Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • World
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Peptide Critic Community Peptide Critic Community
  1. Peptide Forum
  2. Peptide Discussion
  3. 5-Amino-1MQ Research
Prize
Three Pens + Filters & Cartridges
Ends in
2215 entries · 837 participants
Enter →

5-Amino-1MQ Research

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Peptide Discussion
researchingnad5-amino-1mq
120 Posts 31 Posters 10.0k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • J Offline
    J Offline
    jamesboyles
    wrote on last edited by
    #61

    I thought about running 5-Amino-1MQ together with NAD+, but when I looked into it, I found some information that this might actually be counterproductive? What do you guys think?

    EXTROPIANE 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • J jamesboyles

      I thought about running 5-Amino-1MQ together with NAD+, but when I looked into it, I found some information that this might actually be counterproductive? What do you guys think?

      EXTROPIANE Offline
      EXTROPIANE Offline
      EXTROPIAN
      wrote on last edited by EXTROPIAN
      #62

      @jamesboyles 5-Amino-1MQ increases cellular NAD+ levels by blocking an enzyme called NNMT, which normally breaks down the building blocks needed to make NAD+. If you still want to add NAD+ I would personally do low dosages just in case. I would rather run 5amino' with MOTS. The trick here is to run the mitochondria on mostly fatty acids instead of glucose. Scroll up and see what else it does w fats.

      "How It Works with NAD.

      1. Blocks NNMT: It stops nicotinamide N-methyltransferase (NNMT), an enzyme that tags NAD+ building blocks for disposal.
      2. Saves Precursors: By stopping that enzyme, it keeps nicotinamide available to build more NAD+.
      3. Raises Energy: Preclinical studies show this boosts cellular NAD+ levels by roughly 1.2 to 1.6-fold, helping cells create energy more efficiently."

      2M

      1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • Mr SmurfM Offline
        Mr SmurfM Offline
        Mr Smurf
        wrote on last edited by
        #63

        5amino and Mots is a legendary combo for me

        EXTROPIANE J 2 Replies Last reply
        1
        • Mr SmurfM Mr Smurf

          5amino and Mots is a legendary combo for me

          EXTROPIANE Offline
          EXTROPIANE Offline
          EXTROPIAN
          wrote on last edited by EXTROPIAN
          #64

          @Mr-Smurf But it's a different kind of energy. Reminds me of the keto diet back in the days where you switch to ketosis for energy.

          2M

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • P PeptidePete

            Update- I moved to 25mg subq as @randy did, noticed no difference. However some weeks ago I added oral 5-Amino PM on top of my AM subq. Can't find factual research in regards to subq being bioavailable/efficacious (some say it is not), therefore hedging my bets. Frustrating. If someone finds reliable info (not a YT influencer...lol) please post and reference? TIA! At the moment, I plan to be on it indefinitely due to the NAD+ recycling benefits, love my NAD.

            bfullerB Offline
            bfullerB Offline
            bfuller
            wrote on last edited by
            #65

            @PeptidePete I though this Alex Kikel Seminar was decent


            5-AMINO-1MQ SEMINAR & PROTOCOL

            EXTROPIANE 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • bfullerB bfuller

              @PeptidePete I though this Alex Kikel Seminar was decent


              5-AMINO-1MQ SEMINAR & PROTOCOL

              EXTROPIANE Offline
              EXTROPIANE Offline
              EXTROPIAN
              wrote on last edited by
              #66

              @bfuller Good video. Thanks for sharing.

              2M

              bfullerB 1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • EXTROPIANE EXTROPIAN

                @bfuller Good video. Thanks for sharing.

                bfullerB Offline
                bfullerB Offline
                bfuller
                wrote on last edited by bfuller
                #67

                @EXTROPIAN If you like that one he has a good Mitochondrial Peptide Seminar (all the good ones) in his video library on his YouTube page too. Most his seminar videos are great lessons.

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • WisGal64W Offline
                  WisGal64W Offline
                  WisGal64
                  wrote on last edited by WisGal64
                  #68

                  This HVY is very potent compared to other 5 am I’ve researched. I had to back down to 5, but also got little bubbles at IS , they eventually go away, but it’s kind of strange. Don’t experience this with other 5 AM such as nexaph.

                  “Not a guru, not a chemist-just here trying to keep my receptors AND my sanity responsive.”

                  S 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • WisGal64W WisGal64

                    This HVY is very potent compared to other 5 am I’ve researched. I had to back down to 5, but also got little bubbles at IS , they eventually go away, but it’s kind of strange. Don’t experience this with other 5 AM such as nexaph.

                    S Online
                    S Online
                    Shaqdiesel
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #69

                    @WisGal64 Back down to 5? 5mgs I assume? What did you start with that was too much? I have mine but haven't used it yet. I am thinking after my labor day vacation.

                    WisGal64W 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • S Shaqdiesel

                      @WisGal64 Back down to 5? 5mgs I assume? What did you start with that was too much? I have mine but haven't used it yet. I am thinking after my labor day vacation.

                      WisGal64W Offline
                      WisGal64W Offline
                      WisGal64
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #70

                      @Shaqdiesel said:

                      @WisGal64 Back down to 5? 5mgs I assume? What did you start with that was too much? I have mine but haven't used it yet. I am thinking after my labor day vacation.

                      Yes, 5mg, started at 15 where I normally am, but the jitters oof. Then backed down to 10, still too much, 5 seems ok, no jitters

                      “Not a guru, not a chemist-just here trying to keep my receptors AND my sanity responsive.”

                      T 1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • WisGal64W WisGal64

                        @Shaqdiesel said:

                        @WisGal64 Back down to 5? 5mgs I assume? What did you start with that was too much? I have mine but haven't used it yet. I am thinking after my labor day vacation.

                        Yes, 5mg, started at 15 where I normally am, but the jitters oof. Then backed down to 10, still too much, 5 seems ok, no jitters

                        T Offline
                        T Offline
                        TBone
                        wrote on last edited by TBone
                        #71

                        @WisGal64 @shaqdiesel FWIW, I found my happy place is 30mg. But I’m also a male, 6-2, 190lbs.

                        Comfort is the worst addiction - Marcus Aurelius

                        WisGal64W 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • T TBone

                          @WisGal64 @shaqdiesel FWIW, I found my happy place is 30mg. But I’m also a male, 6-2, 190lbs.

                          WisGal64W Offline
                          WisGal64W Offline
                          WisGal64
                          wrote on last edited by WisGal64
                          #72

                          @TBone said:

                          @WisGal64 @shaqdiesel FWIW, I found my happy place is 30mg. But I’m also a male, 6-2, 190lbs.

                          I’m wondering if it’s there is more or what is in this blend that I’m reacting so differently than other 5 am I’ve researched

                          “Not a guru, not a chemist-just here trying to keep my receptors AND my sanity responsive.”

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • S Online
                            S Online
                            Shaqdiesel
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #73

                            I can't wait to try it. I do not have anything to compare it to though because this will be my first time researching on this product.

                            T 1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • S Shaqdiesel

                              I can't wait to try it. I do not have anything to compare it to though because this will be my first time researching on this product.

                              T Offline
                              T Offline
                              TBone
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #74

                              @Shaqdiesel This is my first experience as well. Hopefully you’ll like it.

                              Comfort is the worst addiction - Marcus Aurelius

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              1
                              • T Offline
                                T Offline
                                thanks_enjoi
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #75

                                I prefer oral 5 amino 1q. But just ordered the 500mg bottles. Yes 500mg. 110 a kit. Im pretty stoked about it

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • J Offline
                                  J Offline
                                  jt2oux
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #76

                                  I ordered a few kits as well. I hope they come in a larger than 3ml size vial because it starts crystalizing at concentrations around 100mg/ml refrigerated.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • Hammertime65H Offline
                                    Hammertime65H Offline
                                    Hammertime65
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #77

                                    I take 50mg/.5ml of liquid 5amino daily. I don't feel any added energy, but I am testing nmn powder, mots, and nad+ also. I just hope it is fighting the fat.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • hunt_akH Offline
                                      hunt_akH Offline
                                      hunt_ak
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #78

                                      Started this at 10mg/daily subq and not feeling much 4 days in. I do understand this is generally regarded as a low and potentially 'not enough' dosage.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • vpepsV Offline
                                        vpepsV Offline
                                        vpeps
                                        wrote on last edited by vpeps
                                        #79

                                        Taking 100 mg a day as pills for 4 weeks by now, I can't say I see of feel any difference I may associate with it. Giving it another month. I know that simply taking 500 mg Niacin bring my "intracellular NAD" over the high limit. So probably I don't have difficulties with NAD recycling and maybe NNMT blocker is not of much help for me. Technically it would be proper to do another "intracellular NAD" test to see if my baseline levels are increased, but I don't know if I want to spend $200 on it.

                                        attentiion is all you need

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • WesEqualshXcW Offline
                                          WesEqualshXcW Offline
                                          WesEqualshXc
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #80

                                          My rat is 15 days into researching. He’s up to 20mg subq now. It’s hard to tell for sure what is placebo or if his weight loss plateau was about to break without 5 amino. But the plateau did break and he did notice a VERY mild increase in energy. It’s hard to describe the extra energy. It’s not like coffee or nicotine at all. It’s more like a 1% increase that sustains all day. When the end of the work day comes, he’s as alert and awake as he is normally at 9am. Again, it’s very subtle. Right now he’s only on Reta and just added the 5amino. Been on Reta and a calorie deficit for 3 1/2 months so the extra energy has really lifted his spirits and given him a second wind.

                                          “Research your own experience.
                                          Absorb what is useful.
                                          Reject what is useless.
                                          Add what is essentially your own.”

                                          • Bruce Lee
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          1

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • World
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups