edited by
    #41

    I liked the split dosing weekly but unfortunately my levels had gotten way too high. An example of why I will also suggest regular bloodwork. My PCP told me to inject every 10 days instead of reducing the dosage. I didn't disagree because less injections were appealing to me at that point. I guess it works OK but the the spilt dosing kept the levels more consistent.

    Also, just an FYI, if you end up going with a PCP and insurance, the 200mg/mL is less expensive and easier to get from pharmacies than 100mg/mL. I pay about $1.77/dose but I do recognize that the cost varies by insurance coverage.

    J 1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • N Nuncles

      I liked the split dosing weekly but unfortunately my levels had gotten way too high. An example of why I will also suggest regular bloodwork. My PCP told me to inject every 10 days instead of reducing the dosage. I didn't disagree because less injections were appealing to me at that point. I guess it works OK but the the spilt dosing kept the levels more consistent.

      Also, just an FYI, if you end up going with a PCP and insurance, the 200mg/mL is less expensive and easier to get from pharmacies than 100mg/mL. I pay about $1.77/dose but I do recognize that the cost varies by insurance coverage.

      J Offline
      J Offline
      JtCjEfF
      wrote on last edited by
      #42

      @Nuncles Im not really sure what they will send me yet. AlphaMD provides everything but the blood work for their monthly fee. I will eventually go with another path, but I will use them for the first 6 months.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • J JtCjEfF

        @HockeyRat I had my intake appointment this week and signed up with AlphaMD. Surprisingly, they don’t want new lab work for 90 days. He set me on Test. Cyp. At 140mg a week, split into 70mg doses.

        I’m genuinely interested to see how the next 3 months goes.

        H Offline
        H Offline
        HockeyRat
        wrote on last edited by
        #43

        @JtCjEfF Within the first 3-4 weeks you should notice big changes. I would recommend doing a little research into it but if you can stand doing daily injections I think you’ll get better results with less possible side effects.

        1 Reply Last reply
        3
        • NewenoughN Offline
          NewenoughN Offline
          Newenough
          wrote on last edited by
          #44

          @hockeyrat @jtcjeff Doc wanted me to sub q ever two weeks. Screw that. Said I could do more often, so I went to daily. But that shit got old. So Mon, Wed, Fri worked well for me.

          H 1 Reply Last reply
          2
          • NewenoughN Newenough

            @hockeyrat @jtcjeff Doc wanted me to sub q ever two weeks. Screw that. Said I could do more often, so I went to daily. But that shit got old. So Mon, Wed, Fri worked well for me.

            H Offline
            H Offline
            HockeyRat
            wrote on last edited by
            #45

            @Newenough More often the better….Yes daily pinning does get old.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • FalcF Offline
              FalcF Offline
              Falc
              wrote on last edited by
              #46

              My doctor started me injecting once a week but I didnt like the troughs. I changed it to every other day. I like it better. I inject GHK-cu and KPV daily now, one more pen is not going to make much difference.

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • NewenoughN Offline
                NewenoughN Offline
                Newenough
                wrote on last edited by
                #47

                @falc I started with a 31g, same ones I use for peps, but DAMN that took for ever to pick up. Still not doing a harpoon, but went to a 29g and it's definitely faster.

                hunt_akH 1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • NewenoughN Newenough

                  @falc I started with a 31g, same ones I use for peps, but DAMN that took for ever to pick up. Still not doing a harpoon, but went to a 29g and it's definitely faster.

                  hunt_akH Offline
                  hunt_akH Offline
                  hunt_ak
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #48

                  @Newenough said:

                  @falc I started with a 31g, same ones I use for peps, but DAMN that took for ever to pick up. Still not doing a harpoon, but went to a 29g and it's definitely faster.

                  What carrier oil? If it's MCT, you'd probably get away with that gauge. MCT seems to be the way to go for guys doing sub-q and also a daily/EOD administration schedule.

                  FalcF 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • hunt_akH hunt_ak

                    @Newenough said:

                    @falc I started with a 31g, same ones I use for peps, but DAMN that took for ever to pick up. Still not doing a harpoon, but went to a 29g and it's definitely faster.

                    What carrier oil? If it's MCT, you'd probably get away with that gauge. MCT seems to be the way to go for guys doing sub-q and also a daily/EOD administration schedule.

                    FalcF Offline
                    FalcF Offline
                    Falc
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #49

                    @hunt_ak currently using MCT (Miglyol, I think). I use 29G 1/2" pen needles in a V2 pen EOD, shallow IM in the quad (most of the time). My first prescription was a grape seed oil carrier (hated it, nasty PIP) I used the same size needle, as long as it was room temp it pulled fine.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • B Online
                      B Online
                      bangkokiscool
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #50

                      Here's an older site that shows injection sites, which I found helpful. It does not, however, list VG, which is also an excellent spot.

                      https://spotinjections.com/index3.htm

                      29G 1/2" for me as well, in a pen. I premix my cartridges (all MCT) with test and whatever extras I'm running at that time, so it's a standard dose every time I pin (currently pinning every day for current protocol).

                      Hammertime65H 1 Reply Last reply
                      2
                      • NewenoughN Newenough

                        @jtcjeff Ive been on trt for probably 6 months, glad I did. I get it through my insurance, standard compounded Test C, 200mg/Ml dose is 20mg x 3 days a week. Some irritation, probably the carrier oil. Also picked up 2 grays as well. Both being the standard 250 per ml at 10ml. One from India, much nicer than the compounded. The other I have yet to try, but it's made with MCT and not a seed oil. Good thing these have a long shelf life! 😂 I grabbed the grays only because insurance is known to just cancel shit. So, I wanted a backup plan in place should that happen. Cost was pretty cheap. About $40-50 for 10ml, depending on the source (includes shipping).

                        M Offline
                        M Offline
                        matts
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #51
                        This post is deleted!
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • NewenoughN Newenough

                          @jtcjeff Ive been on trt for probably 6 months, glad I did. I get it through my insurance, standard compounded Test C, 200mg/Ml dose is 20mg x 3 days a week. Some irritation, probably the carrier oil. Also picked up 2 grays as well. Both being the standard 250 per ml at 10ml. One from India, much nicer than the compounded. The other I have yet to try, but it's made with MCT and not a seed oil. Good thing these have a long shelf life! 😂 I grabbed the grays only because insurance is known to just cancel shit. So, I wanted a backup plan in place should that happen. Cost was pretty cheap. About $40-50 for 10ml, depending on the source (includes shipping).

                          M Offline
                          M Offline
                          matts
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #52

                          @Newenough thanks for the info. Curious if you have a source for your Test with MCT oil? I’m paying $250mo through TRT clinic having it compounded with MCT oil and I’d like to take care of it myself having become quite competent with the blood work, dosing etc. I’ll say w/MCT is the best way to go imop…. No more injection site issues. I’ve also gone all the way to daily IM injections to flatten out peaks hence no need for any AI garbage, no fluid retention etc.

                          B hunt_akH 2 Replies Last reply
                          0
                          • B bangkokiscool

                            Here's an older site that shows injection sites, which I found helpful. It does not, however, list VG, which is also an excellent spot.

                            https://spotinjections.com/index3.htm

                            29G 1/2" for me as well, in a pen. I premix my cartridges (all MCT) with test and whatever extras I'm running at that time, so it's a standard dose every time I pin (currently pinning every day for current protocol).

                            Hammertime65H Offline
                            Hammertime65H Offline
                            Hammertime65
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #53

                            @bangkokiscool Thanks for this, I think. I looked at the biceps injection. NGL, it made my nuts tingle like when I'm standing on the edge of a high spot. That looked like something I'll never do.

                            NewenoughN J B 3 Replies Last reply
                            1
                            • NewenoughN Offline
                              NewenoughN Offline
                              Newenough
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #54

                              I much prefer the MCT over the other oils. Any reason to do IM rather than sub q? I hate IM...

                              J 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Hammertime65H Hammertime65

                                @bangkokiscool Thanks for this, I think. I looked at the biceps injection. NGL, it made my nuts tingle like when I'm standing on the edge of a high spot. That looked like something I'll never do.

                                NewenoughN Offline
                                NewenoughN Offline
                                Newenough
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #55

                                it made my nuts tingle like when I'm standing on the edge

                                That made me laugh...nice.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                1
                                • J JtCjEfF

                                  @quicksilver80 LOL... so I signed up on the Meso forum. Wow... that place is CRAZY! I could feel the jacked energy through my screen. Had 3 dudes telling me what I should do and change immediately... without even asking why I was there or what my goal was. LOL . Crazy place.

                                  Got my Test. results back. ugh. Total 179, Free+SHGB+LH is all messed up. So i definitely need to do something, just havent decided what yet.

                                  Still only have found QSC for grey supply. If any of you have another option I would appreciate a message or DM.

                                  H Offline
                                  H Offline
                                  HockeyRat
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #56

                                  @JtCjEfF Can someone point me in the direction of this Meso group/forum….my curiosity is peaked.

                                  J 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • H HockeyRat

                                    @JtCjEfF Can someone point me in the direction of this Meso group/forum….my curiosity is peaked.

                                    J Offline
                                    J Offline
                                    JtCjEfF
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #57

                                    @HockeyRat Google "Meso-rx". Then think about steroids. 😉

                                    I dont want to link here, as Im not sure i can/should.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    2
                                    • Hammertime65H Hammertime65

                                      @bangkokiscool Thanks for this, I think. I looked at the biceps injection. NGL, it made my nuts tingle like when I'm standing on the edge of a high spot. That looked like something I'll never do.

                                      J Offline
                                      J Offline
                                      JtCjEfF
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #58

                                      @Hammertime65 said:

                                      @bangkokiscool Thanks for this, I think. I looked at the biceps injection. NGL, it made my nuts tingle like when I'm standing on the edge of a high spot. That looked like something I'll never do.

                                      😂

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • NewenoughN Newenough

                                        I much prefer the MCT over the other oils. Any reason to do IM rather than sub q? I hate IM...

                                        J Offline
                                        J Offline
                                        JtCjEfF
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #59

                                        @Newenough NO plans to do IM for me. Not if there is an option.

                                        I ordered some Test C. from a well known grey vendor, received it in about 1 week...BUT they sent me Test E by accident. The vendor is willing to re-ship but Im reading that they are virtually interchangeable, especially with my plan to do 2x weekly subQ. Anyone have any experience to the contrary?

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • Hammertime65H Hammertime65

                                          @bangkokiscool Thanks for this, I think. I looked at the biceps injection. NGL, it made my nuts tingle like when I'm standing on the edge of a high spot. That looked like something I'll never do.

                                          B Online
                                          B Online
                                          bangkokiscool
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #60

                                          Hammertime65 I just did biceps yesterday. No problem at all, not a drop of blood. Just go slowly which the manual pens make easy.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups